Chapter 1ー Part 4 : Summoning Ceremony
944 13 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Emperor, Darma Archil Limoges, oversees the heroes' training on a balcony of the imperial palace. From above, he looks down on the heroes and briefly takes a sigh. Some of the heroes are worthy of that title, and some others don't deserve to hold the title. From 25 heroes that manage to get summoned. Only ten of them that worth the time to train. But the reason why the Emperor takes a sigh is not about the hero's capability, but because why they get summoned in the first place.

"They are just a clueless child that force to fight for the Empire benefit." He mutters under his breath.

He, as the Emperor, deems it unnecessary to summon them to this world using that ancient magic. Because of the pressure from the papal states, he, as the Emperor, has no choice but to do so. He himself just recently ascended to the throne. He was merely twenty-two years old yet already had the burden of the Emperor of a vast empire. He has yet to grasp control of all the nobles of the empire. The only reason why he manages to ascend in the first place is the backing from the papal states and her sister as the saint.

"I should probably check on that girl."

The girl is so bold in front of him, yet she is weak. The way she acts is as if she wants to seduce him. But he knew for a fact that was not the case. Her status window reveals how weak she was. But she does not have a blessing whatsoever, a special blessing of Language Comprehension. Yet, that girl manages to conversate without a problem.

"There's something fishy about that girl."

The Emperor has already sent a few people to ask the heroes about that girl. At first, he suspected that girl was an imposter among the heroes, but it seemed unlikely.

"A few people say her behavior change, while other say she always act like that."

The Emperor suspected she had meant to disguise her status window.

"Tell me how this status window measures power."

Her question still lingers in his mind.

"Is it possible, that she just has unmeasurable amount of power?"

The Emperor then turns around and walks into the dungeon where the girl is imprisoned.


At the same time, inside the imperial dungeon. The girl in question is currently leisurely lying on the floor, reading a mysterious book. She enjoys herself as if she is not in prison. The warden who guards the dungeon once wants to confiscate her book, but when they open her cell, the book is suddenly gone. They even search the girl's body only to find nothing.

As the girl read the book, she heard unfamiliar steps getting closer and closer.

"Are they finally decide what will they do to me?" She said under her breath.

The stepping sound is getting closer and closer. The girl, Sulfie, put away the books and proceeded to sit cross-legged, waiting for her incoming visitor. As her visitor came close, she saw the figure—a blonde handsome young man wearing a red robe that showed his status. The handsome young man currently didn't wear his crown. But seeing his face alone, Sulfie recognizes him as the Emperor of this empire.

"To think your majesty will visit me in here, I was sure the one who comes will be an executioner who will end my life." Said Sulfie in a playful tone.

"You seems to be enjoying your time in here. Did I disturb you by chance?" The Emperor said sarcastically.

"Of course not, how come your majesty disturb me? Being in your presence alone was an honor for me." Said Sulfie.

"I come her to ask you about something." Said the Emperor.

"Straight to the point, wonderful. What is it, I will answer what ever question your majesty ask."

"Who are you... no... to be precise. What are you!!" Said the Emperor.

End of chapter 1.

29