Brief Breaking News: 12 Days of Edgelord
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Brief Breaking News! I’m Noodler69, here to bring you news as fast as possible!

A Christmas event has just been announced for Raid & Conquer! The ‘12 Days of Edgelords’ will begin tomorrow, December 13th. Every country, race, and NPC will be involved! It’s completely optional for Players; they have the choice to deny the initial quest and will face no penalty if they choose to refuse to participate. Well, any nearby NPCs who catch a Player refusing the quest might give them the stink-eye until the event is over but such is the way of R&C.

Now, here’s the gist: the [Edgelord Emperor] has taken control of the entirety of Kanegia - the name of the in-game world. Being the edgelord that he is, he plans to put an end to the upcoming Kanemas - yes, that’s what in-game Christmas is called - holiday. His minions - the [Edgelords], [Goth Girls], and [Angst Demons] - have spread out across the land and are terrorizing the inhabitants, dampening the Kanemas cheer. Players have twelve days to collect items, equipment, important mobs, and NPCs to fight against the [Edgelord Emperor] before he shuts down the entire Kanemas business on December 25th.

Each IRL day brings a new quest to players. They’re normally just fetch-quests to collect the twelve gifts but some, if not all, may require some intricate maneuvering on the Player’s part to get NPCs working together. As soon as the clock hits 00:00 in your respective time zones, the previous day’s quest disappears from your quest book. You’ll still keep the items you gathered and you’ll be able to complete the next quest, but you’ll face a penalty if the [Edgelord Emperor] is defeated. Yes, I said if. There’s no guarantee that Players will be able to beat the [Edgelord Emperror] even if they collect the items and the correct NPCs.

The end battle ultimately comes down to talent, skill, and whatever else a Player can pull out of their keyboard. If no one on a server manages to defeat the emperor, every single participant will face a severe penalty and you’ll have to live with the knowledge that you ruined an NPC child’s Kanemas. Good luck to all participating Players!

My little sister has offered to write special events and features from the events for us in her bestiary. She refused to provide them without payment, however, so they'll be limited to the MBS Patreon. Hopefully, she'll come to her senses and realize her dear older brother isn't in the possession of such funds.

This has been Brief Breaking News with Mother’s Basement Studios! It’s time for dinner!

1