Ch161: Presidential Visit
415 7 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Presidential Visit

Alliance Office Japan, Akasaka Press Center, Minato, Tokyo
June 15
10:00 AM

The day had finally arrived, today was the visit of U.S. President John Smith, who had just taken his presidential limousine and was on his way to the U.S. Embassy, where he would stay for a couple of hours before coming here. The day had finally arrived, today was the visit of US President John Smith, who had just taken his presidential limousine and was on his way to the US embassy, where he would be for a couple of hours before coming here. Everyone here was pretty nervous and I was the first one to say that it was not a big deal, but after seeing everyone in the military base with a gun and alert to any threat makes everyone else also, right now I feel like I have to behave normally not to be discovered of some crime that I have not committed.

Right now I was in a control room where my mother was checking that everything was going well. I am here because the president had asked to meet me personally and the people who were helping Adelis, so there are also Tamamo, the twins, Momo with her nun outfit in full power, and Maria, who was here because since it was mom wanted to introduce her daughter, Lisa is also here. Still, she will only come out in case of an actual emergency for obvious reasons.

"Chance of rain 85%"
"We expect light rain within the next 30 minutes" Said Kasumi informing my mother of her weather result.

"It's okay, it doesn't matter, most of it is indoors"
"We can't cancel everything for a little water either"
"...."
"Zeon Team report"

"Road clear"
"Some people are leaving because of the coming rain"
"No problems"

"Noble team?"

"We're in the embassy garage right now."
"I have the limo in sight"
"No one has approached the car"
"Does it really take a whole team to protect this car while it's parked in the middle of 400 cops?"
"It's got more armor than my unit's car"

"You are not here to see a parked limousine"
"You are here to provide support in case something happens somewhere else"
"You will be the second wave trying to buy time for the heavy assault teams"
"Besides, there's no such thing as too much security after what happened in New York"
"If I were you I'd better hope I don't work at all"

"An unauthorized person just broke into an apartment in the building across the street"
"Units underway"
"Estimated 5 minutes for apprehension" Kazumi spoke again.

"Is it serious?"

"...."
"No"
"I've already identified her, it's Nozomi Yasuda, the journalist who keeps bothering us"

"Her again?"
"What the hell is she doing here?"
"If she was a good reporter she'd be at the embassy where everyone else is"

"Any notes on how to proceed with her?"

"Arrest her and lock her up in our prison"
"We'll see what we'll do to her when the president leaves."

Quite a busy day without a doubt. I was also no stranger to nerves, the clothes were difficult to wear, I was wearing a kimono because it was what best helped me to hide my chest, which I must say gave an incredible result, it had been chosen by Tamamo and she herself helped me to put it on along with several accessories, I even had a white mask in my hair, she also lent me one of her pairs of wooden sandals. I think I was in the normal range if it wasn't for the ears and tail, but at least with the clothes I look like part of the outfit, if only I could breathe, right now I'm on the edge, something as simple as a sneeze will make me explode.

!!!!

Shit, just talking about it.

"Tama, I have a problem"
"It's the ribbon, it needs to be adjusted"
"I need help"

"Okay, no problem"
"I can do it quickly"

"In my office, there is a private bathroom"
"You can use it, no one will bother you there"
"Here is the key"

"Thank you"

Tamamo and I set off for the office. We exited the room and took the elevator from the basement to the first floor to take the normal elevator to the office. There were about 3 checkpoints but the ID card we had let us through without any questions being asked. When we got to the second floor something curious happened.

"Wait a minute!"
"That white girl I know!"
"Nanami! Over here! It's me!"
"How the hell are you here?"
"Why did they let you in?"

Oh, hell, yes it's right. The reporter they found out front was Nozomi, I forgot they were bringing her here to lock her up.

"Oh! hello"
"The reporter who works at the movie theater"
"My neighbor invited me over for being nice to her"

"Why did she invite you?"
"Is your mother here too?"
"!!!!"
"This is not the time for that right now"
"These people just arrested me because they think I'm a bad person but I was just taking pictures for my job at the newspaper"
"Tell the soldiers that you know me, that I was with you and everything will be solved"
"Please!"

"I don't know"
"Normally journalists have a little more access to places like this"
"It's pretty weird that you were arrested if you were really a journalist"

"And you say you are 5 years old?"
"Your questions are quite intelligent for your age"
"You don't act like a little girl at all."

"Really?"
"Let me see ...."
"Guard! this lady touched me in my ......"

"Stop! Stop! Stop!"
"Let's not rush"
"I get it! I get it!"
"You're very smart, okay I accept that!"
"Just don't increase the criminal charges they can bring against me!"

"So how did you end up handcuffed, you say?"

"I just wanted to take pictures different from the rest"
"All my colleagues are at the embassy, if I bring more pictures from there, my boss will not give me a bonus"
"So I thought about this place, but all my requests were denied"
"That's strange, your visit is supposed to be public"
"Then I thought that instead, something weird must be going on around here"
"And it has all the signs!"
"The schedule doesn't say how long his visit will take, plus there's that woman here, Adelis"
"I'm sure that those two are meeting secretly for some reason and I was thinking of investigating further"
"But I have no idea how they realized my plan, I thought I had been quite careful"
"But well, I think they are also doing their job well, after all the president has the best security in the world, right?"
"...."
"!!!!"
"Wait!"
"You're invited here!"
"Look, I have a favor to ask you!"
"In another place, at Nogi Park, it's north of here, I left a video camera on in case the president took a secondary route to come here"
"In the briefcase next to it is another camera"
"Take it and take pictures of the president here"
"I'll pay you for them, I'll pay you plenty, no matter how many you take, I'll pay you for all of them"
"Just take one, anyone, I'll pay you to double if you can take a picture of the room the president is in, triple if he's in it with someone else"
"Please!"

I couldn't believe how smart and dumb one person could be. For, on the one hand, I had no idea how she had figured out the secondary route to the presidential limousine if something went wrong, something that only very few people knew, for security reasons. While on the other hand, she mentioned in a room full of soldiers that I would help her do spy work and she would pay me for confidential information. It was really surprising.

"Okay, well, I'll try."
"But no promises"
"I don't want to miss meeting the president"

"Wait!"
"But also tell them that I am your friend"
"Get me out of this trouble!"
"Tell them to give me back my camera, it's very expensive!"
"I need it for my work!"

I decided to continue and ignore the screams of the journalist while she was taken to the cell so that she would not bother me anymore. After that, we made it to my mother's office where Tamamo was able to help me readjust my clothes before I ran into the president. Through the window, I could see that it was starting to rain, but at least lightly. I was then able to return to my mother who was making final preparations before he arrived.

Maria was also well dressed, but her nerves could be seen when she tried to drink water from a bottle. Momo on the other hand was impossible to see what she was thinking because with her dress you couldn't even see her eyes, well metaphorically, obviously you can't even see them when she is naked in the house. The twins were wearing gothic clothing because it was the best way to cover the details of her body, the Secret Service asked for them but Adelis only said that they were coming with her and ignored them, they didn't bother her anymore.

The report that the president was leaving came in and with it the activity inside the building spiked. We all filed out of the control room towards the entrance awaiting his arrival. On the bright side, there were not many people outside the building, it seemed that the rain had scared off most of the curious. I don't know how many minutes it took, but it seemed like an eternity. But then, with my big ears, I heard the sirens, several cars were coming, they would stop at nothing until they reached their destination. A huge parade of black cars came into view shortly after, several armored assault cars led the way, followed by three huge black limousines, and even more, vehicles followed them. From where he stood he could see the guards protecting the caravan. They were tough guys, with the best possible equipment, they were skillfully watching everything going on around them, they were good warriors, that was easy to see.

The president had arrived.

Someone next to me gave me an umbrella, wagasa or Bangasa I think it was called, it seemed to be made of paper. It was Tamamo who had given it to me, and she told me to go and meet it and offer to cover it from the rain. I didn't really think it was necessary, but she was the one who had more experience with the manners in Japanese high society, so I trusted her and took the umbrella to do what she had told me, but in the middle of the way my own brain asked me what the fuck I was doing, and it was too late to take it back, I just had to continue and bear the embarrassment I had.

"Welcome, Mr. John Smith"
"Let me protect you from the rain with this umbrella" It was the only thing I could think of to say at that moment.

"Thank you very much for your kindness"
"But I don't see myself capable of taking away a lady's only means of protection against this weather"
"Don't worry about me, a little water won't take years off my life"
"We'd better get into the safety of the building"

A polite response. It was something you would expect to see from an important and charismatic politician. A response that I could live with and not be embarrassed to remember. After talking to me, he turned to my mother to greet her as well.

"I am so glad to see you back in good shape Mrs. Adelis"
"You have done a wonderful job arranging all this for this untimely visit of mine"
"No doubt it is thanks to you that we have been able to get security cleared and allow me to be here today"
"I can't tell you how much I appreciate it"

"Mr. John, you don't have to be so polite"
"We know each other well enough, you know it bothers me to be doing this type of speech"
"You can talk to us like you always do"
"Please come in, we have everything ready to give you a warm welcome"

My mother opened the door and allowed the president to enter first, followed by his retinue of guards and then us.

"We are already out of the cameras sir" said my mother.

"I'm glad it's over"
"I can't stand having my neck watched by reporters watching everything I do"
"Surely there is some journalist hiding in the front building taking pictures of everything hoping to create some commotion with it"

"As you requested, I have a private room prepared on the second floor"
"No one will disturb us there"
"This way please" my mother spoke again.

We headed for the elevators. There were so many of us that we had to make several trips. Once on the second floor, most of the guards stayed outside and only a few entered, the rest seemed to be advisors to the president. On our side were all our family, Xi'an, and Cedric. We sat around a large table, Tamamo separated herself from us and brought a tea set which she began to serve each of the guests in a highly professional manner, her every move calculated down to the last detail.

"All right, I would like to get down to the main topic at once, as I am afraid I cannot take too long if I do not want to arouse suspicions"
"First of all I want to thank you for setting this up for me"
"I came here today because I wanted to thank you for what you did for my country and for me in New York"
"You really did an incredible, unbelievable, unimaginable job"
"But I'm afraid we were not able to reward you with all the honor you deserved due to some inconsistencies regarding the identity of our collaborators that day"
"That's why, as an apology, I thought of coming personally to offer them at least the rewards they deserve, even if it was far from the public"

"Come on, John"
"If you were going to do something like this you didn't have to come all the way out here"
"You could have just sent a message" Said Adelis.

"Oh, no, no."
"I have to, it's the least I can do, they deserve it"
"You guys are the main reason I came here in the first place"
"..."
"All right, that being said, I'm going to get started"
"First of all there have been some discussions among my collaborators regarding the girl over there, the one with the mask"
"Several are afraid of not knowing anything about her because they think that she is someone important to the Empire, but I reject them because I myself was a witness of how she helped us to discover the plans of the enemy"
"But still she asks me if I could know a little more about her from you"

"In fact, I believe that you are closer to the truth than you think, sir."
"She really is an engineer of the Empire, a person who could see through the lies of the empire and she herself approached us to collaborate with important information regarding the Empire"
"So useful in fact that she considered it vital"
"Certain things happened and I decided to take care of her myself"
"Because of her past with the Empire, her personal information is taken with great suspicion, she does not want to be identified in any way, and that is why we have taken extreme precautions with her"
"She herself chose Momo as her nickname"
"I am sorry that I cannot give more details about her, but you can take my word for it that she is someone worthy of trust"

"Okay, okay, okay"
"The next thing that bothered them were those two girls over there"
"The ones that are identical, too much in fact"
"Can I know their origin too?"
"They are DOLLS of the Empire right?" asked the president seriously.

"That is correct"
"They are both Empire Dolls, two Electronic Warfare models"
"The Empire was hoping to deploy them during the Continental War"
"Thanks to Momo's cooperation the information reached our hands and we were able to stop their production before they were a real threat to the Alliance."
"These two were the only surviving models known before the attack on New York"
"Momo brought them with her from the Empire as a token of her commitment to our cause"
"They have helped me so much with my work but more than that, they are an important part of my family"
"I will not hesitate to kill anyone who threatens their safety"
"Not even a president"
"I was actually against them helping during the New York incident, but since my best agent promised to take care of their safety I gave the green light to carry out the two key operations that allowed us to regain control of the city in such a short time"

"Come on, my question was not serious at all"
"No need for threats, especially not the scary kind"
"I myself opposed those opinions"
"During your conversations, I could see something quite curious, a change in the way you behaved"
"Unlike the times we talked during the war, now you seemed much more cheerful"
"At first, I didn't know what caused it, but after seeing all these girls I can now understand what happened"
"You managed to find the family you lost"
"I am very sorry for what happened to your son Cesar during the war, but I am glad to see that you have found your way to happiness again"
"Thanks to your important collaboration we have decided to recognize them as part of our friends"
"Momo is officially recognized as a citizen of our nation, as well as the two robots"
"So you could use this as a form of new identification for them, you can see this as a promise that we won't go after them"
"We will stand up for her if any inconvenience happens, we will come to help"
"I'm sure this will help you enormously in your work"
"Let's just keep this out of the news please, many will complain about us recognizing robots as people"
"I also wanted to present you with this pair of medals, for your service in the battle of New York"

One of the president's assistants came with a suitcase from which the president took out a box containing the medals along with a couple of cards that were skillfully made for them, as they were deliberately omitted with some parts like the nationality of origin, while others like the photo must have been made by a computer as I don't think they had access to a good photo of them, Still it was clear that it was only temporary as I am sure Adelis would like to completely edit the information to something she is comfortable with. The most interesting was the photo of Momo because for some reason it did look like her, only with real color, I was sure that some Stella agent had managed to work behind the scenes on that photo.

"The following are the two of you"
"White and Moon, you two really were the epicenter of everything that happened that day"
"How your early actions such as damaging the bridge did enough damage to the enemy advance to make a better defense of the city"
"As well as your help in rebuilding the airport, the power plant or control center"
"Your actions were key to saving the lives of thousands of people and my beloved nation"
"But even though it was not their duty they went above and beyond by even coming to my rescue"
"A gesture for which I could not be more grateful"
"I really wish our first meeting would have been more peaceful"
"You two I don't think it was just enough of the same"
"So I looked for what other things I could add within my possibilities"
"But there wasn't much, so I talked to other friends of mine for help"
"That's how I came up with this"
"It is clear that they have high military training and that they are undoubtedly valuable people for Adelis, so they will surely appreciate" "having help to do their job better."
"With this, you will be recognized as military personnel within the Alliance"
"They will respect your rank in any emergency that may arise."
"Also ...."

"Hold it right there, wait a minute"
"Don't get ahead of me"
"I'm not going back into the army"
"I've had enough of that, I'm not going back there"
"If you think you can use this to force me to rejoin, you are very wrong"
"I don't care what benefits I get, I'm not going to accept it"

I said seriously, I wasn't going to wait for them to decide for me this time, I wasn't going to go through the bullshit again just because someone else wanted to take advantage of me. I had found a nice place to stay, at last, I was not going to abandon it for something as stupid as doing a favor to a president who was using generosity as bait to fall into their hands.

"!!!!!"
"Oh, no, no, no, no"
"I could never do something like that"
"I'm sorry it was misinterpreted in this way"
"This document is to mark you as an Alliance reserve in general, not just as part of the United States Army"
"With this Adelis can easily assign you as a team leader whenever she wants"
"If she wants to, and it is your right to refuse if you want to"
"I am just giving you a tool to make your job easier in case you want to help Adelis or something unexpected happens again"
"I was also coming to give you this personally"
"The Legion of Merit medal, the highest ranking medal awarded to allied troops during a military campaign"
"I'm sorry I can only give you this one, I really know it's worthy of more but it's all I can give you for now along with its benefits"

The president got up from his chair and took the medal in his hands, I got up too and went to where he was. He had to bend down to place it on my neck, when I received it the assistants of the president started to applaud, then the rest of the people were present. They also gave me the same card they had given to momo and the twins. It only had White as the name, with everything else blank, it was just a temporary one while Adelis filled in the information she wanted me to see on it. The picture was also fake but I looked funny as I was without my fox ears, so I laughed a little when I saw it. Tamamo did the same and also received her medal and documents. She seems to be happy to receive it and to be recognized internationally.

After that Adelis introduced him to Maria and after that they discussed a little bit about some other things like what they could do to make Japan finally accept their integration into the Alliance and what extra things Adelis could use in her work. She did not waste time and take advantage of my work she asked for a couple of things that surely the Senators would be more willing to accept the proposal, She also asked for a couple more of those special documents, as she said she wanted to have some for Levia or someone else, the president accepted without hesitation and said to send her the information and that he would fill out the documents himself. They also discussed a bit about how to help with the rebuilding of Europe, which is relying on the allies who were not directly affected by the war to help them get back to where they were before the war.

With that, the visit was over.  After an hour and a half or so, the president went back down to the entrance of the building, but instead of returning to his limo, he went to the helipad, where there were 3 identical helicopters waiting for him, which would take him to the Yokosuka military base, where he had another meeting and a public activity with Admiral Mark. The weather had also improved a lot, as it was no longer raining and the sun was coming back up, it was already around noon.

As soon as the helicopter left, I immediately went back to my mother's office to change my clothes, as I wanted  to breathe fully again. I changed into my usual clothes, the jacket with the fox ears, my shorts, and long socks, as well as my shoes for something more comfortable for me. I went back to the control room where my mother was again making sure that the president's visit was safe. But after a few minutes there Kazumi spoke to give an important warning because a security breach had been detected, several soldiers had gone to check but did not return to report, something serious was going on. My mother thought it best to deal with the threat immediately, so she decided not to take the risk and sent Tamamo and me.

17