Ch162: RED Alert
330 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RED Alert

Alliance Office Japan, Akasaka Press Center, Minato, Tokyo
June 15
11:40 AM

The president had already left so I didn't want to waste any more time and changed my clothes as quickly as possible. Tamamo and I went back to the control room. My mother was still monitoring everything that was happening with the help of Kasumi and Charlotte, as well as some members of the base like Wilson who was also there watching.

"Security breach in the northern perimeter"
"Silo squad reports hostilities."
"Sending the Hotel squad to reinforce the sector" Inform Kazumi.

"Threat level?"

"Unknown"
"It is near the cemetery, no video available"
"Silo reported to be under attack, type of attack not reported"
"Momentary Threat Classification, Orange"
"Waiting for Hotel report to reclassify"

"Report to the entire base"
"All units on alert"
"We must protect this place"

"Send the report to the Secret Service?"

"No"
"Not yet, it may just be something minor"
"We can't cancel the whole visit just because of a minor inconvenience"

"I have a question"
"Is there anything here that I can eat?"
"I'm hungry" 

"Elise!"
"I'm busy right now"
"Today the kitchen is closed, on the first floor there is a vending machine"
"If not, wait until we get back to the house"

"I hope they will at least sell something filling"

"Hotel team does not report situation"
"No information about what is happening"
"Situation unknown"
"Waiting for orders to proceed" said Kasumi, turning to see mother, waiting for advice.

"Two patrol squads missing without a trace?"
"This is too strange"
"Plus it's only a couple of blocks away"
"...."
"I don't like this"
"I'd rather get it over quickly"
"Elise, Tamamo, you two are the most capable here"
"Can you go over there and see what's going on?"

"Agh"
"Okay, but I'm going to stop by and get something to eat on the way back"

"Elise!"
"Catch!" Cedric shouted across the room

"Carajo, se me cayo"
"Diay si, Pura vida"

(Fuck, I dropped it)
(yeah ok, Pure life)  I said without thinking because I couldn't catch it in the air.

Cedric had handed me a Secret Service bodyguard assault kit. It had everything, a bulletproof vest, a P229 DAK pistol, several magazines, a medical kit, a radio, and a lot of bags with things that would make Batman proud. I managed to put it on without much difficulty, but when I finished adjusting the waist belts I turned to look at Cedric, who was still looking at me, strangely, because he still had the kit he was going to give Tamamo in his hand.

"Something happened?" I asked him.

"!!!!"
"Oh no, it's nothing"
"It's just for a second, the way you spoke."
"It reminded me of someone, he used to say the same thing from time to time"
"It just made me a little nostalgic"
"!!!!"
"Tamamo, this is yours"
"If you need help putting it on just let me know"

"The location is unknown but the perimeter is between the cemetery and the Green Market 600 meters north of here"
"Be careful, Dad, Mom"

"All right, okay"
"Let's get it over with, I'm dying of hunger and I want to eat now"

We left through the heliport of the military base, Tamamo helped me through the barrier by holding me in her arms and jumping over it.
We left through the heliport of the military base, Tamamo helped me to pass through the barrier by holding me in his arms and jumping over it. We continued walking through the cemetery until we reached the market, as the map indicated. But when we got there there was nothing out of place, there were even civilians walking normally. It seemed quite strange to me, was Kasumi mistaken? I doubt it, she is quite intelligent, if she classified it as a danger, most likely is one. Besides, where were the missing patrols? Tamamo and I split up in the park for a better search. I went to a vending machine to buy a chocolate bar to get energy, but just as I reached it I could see in the reflection of the machine's glass that something was approaching from behind me at full speed, so I jumped to the side to get out of its way.

It was a strange monster in front of me. It looked like a werewolf, although more beast than human. It also had metal feet along its body, it looked quite painful in the way they were arranged. The monster finished smashing the machine with his arms as if it were made of paper, it was clear that his strength was enormous. He roared and turned to look at me again, preparing to charge.

It was clear that talking to that beast was a hopeless case, I took my pistol and fired several times, but although I aimed at his head, I could see sparks as the bullets bounced off, it was strange, there was hair there, not something metal or armor. The werewolf ran quickly towards me, it was amazing to see how fast he walked with so little time, just after he spoke towards me. But with this, I had already won, because I summoned Avalon from the ground with the tip upwards and the same monster impaled itself. To make sure that it really died I put my pistol in its mouth and shot it again, the red of its blood came out of its eyes, the beast was dead.

"Elise, are you okay?" Said Tamamo approaching me with her spear in hand, it seems that even she did not have time to help me when I finished.

"Yes, I'm fine"
"What the fuck is this thing?"
"A werewolf?"
"Is it a Japanese Yokai or does it come from Europe?"

"....."
"I have no idea"
"It doesn't look like a magical creature that I know of"
"According to the mana it emanates, it looks more like a spawn"
"A human mutation?"

"A Human does not mutate so much or so radically."
"A Werewolf of Europe? A wolf half man neighbor of the previous?"
"How did it get here? Normally it's the hunters' job to stop them"

"Elise can you please report"
"What's going on over there?" My mother spoke on the radio.

"Everything under control"
"A werewolf attacked me for no reason but he's dead now"
"I still don't know where the missing patrols are"
"Maybe they got scared and ran away?"
"The monster is ugly as hell so it would be possible"

"Elise"
"You're really the only person I know who could be attacked in the middle of the day in a vegetable market by a werewolf."
"And what's worse, I don't doubt it for a second"
"Take a picture, I want to see what they look like, and we'll see what we do with the body"

"Hey!"
"It's not like I'm looking for them either"

"Most likely this will fall under the jurisdiction of the hunters"
"They will take care of everything so that it does not come to light"
"The best thing to do would be to stay away and do nothing" said Tamamo.

"Okay, that's fine"
"Just step away from him to take a picture before that"

She listened to me and moved away from the body, I took out my cell phone to take the picture. But while I was looking for the camera application something strange happened. The werewolf's body exploded from one second to the next, leaving no trace of him apart from the huge pool of blood where he was. What the fuck had happened?

"Ah, Tamamo?"

"No"
"Hunters don't do that"
"I have no idea what just happened either"
"Magic was not"

No matter how hard we looked, we found nothing to indicate what had happened. I only noticed a monster, it died and then exploded, all within 10 minutes of each other. Kasumi reported that we had already found the missing patrols, they had indeed panicked and gone into hiding, it turned out that they were basically recruits, just out of training, this would have been their first battle, what a bunch of scaredy-cats. Seeing that we were not doing anything else there, we started to return, I was looking for a place to eat before returning to base.

But as we were walking Tamamo suddenly stopped walking and looked in one direction without saying anything.

"What is it now?"
"Did something happen?"

"The God of that temple over there"
"He is in panic, is asking us for help"
"He's afraid of something left behind by a group of skeletons"

"The what of what for what!?"

"He wants us to help him"

"Ok, all right, I understand"
"Let's see what it is"

Tama took me to the east, just a couple of meters away. There was the Nogi temple, a relatively busy place, it was in the middle of two busy intersections, so we had to wait at the traffic light to cross. As we got closer, Tamamo stopped again.

"What the hell is that?"
"The metal is screaming!"
"I've never seen anything like that before!"
"It's sounding horrible! It's in agony!"
"How can you do that to something that isn't alive?"
"I can see why the God is panicking!"

"Honey, I understand that my life is weird"
"But there's also a limit to how much I can understand"
"I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about"
"Can you speak a little more in understandable language?"

"The metal screams!"
"It never stops screaming!"

"What metal?"
"From where?"

"There in that part of the temple!"
"It screams horrible!"
"You really can't hear it!?"

Full of doubt I began to walk towards the inside of the temple to where Tamamo was pointing. I didn't really understand what she meant, but if two gods were agitated by it, it was certainly worth investigating.

A strange noise began to emanate from my vest, its mere presence was enough to awaken my complete panic mode. I quickly checked between my pockets for the origin of the diabolical sound, and I found it easily, when I saw the object in my hand I could feel how time stopped, the pulse of my heart almost stopped before jumping into the air, my body began to feel hot, the lack of air was complete. In my hands, I had a key ring, a small object that fits in the palm of one hand, but this keyring was special, it was from the Secret Service, it was not in the bulletproof vest by chance, it was yellow with a very striking and recognizable symbol. In my hands I was holding a Geiger counter, the horrible sound it emitted was a ticking a dangerous warning, there was radiation, something in the area emitted radiation, the same key chain indicated that it was mild, but the safety measure is not to have any, especially in a temple in the middle of the city.

I immediately ran around with the key chain and started using the sound it emitted as a way to search for the source. I managed to find it in no time, an ordinary backpack. I quickly opened it and found the artifact that made the metal scream. I also screamed in panic, something like a metal bottle, it had several computer chips and weird things everywhere, but the most striking thing was that in one part of it there was a vial with a red and metallic liquid. Quickly in panic, I grabbed my radio and contacted the base.

"Adelis!"
"Is Momo there? Put her on the phone! NOW!"

"What happened?"
"What do you want Momo for? here I am"

"Shut The Fuck up woman!
"This is Real shit!"
"Go get the angel and tell her she's got one stupid second to move her goddamn glass ass and answer the call and or I swear I'm going to fuck her for the rest the life"

"Momo"
"The call is for you, it's your wife"
"I think she is angry"

"Hello?"
"Elise? What's up?"

"How do I distinguish true red mercury from false red mercury?"

"Red Mercury?"
"No, it does not exist on earth, it is a lie, it is a scam"

"How do I distinguish true red mercury from false mercury?"
"It's a fucking order!"

"Mercury is a metal, so it would normally reflect the light."
"If you use the light from your phone lamp and you can see through it as if it were blood and not metal, then it is the real thing"

I quickly picked up my phone and did exactly what she told me, put the phone behind the bottle, and waited for the result.

"Positive"

"Oh my God"

"Adelis"
"If Maria is there, take her out of the control center and send her to your office"
"Quickly!"

"Xi'an, you heard her"
"Take her outside"

"All right, Boss"

"There, she's out"
"What's wrong?"
"How bad is it?"

"I have a Broken Arrow code"
"I repeat code Broken Arrow"
"I have visual confirmation, it's right in my hands"

....

There was a second of uncomfortable silence

....

"Okay"
"Broken Arrow Code"
"No one enters or leaves this room!"
"From now on everything discussed is classified"
"Get me the Secretary of Defense on that other phone"
"Raise the alert to DEFCON 2"
"Do not remove the president abruptly, tell him to act with health problems to get him out of the country without causing panic"
"Carrier Strike Group 5 must leave immediately to the ocean to prepare for the worst"
"Elise, I am sending support right now"

"Today we would have a bad day"

The security measures were extreme in DEFCON 2 because it was the worst possible situation for anyone who had to live it that day because it meant imminent catastrophe when direct confrontation with other countries was expected. The Broken Arrow Code was only used when there was an incident involving nuclear weapons but not a doomsday, something like the red mercury atomic bomb I had in my hands that had come out of nowhere.

16