Angels’ goal is…. – Chapter 221
363 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With their backs to one another, a number of angels stood in a group throughout the deadly battlefield, evading or shielding any demonic attacks that were directed at them.

“They are surrounded! Don’t let them get away!!” A certain demon gave the order and then fired something round and dark from his hands.

“Die!!”

“ATTAAAAACKKKK!!!”

Because this was a rare opportunity, none of the demon soldiers wanted to blow it by taking it easy. All of the demons used all of their available attacks to full effect.
But because of the angels' formidable defense, none of the demons had yet been successful in killing anyone.

“We are getting pushed back! What should we do?” Given how urgent their position was, one of the angels inquired.

“Try and hold on for a bit longer! If we can’t fight this many demons, then how are we going to achieve our goals once we go to the next district?” The one next to him snapped back, unwilling to give up.

“He’s right! But we should make a tactical retreat for now! We can’t fight this many demons at once.” A certain female angel spoke while cutting in half many of the arrows or spherical attacks that were charged towards her.

“Retreat where? We’re surrounded!” Another angel argued as he struggled to keep up with countless attacks that were aimed at him.

However, the demons' assault didn't last long before two particular individuals flew down in the middle of the conflict and instantly eliminated the entire group that was encircling the angels.

“What’s go– AGHHH!!”

“Don’t let them get close!!!!”

Even though there were many demons and they were trying to attack from their position, this humanoid being and the angel next to him were able to easily kill the demons despite the fact that many of their teammates were split in half by thousands of green, sharp particles and blades flying at mach speed.

Once the whole area was cleared out, both Seikatsu and Sofiel landed near the other angels who seemed to have finally caught a break from this battle.

“My lord! We’re sorry for being so incopetent.” One of the angels apologized before the rest of the group bowed down to the long haired boy as well.

“We are fighting inside our enemies' nest.” Sofilel quickly responded instead of her master's stead. “But we should hurry and reach the next district before many of them come here.”

“Did we find where they are keeping the captives?” 

Sofiel nodded. “Yes, I have already discovered their presence. They ought to be concealed somewhere in that structure over there.”

Everyone looked in the direction of a certain large structure that appeared to be in the center of the area.

Even though the entire dimension was enormous, angels and demons could move around as easily as they could cross a street.
The angels all extended their wings and rose into the air. They were able to fly quickly and without any difficulties because they didn't need to flap their wings.

Seikatsu however, stood behind the group, his eyes narrowed while looking at the massive building that was thousands of kilometers away from here.

* * *

Back at where the leaders of the district were, there stood four different demons. Their eyes were glued to the screen in front of them as it showed how many of the demons were easily wiped out. No matter what those demons did, they stood no chance at all.

“What should we do? If this continues any longer, then we won’t be able to last for any longer.” One of the four demons inquired in a worry.

“Hm.” One particular demon within the group smirked after hearing the statement that the other one just made.

“What's so funny about this? We are going to lose the district if this continues for any longer!”

However, despite the anxiety that was going through the three demons, the last one still continued to smirk. 

“We don't need to be concerned about losing our land. After all, we still have our hidden weapon.” The fourth demon pulled out a green glowing rock out at the size of a head on the palm of his hand.

“You can’t be serious! That's for our lords!! If you absorb them, then we can basically call ourselves dead already!”

“That's right! Let's think twice before we make any rash decisions!”

But no matter what the three other demons said, the fourth one didn't seem to care. His grin widened as the aura emanating from the glowing rock started to move inside of him. The demon's smile never left his face as his eyes burned with hatred.

The other demons were scared of this sudden change, that's why they took their own defensive pose.

After the whole life crystal was fully absorbed, the demon let out a relieved sigh before clenching his fist.

“So this is how it feels…” He said under his breath before looking at the concerned demons.

“Do you have any idea what you’ve done?”

“We already have plenty of these.” The demon tried to defend himself. “And using one or two won’t be noticed by anyone.”

Seeing the logic behind the last demon, the other ones thought this for a bit after seeing the significant difference in his power. They all considered following his lead… but at the same time, they feared the consequences of being caught.

But no matter the result, another demon made up its decision and grabbed another life crystal that was brought in there.

“AGH!!” The demon moaned in pain before its dark nails became bigger, his eyes narrowing to slit, and his horns increasing in size. “This is amazing! There’s so much power, that I might even fight anyone that stands in my way!”

This was the last call for the other demons to absorb their own life crystal as well, that's why they did what they had to do. 

“So? How do you all feel?” The last demon inquired.

There was no certain answer, they all were focused on the increase of power that surprised their own selves.

But everyone's excitement didn't last long before inside the building broke inside a certain humanoid being with green glowing eyes. Even though he didn't have any sort of reaction, his aura was filled with rage while looking at all of the demons.

"So you've finally come to meet your death?" The last demon greeted with a smile on his face, unbothered by the destruction that he had caused.

.

.

.

.

 

<━━━━━━━━<>━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 20 chapters ahead are available on Patreon !

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

   | Instagram   /   Twitter   /   Discord    /   Reddit |

6