What is the point of this?! – Chapter 143
1.2k 7 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I don't care what you are, so leave.” I looked the other way without a care about who this guy was.

“If you wanted me to leave, then I wouldn't even be here in the first place.” He kept staring at me as he said that. I was trying not to look at him, but somehow I felt like he was smirking at me.

“You see, losers like you never learn do they?” What did he just call me? I wasn't sure why, but I couldn't keep my cool the moment he called me a loser. That's why I tried killing him, but none of my skills were working. Even my status wasn't showing up no matter how much I thought about it.

Fuck it, i don't need my skills to get rid of someone. I ran towards that guy and tried punching him with all I had. Somehow I felt myself slower than usual and the moment my fist reached his face... nothing happened. He just stood still with a smirk on his face without reacting at all. It was as if he didn't feel my punch.

What is going on!?

“See? Once a loser, you'll always be a loser.” He slightly pushed me, causing me to fall on the ground. I have never felt this weak ever since I was in Sakuru… Why aren't my powers working?!

Suddenly, the room I was in, transformed into an infinite dark space with nothing else but me and this guy who had the same appearance as me.

“No matter what you go through, you'll always be the same. When you were be back at your own house, when you joined the Sakuru high, and even now… you're still the same loser that you used to be.”

“Shut the fuck up! You don't know anything about me!!!” This person irritated me with each word that came out of his mouth. 

“Oh, I know everything about you, since the moment you were born until this very moment. And let me tell you, I know the reason why you are always alone.” I couldn't see his face anymore from the sudden lighting within this dark space. Who is this guy and why does he keep bothering me?

It's because nobody likes you!” I could see the white of his teeth smiling from within the darkness of his face. 

“Did you know that your father tried killing you after you were born? I still remember his face in anger as he was hesitating if he wanted to strangle you to death or not.” My father… tried to kill me? This was one of the things I could never think of. Even though he spent most of his time on his work, I never felt any hate coming from my own father. 

“Hahahaha, you should have seen his face as he was looking at his own mistake!” This guy has to be lying about this!

“Even when you were back at your previous school, you always wondered why no one bothered to talk to you. You already know the answer but you couldn't just accept it.” Why doesn't he just shut up already? Just from hearing his voice, it was making me really angry.

“It's because no one liked you! Your entire life has been nothing but a big mistake. Even the students of Sakuru high hated the fact of even being near you. That's how much they hated you! 

You wanted to get strong?! Please do yourself a favour and kill yourself! Nobody likes you and no one will ever do! Even Chloe and the other girls were right to side with someone better than a loser like you! And the best part is that you already know that.” He… is right… maybe I should just die… What's the point of me going back if everyone is just going to manipulate me all over again.

“Just, who are you?” I have had many hallucinations and weird dreams before, but I've never experienced something like this before. I don't even know who this guy is...

“Who am I? You should know who I am…” But no matter how hard I thought about it, I didn't know he was.

“I am your subconsciousness!” My… subconsciousness? No, that can't be! Why would my own subconsciousness say stuff like this about me?! 

“Why would I say stuff like that, you say? Once again, you already know the answer, you just refuse to accept it.” 

“...”

“In your whole life, you've always isolated yourself from everyone else. You never had any goals or any achievements in your life. That's why, when you suddenly noticed the first signs of your power, you wanted revenge against everyone who bullied you. Hahahahahahaha, you're wondering why I'm laughing? It's because you never cared about revenge! You created this fake goal in your head so you could have something to do with your life. But even if you went back to Sakuru, you're just going to brag about your power.” He… is right... Everything that has happened to me was just a lie. I thought that my life was going to change after gaining my power, but it seems like that it was never meant to be.

“You wanted to be loved and wanted by everyone. You wanted to be part of something that was never yours. But you can never be like them and you never will! You're not some kind of main character who is at the center of attention the whole time.” I couldn't bring myself to say anything back to him, because everything he said was true…

“If you hadn't existed, this world would have been a better place!” He is right… maybe I should just disappear… No one will even notice my absence anyway, so what's the point?

“That's right, just disappear and never show yourself to anyone.” 

But as I was accepting my own fate, I heard someone running towards us really fast until he kicked my subconsciousness on his head by using his feet.

“What do you think you're doing?!” He yelled at me as he grabbed my shoulders. His voice sounded childish and high pitched as he snapped at me. But when I looked up, I immediately recognized him. It was a version of me… but when I was younger…

.

.

.

.

.

26