It’s not bad to have hope! – chapter 35
2.1k 1 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With Shiro in my hand, I was heading inside the cave while dragging the dead body of the monster.

Shiro wasn't responding to any of my calls anymore. She was breathing in a way as if she was in pain.

After I got inside the cave, I created a small barrier at the entrance of the cave.

I sat down and checked Shiro's status.

.

——————————

Name: Shiro

Species: Cat

Gender: Female

Health: 0.5/5

STR: 1

MC: 5

AGI: 14

VIT: 4

DEF: 0.5

Condition: Starving

Skills: ( night-vision )

——————————

.

She was on the verge of dying from starvation.

I took off the skin of the monster's bear which I was using as clothing and put it down. I laid Shiro over that so she wouldn't sleep on the hard ground.

I hurried and started to skin the monster which I had gotten here. It smelled really bad!

Shiro didn't have much time left so I started cutting one of the arms of the monster using tools made with "Materialization".

I made a fireball and started heating its arm. The smell didn't change from this. But for now, it doesn't matter!

After some minutes I cut some muscle from the arms surface which was fully cooked and with a smaller knife, I started cutting it into smaller pieces, to make it easier for Shiro to eat.

I reached out to Shiro and called out her name.

[ Shiro, Open your mouth, look it's food! ] ( Hatsuko )

I put the food close to her nose so she would react. But she still didn't react.

Looking at her that was in pain I opened her mouth with one hand and shoved a small piece of meat into her mouth with the other one.

She couldn't chew the meat. I didn't want her to choke on it so I helped her spit it out of her mouth.

Shiro was too weak to eat.

I was running out of ideas. Shiro would die anytime now. I couldn't bear watching it die in pain. All that was left for me to do was finish her quickly so she wouldn't suffer anymore.

Maybe things would be different if I had some liquid food...

...

Wait, liquid!?

I remembered when Shiro licked my blood when I was fighting the monsters.

As I thought that, I cut off the veins of my left arm. Blood started sprouting out.

Without letting the wound close too fast, I grabbed Shiro's face and opened her mouth.

She is drinking it!!

I put her face closer to my wound so she could drink it easier. But after a few seconds, the wound closed up.

Noticing Shiro licking the closed wound, I ripped off my wrists skin using my teeth.

More blood was coming out and without letting it go to waste Shiro started drinking it.

She was getting more energy now. She could open her eyes and move her head around to reach out to my wounded wrist.

After the wound closed again, Shiro closed her eyes and started sleeping again on my hand.

I checked her status again.

.

——————————

Name: Shiro

Species: Cat

Gender: Female

Health: 2/5

STR: 1

MC: 5

AGI: 14

VIT: 4

DEF: 0.5

Condition: Recovering

Skills: ( night-vision )

——————————

.

She seems better now.

When she wakes up I think she should be able to eat food on her own.

After putting Shiro over the temporary bed made out of the monster's skin I started eating the cooked arm of the monkeys.

I didn't bother about the smell since the taste was delicious as always.

I kept eating as I was staring at Shiro sleep peacefully.

After I had my fill, I laid down next to Shiro.

I kept the Fireball close enough so Shiro wouldn't freeze during the night.

As I was laying down I opened my own status.

[ i haven't checked my status yet... ] ( Hatsuko )

.

——————————

Name: Hatsuko Gee

Gender: Male

Age: 17

Health: 80.870/91.643

STR: 10.892

MC (mental capacity): 11.858

AGI: 38.657

VIT: 13.989

DEF: 25.987

Soul collected: 9.999/10.000

Condition: Healthy,

Skills: ( Materialisation ), ( Air slash ) ( The eyes of see-through ) ( Rage ) ( Berserk of Gluttony ) ( Presence detection) ( Night Vision ) ( Fireball ) ( Marionette ) ( Auto fight ) ( Poison Resistance ) ( Illusion) ( Life Draining ) ( Telekinesis ) ( Limit breaker ) ( killing intent ) ( Boost ) ( X10 eyes ) ( Aura sense )( Eyes of destructing ) ( telepathy ), etc

——————————

.

My health was recovering and it seems like I got about +1.000 points on each of my stats.

I also got a new skill "Telepathy"

Does that mean I can talk to someone using that? It's called Telepathy after all.

{ Answer: "Telepathy" can communicate directly with someone using your mind. The range depends on MC }

Well, I don't see how this will help me fight monsters.

And now lastly...

I still don't know what this "Soul collected" is. I have reached 9.999.

From the name of this seems like I can collect the souls of those I kill, which are monsters. But what will happen after I reach 10.000?

Will I get stronger? A new powerful skill? Or will I reach my limit?

I was a bit excited while I was thinking that.

I closed my eyes.

.........

.......

.....

...

..

.

* * * *


Sakuru Country

——————————

All of the supervisors had gathered again inside the same room as before.

Everyone had a gloomy expression except the one who seemed to be the organizer of the group.

[ Gentleman... ]

The organizer called out to everyone with a tone as if something important was about to be said.

[ I have gotten a report about one of our bases... ]

The room got fully quiet and everyone had their attention to the one who was speaking.

[ It was completely destroyed! ]

46