Sakuru’s emergency! – Chapter 217
409 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

Back at Sakuru

<━━━━━━━━━━━>

Another day had passed since all of the girls had gotten used to their equipment.

Most of the days were a lot quieter than they had anticipated, and they could feel their abilities growing stronger.

However, one day, when everyone was enjoying their quiet days in Sakuru, the sky darkened unexpectedly as a dimensional hole was formed in a matter of minutes.

Many civilians could be seen filming this phenomenon while some were gasping in fear.

But one thing that everyone knew was that whatever was happening… was not something good.

Lily, leaders of Sakuru, Tatsuya, and many more individuals could be seen staring in the dark sky as they were waiting for what was going to happen next.

* * *

A few hours later.

<━━━━━━━━━━━>

At a certain laboratory, many important individuals could be seen walking in a hurry as alarms in the halls were going off all over the place.

Once the president of Sakuru entered a room which was full of many other important people, he took a glance at everyone before asking.

“How bad is the situation?” He inquired with a stern look on his face.

“Really bad.” A certain man wearing a lab coat responded as he opened the projector for the rest of the individuals to see.

What was shown on the screen was a closer look of the dimension hole which was cracking through Sakuru’s sky.

"My team has identified an enormous amount of energy coming from that thing, which we expect to destroy not only our country, but the rest of the planet!" The scientist explained while trying to hide the fact that his body was shaking the whole time.

“What exactly is that thing?” The president asked.

“That's a black hole which we believe is going to consume us whole. But this one is a bit different from the rest of what we know about them. We can’t explain it exactly, but if that thing continues to remain at the surface of our planet, the stratospheric ozone layer will disintegrate  and kill us all.”

The room fell silent as everyone's eyes widened in terror at the prospect of such a disaster which might wipe out the entire globe in seconds..

"How could it get so near to our home planet?! What are the planetary defense forces up to!? How come there was no advance warning?" An irritated guy in the room inquired of the scientist, whose face was drenched in cold sweat.

“This black hole wasn’t detected until recently.” The guy in a white lab explained. “We don’t have the technology to detect this kind of unknown disaster.”
"Are we sure this thing even qualifies as a black hole?" As he adjusted the position of his glasses, a man from the rear of the room inquired. "If a real black hole of that size was this close to our planet, I'm confident that we'd all be dust before the black hole could even become visible to the human eyes."

"That's why I claimed this black hole is beyond anything humanity has ever seen." The white-coated man pointed to the screen, where he displayed a detailed model of the black hole in the sky. “We are fortunate that this thing is not exactly a black hole that we know of. It's something that was only considered nothing but sci-fi until this point. Something that will send humanity to its next level.”

As they listened to this guy, there was a frigid, concentrated feeling in the room.

“A wormhole.”

Everyone’s eyes widened in fear and astonishment at the announcement which was just stated by the scientist.

Despite the fact that this was a groundbreaking discovery, they were both excited and terrified about what was to come now that humanity had proved the existence of wormholes..

“Everyone, please be quiet for a moment.” The president suddenly spoke. 

The president was the center of attention in the room as they were waiting for him to talk.

"Evacuate the entire district and prepare the entire army for what is about to come..." With a serious expression on his face, the president issued the order.

While the general's face lit up with excitement as he prepared to unleash his well-trained army, a certain scientist glanced at him with worry.

“What's the reason behind this? If something occurs, my students are willing to engage if it is necessary." The principal of the Sakuru’s school said.

"Any form of strength will help if available, because we may be in worse danger than a black hole right now."

Everyone looked apprehensive at what the president was talking about. They had troubled looks on their faces as they tried to maintain their calm.

“Mr. President, what k-kind of danger could be more of a threat than a black hole?” A certain individual asked.

The whole room fell silent once again as they were waiting for an explanation from the president. While on the other hand, the white coated scientist had his eyes closed as he already knew the answer to the president’s order.

“The threat itself is not from the wormhole… but from whatever civilization has managed to acquire that kind of technology.” The president said with a stern look on his face which showed rage filled in his eyes.

* * *

Back at the personal laboratory, some girls could be seen wearing armor and their personalized suits especially prepared by the most brilliant scientist.

“Is everyone ready?” A certain girl who was checking her own two daggers asked everyone else.

But there was no answer, only nods and confident looks which gave the assassin girl everything she needed to know.

All of the girls yearned for the blood of whoever had murdered their loved one.

The while haired cat was wearing sharp looking finger knives which could enhance her physical force and the sharpness of her cut.

Hina and Ichika had their bow and crossbow ready as they gave one last check to their weapons one last time.

The twin sisters wore various outfits that not only improved their protection but also gave them more control over their abilities.

A certain dragon girl who was gripping her own fist in order to analyze the level of her own strength.

"Make sure you don't break my stuff this time." Akemi was cautioned by a little girl who was wearing a white lab coat.

“I won’t make any promise.” The dragon girl smirked after looking at her own bracelet on her neck that contained a confined life crystal.

“It's for your own good. Do not break it this time, especially the hair pins. This is the only way to completely conceal your aura as a dragon to those Angels.” 

Akemi let out a small sigh at Hatsuko's sister's warning.
“Fine, fine.”

Once it was confirmed that everyone was fully ready and equipped, Lily opened a certain pathway for everyone to enter through.

“Let's do this!” She said with a confident look on her face while looking at the fully armed looking girls.

[ Brother… I swear that I will get my revenge this time! ] A certain sister vowed to herself as her glare was filled with hate and vengeance.

This was their final mission, and there was a good risk they wouldn't make it back alive. But, in comparison to what they had already gone through… their revenge was only the beginning!

.

.

.

.

.

What could be beyond the wormhole? XD

<━━━━━━━━<>━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 20 chapters ahead are available on Patreon !

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

   | Instagram   /   Twitter   /   Discord    /   Reddit |

8