Chapter 4: Status…Where are my stars?
612 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Note: I used star symbols in words file but the stars disappeared when posting in RRL and I haven't fixed it yet, so my apologices if this chapter is confusing. PS I'll fix it sometime later.

Author note:
Kourii here, this work is based on Japanese novels so there are two types of names:

Ex: Kurozawa Serika ( While Kurozawa is the family name, Serika is the surname as the way many Asians say their names.)

Ex: Shelton Laker Ainsworth (Shelton is the surname, Ainsworth is the family name)

**This chapter is subjected to change in the later phases( well might be minor changes only).

 

 

#Unedited

Uhem, back to the story, as the princess seemed like she would not snap back anytime soon. The knight like person, urgh, I’ll just call him Mr. Knight as I don’t really recall him in the game. More like was there even a character like him in the game?

“*Cough* anyways, Yes, this is not your previous world. This is Edea. You have been summoned here, and this country is called [Esteral].” Mr. Knight

“Uhem, sorry for my rude conduct. It was unsightly of me. Please let me introduce myself. I am Rosemarie von Esteral, this country’s one and only princess, and also the one who have summoned you.” Rosemarie

After hearing the cover up from Mr. Knight, the princess seemed to have snapped back from her daze, and go on starting to introduce herself while her sight was on mostly Shelton. Well, I already know you from the game though. Princess Rosemarie is the only princess of the king of Esteral out of his three children and also his second child. She has two other brothers, but somehow, they never really got any screen time in the game, I recall seeing them in the climax of Rosemarie capturing route but unfortunately, probably due to the laziness of the game makers, all that was shown about them were vague figures and two faceless characters. I was like ‘Behold! The pitifulness of mob characters!’, and quickly moved on. Alas, the GMs would never bother with designing, or even beautifying other unimportant male characters other than the rival and last boss. More like, why the hell did I play this game like mad then previous me!??

“And this here is the captain of the royal knight order, Zell Veindus.” Rosemarie

The captain give a simple nod at her introduction.

“This two here are the senior magicians who have made summoning you possible. Miss Prisella Macgarden, and miss Bertalia Kroh.” Rosemarie

“Wait a second! Don’t go on speaking all you like! You said we were summoned, right? For what reason? Why so many of us, even dragging in Serika! And is there even a way home!?” Enri

All at once, Enri who has been quiet all this time exploded with questions and with overwhelming vigor towards the princess, resulting in the knight captain stepping up before the princess.

“I am sorry for my friend’s disrespect, princess. I’m sure he is just confused with the situation.” Shelton

“I understand. It’s okay captain Zell, he is not a threat. As the hosts, we should not treat our guest so, and it is also a mistake on our part to have summoned too many people, urm Mister...” Rosemarie

“Shelton, Shelton Laker Ainsworth. This friend is Kurozawa Enri.” Shelton

“Shelton-sama, is it? And Enri-sama, what you want to know will be explained by the king so please would you follow me to meet the king?” Rosemarie

Rosy, your pink cheek is betraying your poker face when you said Shelton’s name just then you know.

“The king…” Chizu

“Calm down Enri. Let’s follow her and let the king explain.” Kana

“Are we going to meet the king?” Mina

“I understand. Serika, are you are okay? You didn’t hit anywhere when we got here right?” Shelton

The first half of the sentence was directed at the princess while the second half was directed at me without his usual calm smile. Shelton seems anxious, not just about me but the whole situation.

“It’s okay. I am okay. Let’s just go meet the king.” Me

I nodded to Shelton and Enri who is also looking towards me. *sigh* they really are overprotective, I am not so weak like when I was a child you know. Although one part of me feels annoyed at their protectiveness, another part of me is happy over the attention they give me. It has always been like this, even when I remembered my previous life, it was not like I, my personality, my past, all changed into ‘her’, I know and accept that I am Kurozawa Serika who cherishes both her big brother, and childhood friend. This is also the reason that I didn’t decide to run away from Shelton, and Enri. Although, I did try to avoid being too overly close with them, even finding a separate apartment to move into when I turn 15. It is not like I can just throw away my ten-plus years of relationship with my ‘family’ due to some vague memories, the relationship of us three is not so shallow. I am not exaggerating to say that we can even exchange our lives for one another. Even now, my feelings are the same, just that I am always suppressing them. Our story from the start was us three, and somewhere inside me, has always hoping that it will continue to be the three of us.

*sigh* in the end, I am a ball of contrast myself. Argh!! What am I doing being all emotional all of a sudden?? 

“Well then this way please.” Rosemarie

With the princess leading the way, we were led out with the magicians and knight captain in tow from the big room which seemed to be the summoning room. Passing through a long corridor decorated with old paintings which made us (except Shelton) amazed at the sight of the medieval castle. Only Shelton is in deep thought while following behind. Soon after passing who knows how many twist and turns around the winding corridor, we were led to a gigantic wooden door with the same circle like drawings around the edges. I am sure that is a defensive mechanism set up or something.

What enters our eyes, as the huge door opens with a clack by the guards standing both sides of the door, was a big hall, bigger than the previous room, and a long red carpet with a throne at the end above some flight of stairs. Then the man sitting on the throne spoke.

“Welcome, heroes. We are the XI king of Esteral, Frankas Falmia di Esteral.” King

“We greet the king.”

As the king’s words ended, everyone who entered the room went down on their knees, and following them Shelton did the same so we all followed to kneel. After all, Shelton seems to know how to behave in front of royalty. Really, I am quite curious what his maternal family is in terms of rank as I only know that they are an ancient family. From observing grandma Laura, I can’t tell at all though, either the grace she has as the old head of a noble family or the status and power of the Ainsworth themselves.

“Rise.” King

“ We thank the king.” All

“We have been informed of the mistakes of the summoning, and we are truthfully sorry by our uncouth behavior such that can be called as kidnapping.” King

As the king’s words finished, there was murmur among the officials present in the hall as lines like “Our king! To even personally apologize is…”, “Absolutely, we are…”, and so on was heard.

“Silence!” King

“As a king with the duty to protect his citizens, I am willing to bow down my head even if need be, so please Save us! O’ great chosen heroes!” King

As soon as his words landed, the king stood up and bowed his head to us and then the princess, the magicians, the knight captain, and also the officials followed suit.

“Eh?” Chizu “Wha-?” Mina “Wait-” Kana “This…” Enri

They were all seriously bowing their heads begging us. Really this is quite a sight, but I know what is coming-

“Please save us and kill the demon lord!!” and thus they simultaneously shouted.

For a moment, we were all taken aback as we were stumped on how to react.

“Please raise your heads. Although we might not know what is going on, but at least you should explain to us what it is that is threatening you.” Shelton

“Yes, it is as you say.” King

The king raised his head and sat back down on his throne as he started to order the rest to rise and called the princess to stand near him, and finally spoke.

“Let me explain from the beginning. This world, Edea, has many different countries and races including humans, elves, and demons. Different from the weak humans, demons are strong. They are born with high magical capability and physical strength. As for this country, Esteral is one of the few human countries which was formed two thousand years ago. We humans, and demons have always been on bad terms due to the different Gods we believe in. While we believe in the God of light Vianna and God of judgement Sevor, the demons believe in the God of darkness Mergus and the God of destruction Ashurd.” King

“Although there have been previous small conflicts here and there, the two races have not mingled with one another for a long time. We respect the existence of each other and the different Gods we follow.”Rosemarie

Following after the king was the princess who had on a very serious face. This is the history of Edea that is also told in the game tutorial phase. I remember I’d read this so many times that I can basically score with flying colors had it been in a test.

“Only until recently, the newly crowned king of the demons, Astroa, who is a cruel follower of the God of destruction, has declared war against the human race. This is why we decided to summon the hero, who has been foretold to be the savior since ancient times.” King

“So, you are telling us that we are heroes, and to help you defeat the demons?” Enri

“Yes, that is the case.” King

“Are you kidding with us!? You are telling us to put our life on the line and fight ‘your’ battle for you? Moreover, against the enemy that are said to be stronger than humans!?” Enri

“Enri, calm down.” Shelton

“How can I calm down!? How!? Isn’t he just telling us to go and die!?” Enri

From Enri’s shout, there was some kind of dark invisible pressure being let out from Enri which made the guards including the captain to take a defensive stance. Not just them was affected, even me and the rest was steadily getting pale form the dark pressure he was giving off, and it seems like the person himself wasn’t even aware of it.

“I know how you feel Enri, but calm down, and let’s talk this peacefully.” Shelton

“Calm? I am already calm enough, it is you who should stop listening to their bullshit!” Enri 

His aura is getting more and more dense and is pressing us harder and harder.

“Enri!” Shelton

As Shelton shouted, a light gold aura also seeped out from him as it started to suppress Enri’s aura. The two of their auras clashed as one side is dark and overbearing while at the same time giving you a riling feeling, and the other is warm and gives one a gentle serene feeling. From the clash of their auras, I feel as if the air is getting thin and it was getting harder to breath.

“Knights! Protect the king and princess.” Knight captain Zell

“Berta! Prisella! Barrier-” Zell

“Wait-” Rosemarie

“Just stop it, both of you!! Are you crazy!?” Me

As I managed to pull out my voice to shout at them, they finally snapped back, and the clashing auras disappeared. Enri who was rampaging began to calm down after he saw mine and everyone faces were pale, and he seemed to have figured out what had happened. At the same time, Shelton was also looking at Enri started to revert back to his normal composure. As I thought, there is something wrong with him as he should not have easily lost his temper like that.

“…I…just now…sorry” As he heard me shout, Enri seemed confused while looking at his hand then turned towards me with a soft apology.

“I am sorry for the trouble we have caused.” Shelton said after he looked towards his hand just like Enri and gave a bow towards the king and the princess.

“No, it is us who are at fault. Knights relax, there is no danger here.” King

“My friend was just a little rash, I hope that your majesty can overlook his behavior. First, let us start from introducing ourselves. My name is Shelton Laker Ainsworth. Enri, your turn.” Shelton

“…I am Kurozazwa Enri. Sorry for just now.” Enri

“Kurozawa Serika.”

“I’m Yamada Kana.”

“My name is Takamiya Chizu.”

“Yamada Mina.”

“My first question is that is there a way for us to return home?” Shelton

“Well…that is…” Rosemarie

“Hmm, Prisella, you tell them as you are the most knowledgeable on the subject.” King

“Yes, as of the magic of right now, there isn’t any precise magic technology able to reverse the summon.” Prisella

“What do you mean?” Chizu

“Let me put it into an easier way, we cannot send any of you back right now as the magic we have used to call you here is only based on the ancient records and it is only a one-way trip.” Bertalia

Just we were shocked at the harsh reality that we won’t be able to go back, Prisella’s confident voice was like a ray of light in the darkness.

“However, we are confident that, given enough time, we can come up with a reverse summon magic based on the same record, and will send you back.” Prisella

As her voice, we turned silent, thinking about being able to go back while fearing the duration we needed to wait. Well, the ones thinking that are only the rest except me. What am I thinking about you ask?

Actually, I am standing there quietly but my mind is in total panic. This is wrong! This is definitely wrong!! I mean there wasn’t supposed to be this development at all!

The 1st phase of the game or should I say tutorial phase was just the phase the party (Shelton, Enri, and Serika) was summoned, when they decided to kill the demon lord, the history and there wasn’t supposed to be a way back at all!

Don’t tell me Prisella is bluffing? However, from the look on her face, she seems extremely confident, and it doesn’t look like she is lying at all.

“Is it true that we can go back?” Kana

“Yes, there is a high possibility that you can go back in maximum about 5 years as our research team is quite capable, you see.” King

“Five years...” Enri

In other words, we have to somehow survive here for 5 years, and we will able to go back? 5 years can be said to be a not so long nor short period of time. Many things can happen, and can we even trust what the people here are telling us? *sigh* this is totally out of my expectations.

“My last question, if it is just as you’ve said then we have no choice but to fight then?” Shelton

“No, we are not forcing you all to fight by yourself. We do have our own conscience. You all can choose not to fight, and we will also provide you with the necessary preparations for you to be able to survive here. For those who are willing to help us, we also won’t let you shoulder all the risks. We know that this is our fight, and we will still stand and fight no matter the odds.” King

“We really sincerely ask you to please lend us your power as I am sure you have felt it too.” Rosemarie

“Rosy-” King

“I know I should not do this but please can you decide after checking your abilities out first? It is said that all the summoned will receive special powers so as to make up for the summon.” Rosemarie

“Powers…is it?” Enri

“Come to think of it since a while ago…”

“You too?”

“yes, I also…”

As the princess words finished, the group started to notice something inside them was strange. Of course, I don’t feel anything though.

“Fine. We will decide after we check our powers.” Shelton

“Yes, Shana! Bring Vianna’s stone fragments here!” Rosemarie

The princess ordered the short haired maid who was standing behind her as the king can’t help but give out a sigh looking at the actions of his daughter. Not long later, the maid called Shana was back with 6 palm-sized flat-surfaced stones and handed one of them to each of us.

“This is called Vianna’s stone fragment. It is said to have Vianna’s magic energy stored within and can be used to check one’s status. All you have to do is concentrate the word status then it will be shown on the surface of the stone.” Rosemarie

As soon as she said it, each of us closed our eyes while focusing on the stone. I also temporarily suppressed my thoughts can concentrated.

‘Status’

With a flicker a transparent window appeared in front of me.

Name: Kurozawa Serika Age: 14 Level: 1 

Title(s): Heroes’ family (+Luck)

Health:

MP:

Attribute: Water, l..e

Skill(s): -Swordsmanship Lv. 2

-Martial Reflex Lv. 4

RANK:*****

““Huh!? ”“

The ones who said that is not just me but all 6 of us.

“What you can see is called the status. It is commonly categorized as stars with the lowest rank being a half-star and one star for all normal humans.” Rosemarie

“Um, what does a hollow mean? And the status is flickering a little.” Mine was exactly a hollow there at the RANK there, and the attribute part is shaking at the last part. What is going on or is it some kind of BUG?

“Mine is just fine though, the screen is just like a game’s.” Enri who was looking at his status said while looking towards me pointing at the space in front of him.

“Perhaps… your concentration is lacking, you should try again one more time.” Rosemarie

“Okay.” I answered while concentrating on the word ‘Status’ once again.

*Flicker*

Name: Kurozawa Serika Age: 14 Level: 1 

Title(s): Heroes’ family (+Luck)

Health:

MP:
Attribute: Water, life

Skill(s): -Swordsmanship Lv. 2

-Martial Reflex Lv. 4

RANK:

This time the attribute part shook a bit before turning into clear letters once again, it is written ‘life’ there.

“It is still a hollow though.” Me

“Eh? Mine is two stars though.” Enri

“Hmm? My Rank is also two stars.” Shelton

“Mine is one and a half.” Chizu

“Mine too.” Kana

“I also have 1 and a half.” Mina

“Eh? Then it’s only mine? What does this mean?” I have a bad feeling about this as I turned to the princess for answers.

“A hollow… it can’t be…” Rosemarie

“What is it exactly?” Shelton

“It means the lowest rank of all… one with the slightest potential to grow strong.” Rosemarie

Her words were like a striking thunder as I was shocked by it and only then was I completely sure that this was no longer the game world I was familiar with. There were too many things different from the game. Perhaps… it was me or something else…it is similar but at the same time, different.

Name: Shelton Laker (Shelton L. Ainsworth) Age: 14 Level: 1 

Title(s): Vianna’s hero

Health:

MP:

Attribute: Light, Holy

Skill(s): -Empower (Light, Holy) Lv. 0

-Aura (Holy) Lv. 0

-Focus (Light) Lv. 0

-Light Blade (Light, Holy) Lv. 0

- Swordsmanship Lv. 3

RANK:

Name: Kurozawa Enri Age: 15 Level: 1 

Title(s): Sevor’s hero

Health:

MP:

Attribute: Dark(Shadow), Holy

Skill(s): -Bolster (Dark, Holy) Lv. 0

-Aura (Holy) Lv. 0

-Sixth Sense (Shadow) Lv. 0

-Severe (Shadow, Holy) Lv. 0

- Swordsmanship Lv. 4

RANK:

Name: Takamiya Chizu Age: 15 Level: 1 

Title(s): Summoned warrior

Health:

MP: Attribute: Earth

Skill(s): -Martial Arts Lv. 5

-Strengthen (Earth) Lv. 0

RANK:

Name: Yamada Kana Age: 15 Level: 1 

Title(s): Summoned Healer

Health:

MP:

Attribute: Light

Skill(s): -Fast Chant Lv. 0

-Light Magic (Light) Lv. 0

-Heal Chain (Light) Lv.0

RANK:

Name: Yamada Mina Age: 14 Level: 1 

Title(s): Summoned Sorcerer

Health:

MP:

Attribute: Wind, Fire

Skill(s): -Fast Chant Lv. 0

-Fire Magic (Fire) Lv. 0

-Wind Magic (Wind) Lv.0

RANK:

 

7