Gamer’s Guide to: Character Creation
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What’s up gamers? It’s ya boy Karl here to guide you through the mystical ways of character creation! First up on the list’ll be choosing your race!

Race Selection

In my opinion, this is the hardest part of the process to get through. There are ten races in R&C. Six unlocked races greet you as soon as you start: Humans, Myconids, Steelhearts, Vulkans, Goblins, and Elves. The last locked four are a part of the underworld and highland worlds: Demons and Undead for the underworld; Fey and Ascended for the highlands. There are about two variants (or sub-races) for each race, although the locked races have a ton more.

Then there are the factions, which are race-specific. Any subrace can become a faction, although it’d be a little odd to see a towering Mountain Elf walking around the tiny Woodland Elves, who make up the most of the Nature Preservation Force (NPF).

The character customization is perhaps the coolest part because it has an actual effect in-game. If your Woodland Elf is five feet tall (the maximum height the game allows you to stretch that race), you’re going to end up running around naked since most clothes produced by Woodland Elves won’t fit you and homeless because you can’t fit in the teeny homes of the two-feet tall creatures. Skin color changes are also fun to mess with. A Human a part of the Celestial Sand Paladin (CSP) faction with bright green skin and a head full of curly orange hair will catch some...unsavory attention (see Major’s interview of a Player who did exactly that!).

So, yeah, character customization? Ten outta ten. After you’ve chosen your race, subrace, and faction, you’ll be confronted with two choices: becoming a Raider or a Settler.

Raiders vs Settlers

As you know, this game revolves around two kinds of roles: those who raid and those who settle. Now, raiders can technically build a settlement and vice versa but neither group will have the benefits that come with choosing the opposite option.

Raiders tend to get classes specializing in battle, weapon- and armor-smithing, as well as alchemy. Settlers get classes specializing in governance, construction, production, and commanding. Settlers can receive battle classes depending on the faction they joined up with, such as the Human’s Neo-Rex Faction. Raiders can also get noble classes if they joined a noble faction, like the Myconid faction.

There are six ranks to the roles. For Raiders, it’s Thief, Bandit, Outlaw, Plunderer, Maurudar, and Conquistador. For Settlers, it’s Chief, Baron, Viscount, Count, Marquess, and Duke. Raiders move up in ranks through successful thorough-raids, which is when you strip a base (doesn’t matter if it’s a village, town, city, whatever) of its entire contents. That, or by pulling off some take-overs which is where a Raider seizes control of a settlement. It’s rare to pull off well, so don’t expect to get many!

Settlers move up in ranks by upgrading their settlement through various stages and keeping it protected from Raiders. I’ll go over this more in my Guide to Raiders and Settlers, so check them out if you want a better understanding.

Now that you’ve got your race and role down, you can enter the game and play all you want.

It’s purely intentional that you didn’t get to choose a class right at the start of character creation. The game is all about exploring them on your own, finding which ones work and which ones don’t for you.

So, get out there and start working on the coolest character you can think of!. I’ll catch you in another guide, gamers!

I appreciate any and all comments! Here's my Discord as well!

1