Hope for humanity is still strong! – Chapter 171
597 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

Back at Sakuru!

————————

At a certain laboratory where Sakuru’s scientists have been working for countless days, there was a ruckus about their new discovery.

“This is amazing!! I can’t believe that we managed to find this new element!!” The first one to say that was an enthusiastic middle aged man with a special badge on his arm.

“What were the results, doc?” And beside him was another white coated woman who has been keeping track of every detail in that laboratory.

“What were the results? Are you stupid you dumb woman?! We managed to find a new source of energy that could potentially help this whole world!” He responded back to her as he showed her a sample of the artifact they had received, or also known as ‘crystal of life’.

"H-how does it work though? If that artifact contains immense energy,  then that means there must be something fueling it?" She continued questioning the sample in front of them.

"This is my theory but this artifact can absorb kinetic energy from the particles moving the air." He continued explaining his own theory about it.

"If that were to be true, wouldn't that be the discovery of the millennium?" 

"That's right! But there is also another theory where this thing is receiving energy from something that we still don't know… or understand yet.

That's why I need to concentrate and try a few more experiments on it. And if I'm right, long space travel won't be sci-fi anymore."

From the other side of the one way mirror glass were a lot of other scientists, leaders and organizers watching the procedure of the experiments. 

It didn't take long before they wanted the best results possible about this new element discovered by humans.

"Where were the artifacts found?" The one who was smoking, suddenly asked as he was looking at the experiments.

"We found them in many dungeons, ruins and also in UGC... or at least what there used to be." And the immediate response was from Hanna who represented the whole team of top rankers instead of Tatsuya.

"Hmh… were there any survivors?" 

"No mister president, unfortunately there were none…"

After confirming the answers, everyone began following this man and tried being as gentle as possible with everything he asked.

"Monsters?" The president wondered as they continued walking.

"We are not sure, but Tatsuya believes that it wasn't the work of normal monster."

He didn't hesitate nor did he get troubled by the information given to him. His expression on his face remained the same, the face of a leader that led what was left of humanity.

Not only was he the face above the only nation in the entire world, but also the hope which humans hoped that their normal days would return someday.

"I want every camera, photo, and video ever taken in that city examined as soon as possible. If a threat that destroys an entire city is still out there, then we need to prepare for it before it even arrives in our nation." The president ordered as he was escorted to the next place he was planning to be.

"Yes, we'll call the experts to work on that!" 

And after a few more seconds of walking in a straight line, they finally arrived at a digital map of the current layout and territory around Sakuru and thousands of kilometers away from it.

"As you can see in the graph, the number of monsters have been decreasing lately which has led to less victims and casualties around these territories." 

The president carefully watched the map before looking back at the guide who was explaining all that. 

"What is the percentage of a monster laying around there?" The president asked.

"Definitely less than five percent." 

And after thinking this for a bit longer, the president came up with another plan for his nation.

"I want you to make a specific layout of the entire terrain and send that to that team."

That guy looked shocked for a moment after realizing what was going to happen next.

"Yes mister president." 

"Don't look so surprised. It was only a matter of time before humanity took back what it belonged. And if we all work together then it won't be long before we could rebuild everything around the entire planet once again." The president confidently declared.

"""""Yes!"""""

.

..

What was left behind was only Hanna who seemed to be nervous about her situation.

"Haaa… that was so stressful."  She let out another sigh as she was looking at the higher ups leaving the area.

But as she was trying to let all of the stressful thoughts leave her body, she saw a little girl wearing a white coat passing by.

"Huh? Lily? What are you doing here?" 

But without caring at all, Lily continued walking past her as if Hanna wasn't there. This confused Hanna a little, that's why she decided not to pry into her personal life.

"..."

And after a few seconds of blankly staring at Lily walking away in the distance, she heard some footsteps coming towards her.

"Did you finish with your task, Hanna?"

When she turned around, she immediately recognized who this voice belonged to. It was one of the members of the SHS special team.

"Oh, Raiden? Yes, I just finished with my part." 

Since Hanna had taken a temporary leadership of the team, she tried keeping a professional position around the higher ups, but especially towards her own teammates.

"Buuuut, that's cruel. Leaving his task as a leader to his innocent girlfriend." Raiden showed a worried look on his face as he said that.

"That's fine. Besides I'm sure that Tatsuya had his own reasons for this." And Hanna on the other hand who wasn't thinking about this too much.

"Well, if you get tired of him, I'm sure I can give you a room at my place." He leaned his body near her as he gently whispered those words.

"P-please excuse me!" Without hesitating, Hanna walked away from his wicked words and actions, leaving him behind. 

But Raiden didn't seem pleased nor pissed from the way he was treated.

"That bastard has his claws deeper in that bitch's skin than I thought." He said to himself as he began leaving towards the exit.

.

..

But somewhere deeper at this facility was another floor where different experiments occurred. 

"Is it ready?" 

That's also where Tatsuya was waiting as another scientist was preparing something.

"Y-yes!"

.

.

.

.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! 

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 20 chapters ahead are available on Patreon

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

    Instagram   /   Twitter   /   Discord    /   Reddit     

16