The realm’s condition! – Chapter 176
506 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“He can not access the tree of life…”

Everyone’s eyes widened in confusion, worry, and a bit of anger from Aisa’s response about the tree of life. 

I also was hoping to find another way about my situation in case this plan was going to fail. But until now there weren't many options for me or any leads of why my body was rejecting my energy.

“Huh? Did something happen to the tree?” Alette looked confused as she asked her.

But there was another gap of silence before Aisa responded back to Alette. “Around forty thousands years ago or something like that… one of the childers got infected by a weird disease…” 

“Weird disease? Didn't they try to heal the child using the tree’s energy?” Alette asked back in a little worry and confusion as she was trying to understand what had happened.

“That's what we did just like usual, but her condition did not change.” She bit her own lip as she was trying to hold herself back from remembering the past. “She began attacking other spirits until they started acting just like that child…”

But what caused Alette to become more worried, was that this disease might have caused a lot more damage than Aisa was telling. She was trying to hold herself back from saying everything, even though everyone knew she wasn't doing a good job at that.

“Was their skin deformed, damaged or rotting by any chance?” I suddenly asked as Alette was trying to think of what kind of disease it could have been.

“Um…” Aisa looked back at me a little scared for asking like that, and since she didn't want to be rude to me, she tried not saying anything rash. “Y-yes, that is correct.”

“Do you know something about this?” Akemi looked at me, curiously wanting to know what I was thinking.

I wasn't sure about this as well but I might have a theory of what kind of disease it could have caused the weird behaviors to these spirits.

“I’m not sure but there is a high chance that those spirits were infected and became zombies.” I began explaining to them. “Zombies are dead creatures who were living beings at first. I can’t seem to remember where zombies first came from but I do know that they no longer feel, sleep or remember anything about their past lives. They also seem to attack anyone of the same species they used to be.”
Both Akemi and Aisa thought for a bit after hearing my explanation about zombies.

“Zombies huh… I guess that makes sense if a spirit was infected by one. Isn't that right?” 

Aisa looked a little troubled after hearing my explanation and Akemi’s approval of my thoughts.

“Now that I think about it, the description matches with the one mister g-giant said…”

Being called a giant felt kind of weird, but comparing our body sizes, then I guess it's normal to be called like that.

“By the way… where are the other guards? Or are they slacking?” Alette tried spotting where her other friends were as she asked her that. “I’m sure they are. They are such slackers after all, especially Fayette. Hahahahaha.”

But Aisa became a little pale after hearing Alette ask about her other friends. She bit her own lip even harder as she was looking at her own friend, unbroken, happy and ignorant about what had happened.

I guess this kind of result was clear… 

“Alette…”
“Hahaha, Ah, yes, Aisa?”

“Fayette… and many other spirits didn't make it.” Her eyes became emptier as she was trying to say the harsh and unthinkable truth to Alette. I’m sure that it must have been hard to tell her friend that not all the spirits made it back from the infection.

“D-didn't make it? What do you mean?...” Not wanting to understand the truth, Alette continued asking about Aisa’s words.

“Since we can’t replenish our energy using the tree, we no longer can recover and live any longer… Most of the spirits have died through the past years, and no one knew what to do about it.” 

Alette’s smile slowly faded away after hearing such words coming out of Aisa’s mouth. Such words that could even break many good hearted people.

“Y-you’re lying… right?” Her face became a little pale as well in disbelief.

“There aren't many of us anymore and we’re barely surviving with what's left energy inside our bodies.”

“W-what about mother, and my sisters?” Alette grabbed her friend's hand in worry and anxiety as she asked this question.

“I'm sorry…” Those were the only words that filled her eyes with tears once again. 

After returning home, not only was she crushed with such information but also hating herself for not being able to speak to her loved ones once again.

“A-anyway, I’m sure the queen would be happy to see you and your friends over t-there.” Aisa tried breaking the ice, trying to distract Alette from the grief of many other spirits who couldn't make it.

“Yeah…” Alette emotionlessly responded back.

Me and everyone else tried not interacting or saying anything unnecessary to her. We all decided to let her be on her own as she grieved the death of many spirits who she once called a family.

.

..

While being careful on our steps, we began walking inside the territory of Spirits. 

It didn't take long before I could see many glowing parts of the tree glowing in many places. I could also see some lights coming from within the trees and leaves.

When I tried seeing in much closer distance, I realized that those were houses where Spirits lived and spent most of their time.

From around the place, we could see many spirits flying above us or around, trying to see what we actually are.

Compared to Aisa, they seem more curious rather than frightened to us about our massive size.

“They are all what's left in this place.” Aisa commented as she was showing us a way to where we could stay.

“So no elders or adults made it?” Alette asked for the last time, confirming the situation in this village or whatever this place was called.

“Children were the only ones who had enough energy to survive for this long.” She responded back.

.

“Do you mind if your friends can wait here for a little bit?” Aisa asked before she could enter the massive looking tree that was some meters away from here.

“We don't mind at all.”

“Yeah, don't mind us.”

Ichika and Chloe calmly responded back to Aisa.

After she entered the tree, we waited for a few minutes until many glowing spirits were getting closer to us.

“Hey, hey look! They are big!”
“Are they spirits?”

“They are big spirits!”

“Sister, sister, look!”

“Are they friendly?”

“They don't seem to hurt anyone.”

They all were analyzing us and how we would react to their presence. And the girls seemed to be melting down in cuteness about these spirits.

“They are so cuuuuteee!!” Chloe looked at them in amazement.

“They are just some small creatures though.” Akemi wondered at everyone’s weird taste.

“Pretty…” Hina also unconsciously said.

But for some reason, those spirits were getting a little too close around me. They were even checking out my hair, ears and what I was wearing right now.

“Seems like these children have caused you a little trouble.” Suddenly a calm, yet a gentle voice said to me as it was smoothly flying towards us.

From what I could see, it was a slightly bigger spirit wearing white pure dress, a wooden crown filled with flowers, and long blonde hair just like a never ending glowing gold.

Her beauty was also unmatched as her eyes gently looked at me.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Action scenes coming back again in 2 chapters!

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 20 chapters ahead are available on Patreon

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

    Instagram   /   Twitter   /   Discord    /   Reddit     

14