Chapter 1: A slow Start
341 6 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hi there, this is going to be mi very FIRST attempt of writing something readable. I know, probably not going to be great, probably will ended being a disaster, you will probably hate it and I probably should put this at the end of the chapter instead of the beginning, at least that way more people would end up reading it instead of dropped it in the explanation. But well, I´m not know for making good decisions so... Anyway, I will try REALLY hard to make this work, I have a lot of ideas but I lack experience in this kind of stuff, but I really, REALLY want to get better at this, and being able to share the good ideas that keep growing in my mind and crafting them into stories. At least I think they are good ideas... I really hope they are... Well this is getting already too long lets get to the point. I will REALLY appreciate any kind of positive feedback that you could provide my with, seriously, anything to improve at least a little, so, I think that will be all. Oh before I forget, my english is not very good but I will try very hard to overpass that problem. Ooookeeey, here we gooooo.

 

I stand in the cold breath of the mountain, my eyes stay focused and my instincts keep me sharp, my prey start making slowly moves, there she stand, a snow deer, pure withe fur with small patches of a blueish frozen tone.

I keep focusing in her movement meanwhile I prepare an arrow with my bow, I steady myself and prepare for it “C´mon you can do this, just make the shoot, don´t pay attention at how beautiful it looks, is just a prey, is YOUR prey, so, focus yourself and let it go”

I hold my breath and get ready to shoot the arrow when the creature turn to look in my direction, our eyes meet, we both stay frozen in the place looking each other in the eyes, these sad eyes reminds me of my owns, the same dead and empty eyes that glare back at my each times I look back at my reflection in the mirror.

The creature start running away, an arrow fly in the same direction, but is futile, the deer is long gone in the deep forest of the mountain “I fail... again *sigh* I gees it was to be expected, I´m not made for this, I wish father stop keep pushing myself to do this, I hate disappoint him but... *sigh* I´m just not fit to do this, I... I just can´t go around killing animals like, the hunter he expect me to be... *sigh* I just can´t” I turn around and start walking toward the shelter, to meet my dreadful fate.

In the way back I start to think abut my own weirdness, lot of people probably think that I´m crazy for speaking to myself like this, but when the only company that you get is your father, the one with you don´t even know how to maintain a conversation longer then two or maybe three lines, and that´s wen one of the two finally decides that, we have to said something... well, maybe with the exception that come with a lecture from him, yep, nothing like disappoint someone to make him talk... So you get the picture, if at least I don´t talk with myself I think I will lose the ability to talk entirely, not that I enjoy the sound of my own voice too much but... Whatever.

*...*

Well, here I´m, two steps away of the door postponing the inevitable... *sigh* “OK, here we go” I push the door open and start scanning the interior. I´m greeted be the small living room with a fire place at the right and a few wooden pieces of furniture, including a chair and a table in the center, beyond that, on the end of the room the small space that occupied the kitchen, and to my left two doors that opens to the bedrooms with a small bathroom in between.

Yep, I know, small, cramped, and not cosy at all. Home sweet Home. I keep scanning the room for my tormentor, but I don´t see him here... weird “Dad !!! are you here ???” ...No response. OK, he probably go out or something.

I put the bow and the quiver at the side and notice that my father bow is missing *sigh* “Gees he already expected my failure. At least he will get his meat and maybe don´t lecture me too much about my failure, not that I hold too much hope on that”

I step inside and close the door, taking off my winter coat to hang on the wall and moving myself into my room and then to the small bathroom. I move in front of the mirror and there he is, brown shoulder length messy hair, brown dead and empty eyes, an a growing beard, and the most average and boring expression that a living being could ever put. Yep as bad as the last time, in other words, disgusting.

I finish my trip to the bathroom and step outside of my room in time to see a giant person covered in a tick winter coat entering the small house. If you can call this a house anyway. There he is, two snow rabbits in hand and his mighty bow in the other, a true and successful hunter. He notice my presence and try to work up a smile “Hey son, do you manage to hunt the deer this time ???” He start to look around trying and failing in find the ´expected´ deer. He finally stop looking, the weak smile leaving his face, he sigh... I sigh... today is going to be a loooooong night.       

 

7