Behind that proud look is a… – Chapter 172
579 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is it ready?" Tatsuya was looking at that lab worker without any patience whether it was ready or not. 

Since he held a certain authority above them, he didn't dare to talk back at him. But even if that wasn't the case, Tatsuya could overthrow them without a problem using his own strength and intimidation.

"Y-yes!  It's ready!" And as the lab worker said that, he gave him a syringe which contained a green glowing liquid inside it.

Tatsuya looked at it for a second before removing the syringe cap and began pulling up his sleeve so he could inject that thing inside his body.

“W-wait!” The lab worker worryingly stopped him before it was too late. 

“What is it?”
Sweat was dripping down his whole body after seeing the way Tatsuya responded to him. His face had the look of someone who would kill anyone if interrupted.

“If you continue doing this, your body won't be able to handle all of that energy inside it.” But as a doctor, he couldn't just keep an eye shut about the condition on Tatsuya’s body.

“So you’re saying that I’m way too weak to inject this little thing?” Tatsuya intimidated him without a care that he only wanted to help him.

“Certainty n-not sir! I would never say that!” 

And after ignoring all of his warnings, he forcefully injected the syringe inside his body before his skin could heal.

"I want five more of them by the end of this week."

His eyes widened in shock after realizing the amount of doses he was going to take. 

And to him, this wasn't a laughing matter, nor a thing that Tatsuya wanted to talk about any longer. That was an order!

"B-but, sir, that amount is-" And as he was trying to explain to Tatsuya the results of that amount, he calmly looked back, and in an instant appeared right in front of his face.

"Listen to me carefully. You do not tell me what I do nor do I care about your opinion. Your only job is to prepare me as much of this as I request you to. Do you understand?" Tatsuya's voice was as calm as a breeze during a peaceful night. And just from the speed he moved right in front of him, that lab worker couldn't even breathe from the pressure.

"I, I u-understand." 

That's when Tatsuya moved away from him so he could continue his work. But before he left the room, he looked back once again.

"If you fail to do so, I wouldn't mind paying a visit to your family. Just so you know, I was the one who saved them so it wouldn't be strange if I was the one who took them back to where I found them." Tatsuya closed the door after threatening that guy.

He clenched his fists in anger after seeing that Tatsuya was gone.

"Gh! That young brat, telling me what to do!!" 

.

..

While Tatsuya was on his way out of the facility, he saw Hanna who immediately ran towards him.

“Ah, Tatsuya! Did you finish what you had to do?” She asked as she hugged him the moment she came closer.

“Yeah, I’m done here. Sorry for having you take my position while I was away.” He also hugged her back before they were walking out of that underground place.

“No, I’m glad you asked me.” She gently smiled as she was walking by his side. 

“Ayway, I have some more stuff to deal with outside Sakuru, so you should head back home.” Tatsuya said before leaving Hanna on her own once again.

“...O-okay.”

Not knowing what her boyfriend might have been up to, she tried not asking too many questions. In her head, she thought that their relationship was growing more and more apart each time she listened to all of his requests. But she didn't care, she only wanted Tatsuya to be happy and safe. That's why she tried not to pry too much into his work life.

.

..

Roughly two hours had passed and Tatsuya had finally managed to reach outside the borders of Sakuru. He did not allow any guards or cameras with him, and he also made sure that no one was following him. And as soon as he confirmed his surroundings, he began traveling at an incredible high speed using his fast movements.

He continued doing so for another hour until he reached a red spot in the forest which was marked as banned to travel across.

He was standing right in front of a dead end which then continued at a significant hill. But he didn't stop there. 

Using the shockwave of his own kick, he destroyed the surface at the bottom of the hill, revealing a dark cave.

“Found it.” 

Being confident in his own skill, he entered the dark cave which was filled with monsters. They all glared at him as he was going inside without a care about the numbers of the monsters. Countless red eyes were glowing through the darkness which couldn't seem to end.

“Way too weak.”

And using the speed of his own body, he killed several monsters by running over them. Even the monsters who weren't in his way were grazed by the insane speed of his body. And it didn't take long before he reached the end of this dungeon where a crystal of life was attached to the wall. Awaiting him as a prize for finishing this dungeon.

After he easily managed to pull the artifact out of the wall, he went back into searching for more dungeons where he might be able to find even more of them.
But after reaching the deeper place of the forest, he heard a weird noise coming from there.

“Hm?” Curious to know where that voice was coming from, he decided to check out the place a bit closer. And it didn't take long before finding out where this voice was coming from. 

In the middle of nowhere stood an outstanding being with white wings and golden hair.

“Sha dunches silk ianpoinpn sdohn ajsnkj jopaiw popejfn ouuia” 

He couldn't understand what was going on, but he hid as soon as he saw that there was an actual angel standing there. 

It almost felt like his body was telling him that that being was not an opponent he could take on a fight.

“Schin bamnao nlj joinw oi k ajsoihnl a”

And just like a natural disaster, that angel flapped its wings, causing most of the trees to collapse in the ground.

“F-fuck! Why couldn’t I move?” He clenched his teeth in anger about his abnormal condition.
“Heh…” And in the next moment, a smirk appeared on his face as he was looking at the power that had destroyed the trees around it. Just from flapping its wings, it created a powerful wind to graze and destroy many things around it.

“It won’t be long before I reach that level. Just so you wait.” He declared after deciding to continue on finding more artifacts.

.

.

.

.

.

19 more chapters before the end of this arc!

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 20 chapters ahead are available on Patreon

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

    Instagram   /   Twitter   /   Discord    /   Reddit     

16