Where everything began! – Chapter 196
564 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

Many years ago…

Years before science was even considered a thing to humans. 

Years before the first human became an ability holder. Or to be more precise, before humans obtained special powers which were developed in order to protect themselves.

More than 100,000 years ago, a time where humans still loved and prayed to god for his protection. A time where guardian angels loved to interact with humans and give them their blessing and protection against demons.

The times where kingdoms would fight other kingdoms in order to obtain more territory and power!

But within those humans, love, sympathy, admiration, or even happiness would come around their days.

And that was the same thing for a certain young girl who lived every day in a certain village.

Even though she lived alone, she still tried her best to take care of her own house which her parents had left behind for her.

“Fu.. Today is a good day!” The young girl with brown hair and eager eyes looked out of her window first thing in the morning after getting up from her wooden bed filled with hay and straws.

“I better get ready or they won’t give me anything to eat for today.” Said the girl with the same kind of energetic tone in her voice.

It was really early in the morning, and the sun was just about to rise. That's what made the weather really cold and chilly since no light had warmed up the land yet.

And at such a cold time of the day, the same young girl who lived alone was already outside, gathering all of the tools near the fields. 

Even though they were heavy to carry on her shoulder, she tried her best in order to bring everything out there for all of the villagers who were going to start working.

After making sure that all of the tools were ready each on different fields, the young girls began going into other farms in order to give food to livestocks. 

She did that to most of the farms and animals which were owned by different villagers.

After the young girl was done with all of her tasks, she noticed how the sun was already out.

“Haa… I’m done… now we wait for everyone to wake up…” Her face was filled with sweat as the cold breeze was slowly becoming warmer from the sun’s warm light.

A new day was beginning and many of the villagers were waking up, eating breakfast and getting themselves ready for their work of the day.

From a distance, two villagers could be seen conversing with one another while watching the young girl who was doing her hardest every morning.

“Hey, elder. Who is that girl? I’ve noticed that she keeps working way too much for her age. Not to mention that she does tasks for other villagers…” 

“Hu? That girl? She is just some girl who’s life is unfortunate.” The older one replied as his expression did not change at all towards the pitiful young girl.

“D-did she steal something to be receiving this kind of punishment?”

“No, but from what I know, her parents did something unforgivable, and now their daughter is getting all of the punishment.”

The other villager looked at the elder with curious eyes as he wanted to hear more of the young girl.

The elder let out a tired sigh after noticing how he was interested in hearing more of this story. “I’m not sure of the details, but her parents were executed for treason. I’m surprised that this young girl has managed to live this far without the support of her own family. She is still young, that's why she can’t work on her parents' field yet.”

“That's why she is helping other villagers until she grows older?”

The elder shook his head before continuing to speak. “She’s merely doing that because no one in the village was willing to take that girl in. 

No one wanted her. And with no way of supporting herself, she offered to help all of the villagers with their own chores so she could at least get something to eat.”

“But that's still too much work for such a young girl like her! Shouldn't you as a head chief be doing something about her?”

“Then are you willing to take her in your care?” The elder raised a brow at the sudden worry of the guy beside him.

“T-thats…” But in the end, he looked down as he couldn't bring himself to answer to the elder.

The elder looked away from him, replying back to the boy in his own thoughts. [ That's what I thought. ]

“But I warn you to stay away from that girl if you don’t wish to end up just like her parents.”

.

..

….

The day was almost over and the sun was slowly setting down after a long day of working for the young girl.

She had a small candle as she had prepared herself a small plate filled with a piece of bread and a bit of seeds in her empty wooden table.

“...Today's meal for me is only this…” Her eyes lost a bit of her excitement as showed a pained smile on her face. “But it's better than having just plain grains… they are hard to swallow and they hurt my stomach…”

Even after doing her best to satisfy the selfish requests of many villagers, the young girl didn't only receive unsuitable meals, but also continued treating her harshly or simply shut an eye off when she would faint from overwork.

Tonight was going to be a long night for the girl. Not because of the uncomfortable bed, but because her meal for today was nowhere near enough to fill her hunger.

This could even be considered a miracle that she hadn't starved to death…

But even after fighting her growling stomach for a long time, her hunger only increased each day even more.

And tonight wasn't an exception. 

"I must be strong or they'll get mad at me if I'm late for tomorrow's work…" The girl said to herself as she was trying to fall asleep while ignoring the painful noises that her stomach was making.

But no matter how much she tried… Tonight wasn't the night where she would be able to sleep comfortably…

While trying to struggle, she continued shutting her eyes with all of her might until she finally fell asleep.

The next morning, the young girl woke up earlier than usual from her growling stomach.

But since she had nothing else to eat, she decided to look outside for something.

She knew that if she stole something from the other villagers, she would get herself killed, that's why she wandered outside the village.

..

.

.

.

"What… is that?" The girl asked herself as she noticed something flying in the air.

From what she could see, there was one particular white winged man with golden hair. And facing this man was another one, similar to him but with darker clothes and broken dark wings.

Uncertain of what she was seeing, the girl stood still before both of these beings shot some kind of dark and white beams towards one another.

"W-Waaaaaaa!!!" The girl covered herself, unable to see the collision of these two beams with each other that brightened up the sky.

But what the young girl didn't notice was a small glowing green particle which quickly appeared out of the collision between the two attackers. That small glowing particle quickly flew away from the collision and ladened near a tree, somewhere far from the girl.

"Is it over?" She looked up in the sky once again after the loud noise and intense air finally stopped.

At that time the young girl wasn't sure what had happened, that's why she decided to continue her walk in order to search for some food.

She continued walking until the sun was beginning to rise once again. This was going to make her search much easier since the surroundings were becoming much brighter.

But she had to hurry at the same time since she didn't want to be late for the tasks she had to complete.

She hurried with her slender and small legs until she found herself inside some kind of wild garden filled with many different fruits and beautiful trees all over the place.

"So pretty…" The girl said in amazement as she soon noticed a significant tree that was slightly bigger than the rest of the trees.

But what attracted the girl the most was something green glowing from the roots of the tree which seemed to be calling out to her.

"What is that?"

.

.

.

.

.

Sorry for the long wait. I couldn't manage to write at all on this novel since I've been having an author's block. 
But anyway, I hope you enjoyed this and the following chapter that are to come.

And I hope that all of the mysteries which are about to be unfold, are within everyone's expectations!

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 20 chapters ahead are available on Patreon

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

    Instagram   /   Twitter   /   Discord    /   Reddit     

14