Catastrophe within the dimensions! – Chapter 242
276 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fighting in the endless sky of nothingness, was a spectacle of two different kinds of superior beings fighting with one another. Many angels used their beams and holy arrows to strike from a long-range while some were fighting demons in groups.

This sort of tactic wasn’t working yet because of the overwhelming number of demons that were emerging continuously from the wormhole the whole time.

That was the case until reinforcements arrived at the battle.

Many commanders and angel generals pierced through the sky and joined the side of their own kind which was fighting with countless demons.

“We have to hold a bit longer until our lord returns!” Sofiel notified the nearest troops as she joined the continuous battle against demons.

“We can hold for a few more cycles, but I don’t think that we’ll be able to do anything else about that gate!” The other general angel informed as he pointed at the wormhole. 

“If that thing remains for too long in this district, this whole realm will collide with theirs!!!”

Sofiel looked a bit scared before looking at her underling with a soft glare.

“For now, we should fight back the demons! Closing that gate will be our last problem!” Sofiel ordered before directing her sight towards the massive gate where all of the demons were coming from. [ My lord… please come to our aid… ]

* * *

From a distance, two specific demons that appeared to have been engaged in a fight up to this point could be seen in a vast, isolated area that no other living thing could access.

But that sort of unthinkable battle, finally came to an end as the demon king had finally fallen into the ground.

“Haaa…. haaa..  Cough cough… Who would’ve thought….” The demon king coughed while trying to speak in pain.

His whole body was covered in something dark as a certain dark haired demon whose face couldn’t be shown, was holding a sword.

“To think that I was defeated by none other than you—” The demon king laughed as he was trying to last a bit longer. 

Lucifer!”

“.....” 

The dark haired demon showed a soft smile at the injured demon below him.

“So you finally remember me?”

“How can I forget my own king and best friend?” 

Despite being in a terrible shape, the proclaimed demon king showed a pained smile at the dark haired demon.

Even though he was on the verge of dying, the proclaimed demon king still was happy to meet Lucy one last time before he would die.

“Do you remember who did this to you?” Lucifer inquired, trying to earn more information before it would be too late.

“Yes. Cough. I do remember the fucker that messed with my consciousness.” He struggled to speak as he was trying to reveal what he knew. “He plans on destroying the rest of the districts so none of the angels or demons could feed off the crystal!”

The proclaimed demon king explained as he showed a screen that revealed the wormhole.

“That gate will collide with the rest of the districts except the first one. He plans on getting rid of everyone after having us fight angels for so long.”

“So until he could get all of the information he wanted from all districts, he planned on destroying all heaven and hell realms.”

“That's why he made all of the angels and demons fight one another.”

Once the whole mystery was solved, the proclaimed demon king showed a smile at his king that was looking at him.

“But I’m glad.” He smiled. “Now that I know that you’re still alive, I believe that you’ll be able to stop him.”

“I’m afraid that I don’t have the strength to do that.” Lucy said, his soft smile not disappearing from his face.

But this sudden change of heart made the injured demon confused. 

Why would his king suddenly change his decision on stopping this madness? Wasn't this his whole plan?

“But I've found someone who, in my belief, will benefit us all. He is one of the most powerful creatures I have ever laid eyes on. Even heaven himself can't handle him on his own.”

The injured demon gave his final smile at the explanation his king was saying.

“Seems like you truly have found someone you can finally rely on.” The injured demon slowly said, his breath finally slowing down. “I’m glad that you found someone… that will.. Finally…. make your wish come true….”

And as the final words came out of the demon's mouth, his body slowly turned to dust, leaving no mark of where he once was.

The dark-haired demon’s eyes had become completely dark at the sudden shadow that was visible in this space. 

“Goodbye old friend.” Lucy said before leaving this space, crumbled to pieces together with his friend who died in it.

* * *

All demons and angels were finally equally matched once the commanders joined the battle. 

Many of the angels were already dead from their carelessness and sacrifice to their district. But that didn't discourage any of the angels as they wanted nothing else but peace among the district.

They all fought with all their might, slowly noticing that a lot more demons were retreating back to their wormhole rather than coming out of it.

“They are retreating!! Don’t fret anymore!!” A certain angel notified all of the warriors who soon were filled with joy at the demons going back to where they came from.

But once the whole army of demons was going back, all the angels soon realized that the gate wasn't going to close up. Another problem that they weren't sure of was how they were supposed to fix.

Unless the caster cut off the connection of the gate, there was no other way that they would be able to stop something that wasn't there to begin with.

“What should we do? We need to get out of here or we’ll end up in the collision!” The general angel asked Sofeil who was looking at the gate anxiously.

“The collision will collapse the other districts as well, so basically there’s nowhere to hide.” A sudden dark-haired demon spoke, bringing chills down to everyone's spines.

“Then what are we supposed to do?” The angel asked once again, hoping that Lucy, as a demon, would be able to figure something about this gate. After all, the gate was created by a demon.

“There’s no need for us to do anything any longer.” The dark-haired demon smiled, bringing confusion to everyone near him. “After all, he has arrived.”

And as everyone listened to the dark-haired demon, they all directed their sight toward a human-looking being with long brown hair and green glowing eyes.

His aura was magnificent, bringing peace to all angels that were tired from fighting until now.

However, his eyes had become very sharp and intimidating while looking at the gate that was about to collapse dimensions altogether.

.

.

.

10 more chapters and this novel will be finally completed!

<━━━━━━━━<>━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

The rest of the chapters can be found on Patreon !

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

   | Instagram   /   Twitter   /   Discord    /   Reddit |

6