The death lake! – Chapter 165
705 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ahhhh! I can finally get rid of this smell!” 

After we managed to reach the next floor, there was a massive lake surrounded by different crystal-like rocks that were constantly glowing the whole cave. Everything was reflected by the clean lake that looked like it was made out of diamonds.

“I can’t believe that there was actually a lake beneath us.” 

This fantasy-like scenery was enough to impress all of the girls with its attractive beauty. The smell that this place gave was a pleasant one which opened my lungs every time I breathed in. 

The moment Shiro saw the clear water of the lake, she immediately rushed towards it and jumped inside without a care. It seems like she couldn’t handle being covered in mantis liquid any longer. 

I’m sure it must have felt disgusting to have all that stuff on her body the whole time.

“Huh?! Shiro, wait! What if there are any monsters inside the lake!?!!!” Hina immediately called out to her when she saw Shiro jump inside the water. But Shiro wasn't listening to anyone, doing whatever she wanted at that moment.

“A-Akemi, Chloe! Say something to…” But as Hina was trying to help Shiro, she looked at Akemi and Chloe who were also taking their clothes off without a care.

“Calm down Hina, there are no monsters inside the lake. See? Even Akemi is also joining us.” Chloe calmly explained to Hina as she took off her clothes completely, then she immediately jumped inside the water with a smile on her face.

“Ahhhh! This is the best! No more terrible smell and no more mantis!” Chloe let herself loose in the water as she spread her arms and legs. Just like Shiro who was swimming around like a cat, Chloe didn’t care about being fully exposed at all.

While me, on the other hand, was sitting down near an unusually big rock close to the lake. The ground was a bit uncomfortable, but I didn’t mind it since the smell of this lake was really nice. And as I was trying to relax my body, Hina came near me with a cloth on her hand.

“Is something wrong?” I asked since she was being really quiet when I saw her coming towards me.

“N-no… I thought you might want something to sit on. I’m sure the ground isn’t comfortable, so please use this.” She handed me that piece of cloth to me as she was waiting for me to use it. 

“Rather than me using it, give it to Angle and Demonica. I’m sure they could use it a lot more than me. Also you should take a break as well. Your hands are shaking....” She took the cloth back as she hid her own hands after I said that to her. 

Then she turned around and clenched her own hands.

“...thank you…” She said after a moment of silence, then she went towards the twin sisters that seemed really sleepy. 

Hina sat down on that piece of cloth which seemed a lot more comfortable, then Angela and Demonica laid down and used Hina’s lap as a pillow. They began sleeping really comfortably while Hina was rubbing their heads. But after a few minutes, even Hina fell asleep while having the twin sisters in the same position. That kind of sight also made me really sleepy as well. 

This place seems peaceful and I can’t sense any kind of monster on this floor at all. Taking a quick nap won’t hurt, I guess. 

Chloe, Shiro are chilling in the lake and Akemi seems to be taking a nap as well while floating at the side of the lake.

.

..

….

…..

……

…….

My mind felt relaxed just like my body, and somehow I didn't feel tired anymore. Is this what a free mind without having to worry about anything feels like? It has been a really long time since I have felt like this. 

But somehow I felt something weird… I know that I wanted to take a nap, but should I really feel like this?

Suddenly, while I was trying to understand what was happening to me, I noticed someone coming towards me. I wasn’t sure who or why, but she looked like a little girl wearing old, plain clothes. 

“....”

“Seikatsu!!” Her voice echoed in my head as she continued coming towards me in a rush. She looked really worried and nervous at the same time. 

I was completely confused and I couldn’t comprehend what was going on at all. Even the girl that was trying to reach me, slowly disappeared in the darkness.

But after I let myself go with the flow... and let my thoughts wander around, I felt a painful feeling sliding through my left arm. 

“Huh?!” At that moment, I immediately woke up, finding my left arm stabbed by my own sword.

Did my body move on its own? 

I found this really weird, that’s why I looked at everyone else if they were doing okay. 

But when I looked at Chloe and Shiro I immediately rushed towards them. They were floating in the water without moving and I could barely feel their presence. 

Since this was an emergency, I had to hold them while they were completely naked. But I didn’t care at that moment, their survival was what mattered to me. I also got Akemi out of the water after laying Shiro and Chloe next to Hina and the twin sisters.

What is happening?! There are no monsters in this area so there was no possibility of them getting hurt like this!

.

.

.

.

I just wanted to thank everyone who decided to give this novel a try.  I read all of the comments and reviews, and I won't lie to you when I say that I memorised every single one of them. 

Some of  you enjoyed this novel and some didn't seem that satisfied. But I'm not sad because I know that they cared when they criticised my work. Each time I posted a new chapter, I was at the edge of my seat while waiting for everyone's reaction. Some of them inspired me, and some of them almost made me quit writing. But I didn't give up!

It's been more than a year since I started writing and still I consider myself as a complete amature since English is not my native language. But don't worry, I won't drop this novel for those wondering.

Thank you all for being part of this journey this far, and I hope everyone has A Happy New Year!

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 20 chapters ahead are available on Patreon! (Currently stacking up)

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

    Instagram   /   Twitter   /   Discord    /   Reddit     

18