Interlude: Meanwhile, Elsewhere
2.1k 18 118
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A door burst open.

“Didn’t your mother teach you to knock?”

“Have you seen the news?”

“I have.”

“How can this be?”

“You know as well as I do that there’s only one explanation.”

“…It’s her.”

“Yes.”

A pause.

“Did you know this would happen?”

“It was a possibility. A remote one, but it was there.”

“And you didn’t tell me.”

“I didn’t tell you because I didn’t think anyone, not even Ryder, would stoop so low.”

“I have to…”

“You don’t have to do anything. It’s not ready. You’re not ready. It will be at least a month until you’re fit again. If you try to do something now, you’ll only get yourself killed, and that wouldn’t help her, would it now?”

A sigh. “No, it wouldn’t.”

“I’ll do my best to hurry up, but this is delicate work. But I think I can--”

“No, don’t rush it. It’s better to delay for a few days if necessary, to be sure it works without a hitch.”

“Are you sure? What about her?”

“She…” Another sigh. “We’ll just have to hope she doesn’t get seriously hurt until we’re ready.”

“Let’s hope so, my friend.”

 

Very brief chapter, but it's necessary to set the stage for things to come.

Also, as a heads up: I'm going to take the next two weeks off. I still have several chapters already written, but my buffer is quickly shrinking, so I'm going to rebuild it over the end-of-year holidays.

Power Up! will return on Monday, January 11th. See you all then! :)

118