[26] Overpowered
3.6k 15 129
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Claire took her weapon back into her hand. There were no corpses left in her wake, only the fluttering of ice that matched her white head of hair. Her blue eyes, calm as an unperturbed lake, glanced towards her target.

"So," She looked at the creature.

It was a goblin much too human. In fact, it looked and dressed like one. There were no pointy ears, no grotesque teeth, the only difference from a human was its thin coat of lime-green. Evidently, this was one of the more evolved and she was certain it should understand her words.

"Are you the owner of the Earth Seed?" She asked.

Claire was only curious. There were a lot of thoughts in her mind, one of them wondering if a beast could even have one of the seeds, though she doubted it.

The creature sneered at her as the ground rumbled. A chunk of earth broke from the ground and scattered into the air, becoming spikes, the shot towards her.

Claire frowned at the thought of being ignored. She moved no muscle, ice blistered and clashed head on with the torrent.

Their attack cancelled each other out—sending ice and earth flying.

"Will you answer me now?" She asked.

"I will kill you, yes, then I will eat you, yes. No, yes, I'll give you to the king—yes yes, I shall," It nodded over and over before raising its metal staff, the thing squirmed in its hands and soon formed a sword, "Yes yes, let's battle, I shall kill you, yes?"

Claire stared, unblinking, at the odd-spoken goblin. Did it really think it was stronger than her? She sighed at the thought that this creature looked down at her.

"You know,"

She tapped her feet on the ground.

"That arrogance really displeases me and I very much dislike being ignored so boldly—twice."

The ground around her shined white as it froze, the frigidness of the air continued to extend forward and before the beast could move, a layer of ice had crawled upon its skin.

"Yes? What-," It snared between words but soon froze over.

She could turn anything to ice as long as she touched it, by extension, as long as she had enough mana and willed it, anything that touched what she touched would freeze as well. The ground, the air, they would all freeze before her if she willed it—she was overpowered and she knew it, the only reason she thought she could lose against anyone was if she chose to hold back, the only reason any fight needed to drag on was if she held back, but that wasn't in her character.

She grasped her blade and walked forward.

[Name: Charg

Race: Goblin

Strength: C

Speed: C

Mana: B

Skills: Earth Control (SS)

Overall: A]

"How disappointing, you're not the owner of the Earth Seed," She muttered, slashing her weapon.

Snow fluttered and the beast became nothing. A death without a body.

She decided it only had an innate gift of controlling earth and, in extension, metal. The creature might have been strong, but it wasn't overpowered. The longer she stayed in this world, the more she became aware that that was a prerequisite to stand a chance against her.

[Name: Claire Hill

Race: Ice Fairy

Strength: C

Speed: A

Mana: A

Skills: Glacial World (OverLord), Ice Shift (Rising), Fairy Eyes (U)

Overall: S-]

'Really simple, humph,' Merely becoming more familiar with her powers and realizing her own potential had readjusted her overall rank.

She shook her head and turned around.

"What are you doing here?"

A certain vampire looked dejected as she landed upon the frozen ground.

Claire sighed.

". . .Just go help Faith. . .I'll give you my blood if you do well."

A bright smile blossomed onto the Alicia's face as she nodded, twice, "Hum hum!"

There was already a small army charging towards them, sparsing from around their target building.

The knuckles of the girl cracked as blood flowed, there was a hint of pleasure across her face. Her fangs showed and she crouched, with a leap that shattered the ice beneath her, she was over the minute army. A red orb manifested into the sky as blood rushed out of her body, then, forming a fist with the thing, she smashed down.

The world shuddered under that impact, a slew of goblins were directly pulverized and the rest hurried to escape—however, the fist of red broke off into tentacles and tore at the surrounding. Screams follows that attack and blood, chunks of meat, flew.

The girl landed in front of the small army. She turned around with a smile, covered in blood, and waved back before a kick to the face sent her flying.

". . ." Lost for words, Claire could only think, 'She needs to take a deep bath when we return.'

A sword flew to her side, a figure caught it and sheathed it to his back. He looked back at the corpses behind him and the dark elf running over, then glanced forward.

"We have to cut our way through, now," Fieth said, staring at the frozen land around him, 'This girl is scary. . .she won't steal my record, will she? Wait-she isn't a Hero, that's impossible.'

For a moment, due to her sheer power, he had equated her to a hero in his mind. But if not a hero, why was there someone like her walking this world? She couldn't be one of those legendary figures or be a disciple of them, could she? Her power over ice was really absurd, after all. Then there was her partner. . .the beast currently rampaging ahead who he suspected was definitely a vampire.

129