A choice to make! – Chapter 144
1.2k 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What do you think you're doing?!” This version of me was much more energetic and he had a pure look on his face. He was the opposite version of me when I was younger. 

“Do you think that just disappearing away will solve all your problems!?” He grabbed my clothes as he angrily said to me.

“Ever since you’ve realised about your own existence, you’ve always complained about how your life is trash. But have you ever tried changing it?!” 

I have tried so many times changing myself into a different person, but no matter what I do, the result is always the same. Even after I gained my power, I thought that was a chance for me to be a different kind of person...

“You’re wrong! You only thought about yourself, and now you keep complaining about how your life sucks? Can’t you see what you’re doing to yourself? When you were much younger, you always watched a lot of movies with superheroes in them. You may think that those heroes were fools, but comparing them to the current you, then the foolish one is you!” After saying that to me, he let go of my clothes after taking a deep breath.

“Now then, I want you to come with me.” He brightly smiled at me as he grabbed my hand. The dark space around me also changed into a brighter one. I couldn't understand why but somehow, I felt much better than before. Is this his doing this as well?

“Where are we going?” He looked back at me with a smile on his face when I asked. He had the kind of smile with no ill intentions or any hate inside him towards me.

“I wanted to show you something that you might be interested in.” This whole thing felt like a dream to me even though I thought I was dead. It's like I was stuck within my own body in an endless dream that I would never wake up. Around me appeared a lot of other characters that I know from real life. Are they…?

“Yes, every single character here represents a part of subconsciousness.” 

But I looked the other way the moment I realised who they were… Chloe, Ichika, Hina, and the other girls… Why have they taken that kind of form? If they are my subconsciousness then they should know what happened...

“Hatsuko… Look at them!” He told me in an unusually harsh voice. But I didn’t want to listen to him.

“You can’t? Why? Because you feel like they betrayed you? Is that the reason why you can’t look at them?” 

If I could go back to my own room then I would, but my body wasn’t responding to me anymore.

“Look at them… Look at them Hatsuko!!!--” When I tried taking a glance at them I saw everyone warmly smiling as they were looking at me.

“--Do you really believe that these girls would turn on you?” I couldn't feel any ill intention from any of them. Their eyes were focused on me as they slowly were approaching me. 

“Didn’t you trust Chloe when she said that you weren’t alone?” 

“I did…” I responded to him.

“Didn’t you think it was weird that Shiro wasn’t with you but with them instead? Do you really believe that a pure hearted cat would want to stay with someone else, rather than with someone she really trusts?” 

“It is weird…” 

“What about Ichika and Hina? Were they that untrustful? You taught Ichika how to have self confidence and how to fight. And Hina? You already know that she can’t thank you enough for giving her a home when she was in a difficult part of her life. She did some bad things in her past, but don't you think that people can change?”

“…”

“And lastly, Akemi… Didn’t you find it weird that she was siding with humans, knowing that she hated them? And then, the twin sisters, they barely know anything about this world, they can be easily manipulated. That's why they put their own lives into your hands. 

Do you really think that everything was fake?!” 

“No… it was true…”

“Say it louder!” 

“It wasn't fake! Everything that they did and said to me was all real!” My body felt relieved the moment I said all of this. A feeling as if a huge chain were taken off me was being transmitted through my body…

“You said that you wanted to be a hero, so here is your chance. Not the hero of the whole world, but their hero... Be their hero!” 

Me? Their hero? 

“Yes, but you need to make a decision right here and now. Will you wake up or will you let a trash skill of yours use your body however it wants?” 

I took another look at all of the girls who were near us. The way they saw me didn't change and I could feel that they wanted to hear my answer as well.

“I want to go back.” All of the other girls who were being represented by my subconsciousness, disappeared the moment they heard my answer. But they weren't completely gone, I could still feel them by my side saying to me ‘You can do it’. The younger version of me was also smiling after he heard my answer.

“But before you go back, I want to show you one last thing.” The space around us changed once again, and in front of us appeared a massive door covered in green and dark chains. I could feel a strange and familiar aura coming out of that door.

“What is that?” Somehow I felt eager to know what was behind those doors. It felt as if it was an important part of me. A part that I had forgotten for a long time… What is behind that door?

“That's the source of your power.” His voice suddenly became quieter as if he was concerned and worried about it. His voice sounded like he was scared a little bit. 

“The source of my power?” Is this how every human keeps their skills inside their bodies? I was still confused about it because I would have never thought that I would see my own power like this. This also opens the chances of discovering the true potential and meaning of every ability user.

“Can I go inside?” I said as I tried approaching that door, but somehow I felt a strong invisible barrier preventing me from entering. Huh? I can’t go in?

“No, I can’t even approach that kind of place.... That's what I wanted to warn you about. The source of your power is the reason… why most of the humans hate you.” 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

32