[4] Vroom Snake
6.8k 13 214
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If there was one thing Claire hated, it was being told what to do. Especially so if it pertained to something she held no real information about. Frozen Temple? She had absolutely no idea what it was as and could not glean much from the frozen cage-like room, except, the obvious, that it had to do with ice.

Her hands folded, she tapped her right leg in a rhythmic beat.

Tap tap tap

The echoes resounded within the cuboidal room as the air chilled to a crawl around her figure. Icy, blue, eyes narrowed while her hair fanned out in its pure white form.

"I will ask. . ." She said.

Her voice was frigid.

"What is the Frozen Temple?"

[The Frozen Temple is a temple built by me, Igris Neihime, the greatest water type battle mage to have ever lived. Within holds my trails, complete them, and I shall reward you with my knowledge, the temple, and the inheritance within.]

"So...it's a legacy?" Claire questioned.

[My Legacy, and it should be passed on for the world to continue. Out of us four legends of the elements; Water, Fire, Air, and Earth, only I, the holder of the water seed, has yet to pass it onwards.]

Claire pondered. It sounded interesting enough. Certainly, the thing seemed much more apt than any situation she had ever found herself in on earth. At the very least, it wouldn't make up a needlessly boring memory.

"Water Seed?"

[One of the 7 seeds in existence.]

"I thought you said 4 elements?" She tilted her head.

[Four main elements, but 7 seeds.]

[The seed of Eden, The seed of Soul, The seed of Space, The seed of Water, The seed of Fire, The seed of Air, and The seed of Earth. Each seed allows one to control an aspect of the world.]

Claire furrowed her brow.

"What does the Water seed do then?"

[The Seed of Water: Has the ability to control anything deemed liquid, which involves water droplets in the atmosphere, being able to also control the temperature of liquids. Has the ability to breathe underwater, walk on water and move exceedingly fast in water. Able to feel the presence of things in liquids around you.]

Wait. . .

"Can't I already do a bit of that already?" She tilted her head.

Although her prowess laid in the creation and control of ice, it was still an aspect of the seed in one shape or another.

[You can!?!] This voice sounded surprised for once.

Claire held her right hand forward.

With a thought.

A perfect cube of ice manifested itself onto the palm of her hand. Crystal clear, cuboidal, but completely hollow on the inside. Only a fragile looking outward appearance.

"There, that's how I imagine this room." She nodded.

[Amazing...no chant whatsoever...Reminds me a bit of the legend of the Ice Fairies that once walked this earth...]

"..." Claire decided to remain quiet.

[...wait...]

"..."

[White hair, icy pale blue eyes, frigid aura, the ability to manifest and control ice...]

"..."

[You're an Ice Fairy!!]

"You don't say?" She rolled her eyes.

[I do say!! An Ice Fairy!! One of the masters of the elements!!]

"You're killing my ears." She clicked her tongue.

She would very much rather not remember the yelling. A hazardous cough followed suit.

[Sorry sorry, young miss. Anyway, it would seem you're the perfect fit for my inheritance then.]

"Ugh..."

Why had she met such thick headed fools today? Did it look like she wanted that inheritance of his so badly?

[Yes, she does want it.]

Claire glared at nowhere in particular, "I'll accept this inheritance of yours, but do not try and sway my mind."

[. . .duly noted.]

"Good. Where is it?"

She felt as if a gleaming smile was placed upon her, [Simply conquer my temple, and it will be yours to take.]

She narrowed her eyes. "I'm going to be transported to another place again won—?"

———

"..."

The water within the room reached to ankle length, dampening both her legs and mood in a split moment. The walls around her were crudely built of icy stone, holding the undergrowth of vines.

The area was dimly lit, she could see, barely.

It was another boxed room.

'Let me finish my sentence at least...' She sighed.

However, she didn't have time to think much as a new sound entered into her ears, the hurried squishing of water moving out of the way. Her figure quickly swerved around.

The only words for it was snake, a blue, scaled snake. It stood towering at least twice her height. Its pink tongue slithered in and out of its mouth. It was big, its opened mouth reeked of malice, and it was definitely slithering towards her at an inconceivable speed for its size.

Seeing the rushing beast, Claire had little time to think, holding out her right hand as she jumped backward.

A wall of Ice spawned before her.

Bang

Her snow-white hair fluttered with the wind raised amidst the small space and the defense cracked. Her azure eyes narrowed as she grasped her hand into a fist.

The shriek of the beast rang, the ice wall engulfing its being, spikes forming upon its surface.

The area chilled to a still. Her racing heart calming down, Claire released a sigh. However, even this was short-lasting.

Bang

The cocoon of ice tore open.

Claire widened her eyes as her body instinctively moved. A splinter of ice shot to her but—as soon as it met her skin—disappeared. And that was when she knew for certain she really was immune to ice. She blinked her eyes, finding it ridiculous that she had moved on the instinctual threat of survival when there was not a need.

The snake stood, a layer of blue swirling atop its scales as its emerald eyes stared at what it assumed to be prey.

Claire narrowed her eyes. "You can cover your scales in a defensive skill? Mana? Either way, it isn't good."

214