Chapter 11 – Gathering of Geniuses
4.9k 10 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rose Garden

The Rose Garden was a famous place in the Jin Empire’s Capital. It was a place where lovers usually frequented due to the beautiful view of the flowers and also because of what they symbolize. It was a very romantic place with some even going as far as saying that if one confessed to the one they love in the Rose Garden, they wouldn't get rejected.

Obviously, that wasn’t true. It was just a rumor spread by the people responsible for the place to attract more people to come into the garden. It was nothing but a shameless advertisement. Nevertheless, it was a good marketing strategy as a lot of people still came to the garden either to just have a date, confess their love, or even hold a wedding in it.

That wasn’t the only thing the place was good for. Many influential people used Rose Garden to hold various social gatherings whether they be parties, reunions, or anything of the sort. It was a perfect place to hold most kinds of social events as the Rose Garden was quite big, being able to host thousands of people, and not to mention, the place was aesthetically pleasing with all the beautiful roses around.

Which was why it wasn’t so strange that tonight’s banquet was held in the Rose Garden.

Tonight, the Rose Garden was off-limits to everyone. The only people who could enter the place were those who got an invitation letter from the fourth prince, in other words, the participants of the Golden Dragon Election.

There were 500 tables all over the garden with each table hosting five people. Currently, there were already more than two thousand people who had arrived. Some already sitting in their respective seats while some were standing around, chatting with their acquaintances. Some were introducing themselves to each other and there were even some flirting around with the opposite sex. With these many people, it was only natural for there to be various types of personalities in tonight’s banquet.

“Man, I thought I wouldn’t be able to participate in the Golden Dragon Election. I’m already thirty years old this year and had I not luckily broken through the Core Formation realm last month, I would’ve been filled with regret!”

“You are indeed quite lucky. I have a friend who had just reach the Core Formation realm, too bad he’s already thirty-one and can no longer participate in the Golden Dragon Election. If it weren't for me and my brother stopping him, he would’ve committed suicide.”

“To be able to participate in the Golden Dragon Election, one must reach the Core Formation realm in thirty years or less. This is the dividing line between genius and average. If you can’t reach Core Formation in thirty years, you are either trash or average, if you can, then you are a genius among your peers.”

“Haha, I couldn’t have said it any better. Here’s a toast for us geniuses!

“That’s right, everyone here in this banquet is all geniuses. Cheers!”

“Cheers!”

“You said it right, cheers!”

While these people were happily talking and toasting, some people who were sitting around a table just across theirs happened to overhear their conversation.

“Haha, what a joke! Did you guys hear what they said?”

“I did. I tried ignoring them but I almost couldn’t hold back my laughter.”

“Genius my ass.”

“Just let them be. Let’s not lower ourselves to their level.”

These people’s voices were quite loud. They naturally gained other people’s attention towards them including the group before.

“You guys, are you talking about us?” one of the guys from the first group asked. He furrowed his brows as he looked at the other group in hostility.

“We were. What, you have a problem?” the guy from the second group said haughtily.

“Excuse me but did we somehow offend you? Can you tell us what we did wrong?”

The people from the second group let out a laugh as they looked at the first group mockingly. More and more people in the garden turned their attention towards them in curiosity, with some wanting to watch a fight break out between the two groups.

“You guys consider yourselves geniuses? Aren’t you ashamed of yourselves?”

“Hahaha, mere idiots that barely made the cut. A thirty years old Core Formation cultivator thinks of himself as a genius? In our eyes, you guys are no different from average people.”

“Truly laughable.”

“Those who had just reached the Core Formation realm at the age of thirty are no different from those who did in thirty-one or thirty-two. You guys barely passed the requirements for the Golden Dragon Election.”

“Even twenty-nine years old is considered late already. You truly think of yourselves too highly.”

The people in the first group fumed as they glared at them for the humiliation they received. There were too many outstanding individuals in this banquet so for them to be embarrassed on an occasion like this made them extremely furious.

They were about to engage the other group in a fight when a sudden announcement rang out.

“Yu Clan’s first son has arrived!”

After hearing that, everyone went silent as they turned their attention towards the entrance. Their expressions were all serious as they waited for the newcomer to come into their view.

A few seconds later, a handsome young man arrived in the place. He looked exceptionally bold and heroic. Despite being watched by everyone, his steps were firm as if he was just leisurely taking a stroll, giving off the impression that he was as free as the wind, someone who was not bound by any mortal shackles. The confidence he gave off made many girls in the garden swoon for him.

“That’s Yu Shan, one of the capital’s three supreme geniuses.”

“His father is the unit commander of the empire right?”

“Be wary of him, he’s one of the biggest contenders for the first place in the Golden Dragon Election.”

“He looks really strong.”

“Hmph, not really. He looks like a wimp.”

Every one started murmuring as they looked at Yu Shan, each of them having a different opinion about him.

World of Terra's Cultivation Realms:

1. Foundation Establishment

2. Spirit Awakening

3. Core Formation

4. Four Transformation

5. Mortal Lord

6. Fate Dominion

7. Sacred King

95