Ch13: Where The Gods Of The East Reside.
2.7k 6 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Where The Gods Of The East Reside.

In some room, Heaven

I don't know how long I was asleep, but when I woke up suddenly because I couldn't waste time, it could cost me my life. But when I opened my eyes to see where I was, I was able to see that I was in the room of some kind of hospital ward, I was lying on a bed and even had a vial of serum in my arm, I was also bandaged all over, I was being treated. I kept looking around to see who was helping me, only to discover that I was in a strange place again, because the place did not have the design of a capital city, the room was white and had things that looked like medical instruments, but their designs were Asian and old-fashioned, for example, the pulse monitor had dragons on the sides and its screen was monochromatic, green, the door was sliding and paper. But inside it was a ventilation duct that you would expect to see in a factory.

Finally I looked at the other side of the bed, there was a normal chair, different from the one in the living room, this one looked like a western one, and in it was a little girl with wings, her hands transparent like glass were holding mine, it was Momo and she was completely asleep with her head on my bed. I breathed a sigh of relief to see a friendly face so close to me. It seemed that I woke her up when I moved a little, because she opened her eyes right away, saw that I was awake and made a surprised face when she saw me.

"Cesar!!"
"you're good?"
"Does nothing hurt?" she asked.

"Calm down" I replied.
"I'm fine"

Then I smiled a little to try to calm her down and show her that I was fine.

"Where I am?" I ask.

"Right now you are in the hospital of Oriente 6, we are in the eastern division of the earth" She answered me.

"And in human what does it mean?" I said sarcastically.

"We are in the part where the Asian gods of the earth reside, for the believers of them" she added.

"So am I in heaven again?"

"Correct"
"But don't worry you're not dead"
"It was all part of the plan to get you out of the hands of the Alliance"
"Although we were never so close to being discovered by humans before that time"

"So you did help me escape"

"We have been helping you from the beginning !!"
"First we had to prevent them from closing the project ahead of time, so we had to press for them to use you and prove your worth in the war"
"Then in the following missions, several teams take care of your missions for you, to avoid putting the Codex at risk"
"Then came the real headache, because we had to see how we did so that you escaped without the humans realizing what you were doing. That's when the idea of giving you stimulants came, but we had to try to guess in which house to put them and how to do it so that you would get them without causing suspicion".
"But seeing that if you realized that we left them there we could then devise the next step for your escape"
"And it is that taking advantage of the plan they had to get rid of you, we would use the portal that the Empire left and adjust its coordinates so that you would come to heaven and help you escape".
"Only that guy Brandon moved the last rune, so we didn't know which of all the doors you would go through, so we had to put everything on hold and prepare medical equipment in all of them, just in case something bad happened."
"And how good we got ready because you were all injured.

"You're dragging this out too long, can you please summarize?"

"The good news is that we were able to heal you completely in record time thanks to the magic.
"The bad news is that you have been completely unconscious for a week, and because of the sedatives they used, you probably feel like you have not slept at all.
"By the way, thanks to the grenades you threw, the portals of Oriente 6 are under repair. The solar rail that brought the new components arrived a short time ago, so we will have to wait a few days for them to be repaired and operational".
"But it is a good time for you to get a good and deserved rest!"

"And you were by chance here among all the possible millions of portals that must exist in heaven?"

"I came on the train, thanks to you I haven't been able to sleep since yesterday because I had to prepare everything to fix what you broke." She replied a little angrily.

"So if I am already conscious and healthy, does it mean that I can withdraw from the hospital?"

"Well yes, but why the rush?"

"I have to talk to the bank before my father uses up my pension fund!!!"
"It may even be late by now!"

After convincing the doctors that I was okay, I was released from the hospital, and now that we were in the capital of the planet, I took the opportunity to go to the bank to see how much money I had left. But to make matters worse, it turned out that my father had somehow seen all this coming and had taken all my honestly earned money and was trying to turn a neighboring island near my house into a casino. So now I was on an unknown planet with no money and no way to get back.

Thank God I was with Momo, she saw the situation I was in and decided to help me. She told me that I could accompany her to the hotel where she would be staying these days, since she also planned to take a vacation when she finished fixing the portal. She wanted to be far away from the cities in a tourist place, but that it would only take an hour by train to get to the place where the portal was.

During the trip, I was glued to the window looking at the landscape like a child, it was like traveling back in time. Almost all the houses had the design that is in China or Japan in ancient times. People dressed in traditional clothes, rice fields submerged in water for several stretches. But it was not that they did not have technology, because the train we were traveling in was very modern, even for those on Earth, there was also the occasional spaceship in the sky traveling here and there. It was definitely fun to see all that.

After getting off at a train station in the middle of nowhere, we walked along a dirt road between rice fields. We walked for a long time.

"You know, if you want to go to work from here every day, you will have to get up early and come back late," I said to my partner.

"I've already told you that I'm going to stay here for a few more days after I finish the repairs, so it doesn't always matter if I can do something other than relax afterwards." She told me.

"And how did you find this place? I don't think you know this place, in fact, if you told me there was a hotel here, I wouldn't believe you".

"I saw it on the Internet, it is a place with quite old hot springs, so they are remodeling it, and thanks to that it has lower prices than normal, you see I have everything planned!

"How strange, I thought you would still be paying Miguel and that is why the last thing you would have is a vacation for a long time".

"Well, having to fix the portals helped me get away with it a little".

"By the way, how is my father treating you?"
"Are you sure you want to keep taking care of my house?"

"I thank you for the second job you gave me, thanks to which I can continue to live while I continue to pay. Your father is quite a case, when I am with him he behaves, but as soon as I go out to do something, is when problems arise, he does not waste time in the least".

"With what happened today, I realized that trusting him with my money was a bad idea, so I think I will leave the money to you, and you better give him enough to live on. Well, I'm afraid he'll really spend it all on a bet or a plan to get more money.

We were still walking and could even see the building Momo was talking about. When a car drove by, it stopped right next to us and under the window. Inside was a typical Japanese girl, black hair, short, with white skin, she looked like a normal person from Earth. Except for the fact that she was driving a silver Mercedes Benz AMG GTR of the year down the dirt road while wearing typical samurai armor that was completely out of place.

CxMptZr.png

"That can not be!"
"Are you Momo?"
"What are you doing here?"
"That you weren't on Avesta 7?" said the samurai girl in the car.

"Sorry, have we met before?" replied Momo.

"Wait, you wouldn't get out of there unless..."
"Cesar?"
"Is it really you?"

"Who are you?" I asked also intrigued.

"Sorry for my manners!"
"My name is Urakaze, I am the owner of this Ryokan."
"I'm a big fan of the parties your father throws!"
"I'm just coming back from one!"

"Wait, what the hell?"

"I heard from your father about your promotion to Valkyrie"
"It was not clear to me how they could leave you in such a position"
"But now that I see it, I understand."
"You are nothing like the photos your father has of you at home, but now that I think about it, that would be worse."
"But tell me, what brings you here?"

"Just now we were walking to the hotel to spend the night," I said with shame when I saw that a stranger had recognized me even though I was now in the body of a girl.

"Great, that suits me fine"
"But out here is no place to talk"
"Come on in"
"I'll give you a ride in the car"

Once inside the place, I could not believe that I was still on an unknown planet, that I was in the middle of rice plantations in a hotel. Because while the exterior was a typical Japanese hot springs hotel with its perfectly elegant gardens and beautiful paths. Inside the lobby were all the comforts of the modern world, air conditioning, television, there were quite comfortable occidental sofas, a fairly large and elegant restaurant, the WI-FI key is on a sign near the reception, it had everything.

Urakaze Inn

"I can tell by your face that you are also surprised by what you see," Urakaze said.
"Well, the building is quite old and the difficult location does not help, but being close to the capital, but with a relaxing landscape, they have made it quite famous"
"But we have had to update the interior with modern times to keep attracting guests. For now we are doing it little by little to see how it works for us".

"I want another plate of this!"Momo said.

I had only been distracted for a moment and she was already on her fourth cup of food.

"Stop ordering so much food, we don't have much money to go crazy either," I said.

"Don't worry about it."
"Go ahead, the house invites," the owner of the place said.

"WOW"
"You are very kind to us," Momo said with a smile.

"Well, an emergency can happen to anyone"
"Besides, this way I can reduce the debt I have with your father a little"

"Debt?" I asked her about the last thing she said.

The next thing I saw was a face changing from smiling and happy to one of tears and discouragement.

"He won me the rights to the hotel property in a game of poker"
"Please tell him to reconsider"
"This is all I have!"
"Without the Hotel, I will have no more way to live"
"I'm still paying for the car!" the samurai girl said to me as she hung from my feet.

"WHAT?"
"But how did you bet your hotel?" the crystal angel asked with reason.

"He had also bet his island and the casino."
"I was thinking of getting the land and opening a chain of hotels!"

"My father bet MY island!?"
"Without my permission!? "
"Without telling me?" I screamed in disbelief.

Everyone was in a panic, watching each other's versions of the story.

"Please tell him to help you and to lower it to something less serious," said the girl begging for her hotel.

"I have to get out of here before he ends my financial life," I said.

"As I told you, only the solar train is available at the moment and it will take much longer than the repair of the portal," Momo said.

"What happened to the portals, do you know anything?" asked Urakaze.

"They are being repaired due to a "leak"," replied the girl made of glass.

"I'm finally free, and this had to happen."
"I just want to get back to my family."
"Why does something always have to happen?"

"

Well, since you will be staying for several days".
"You can use all the facilities."
"I only recommend that you do not go far through the forest north of here, there is not much there, but some people go hunting animals before winter, so there must be quite a lot of traps right now, so it is not safe".

"OK, I'll take that into consideration."
"Thank you."

After that, Urakaze took us to our room, or rather our cabin, as it was a small room that was outside the main building of the hotel, although it had everything typical that you would enter in a traditional Japanese house, the tatamis, the mattresses at the level of the floor, for these cold days it also had a kotatsu. And also things you would expect from a hotel, like room service, a mini-fridge, and most importantly for me, a modern toilet, I had not seen a normal one intact for years, since the aircraft carrier was anything but comfortable, and the cities I normally visited were never in good condition for some reason, like bombs. It was undoubtedly a relief to find one in such good and functional condition. But after taking off my pants to try to use it, I remembered something that was less important to me until this critical moment in my life, now that my best friend and partner has left for a better place, I will never be able to use one of these the same way ever again.

62