Chapter 55 – Finally Home
2.1k 5 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Xiaxia sure is amazing! How did you know what they were?” Yun Ling asked in astonishment, however, he turned his gaze to Yue Dongmei from the corner of his eyes.

Yun Xia’s mouth opened, realizing her slip up. She covered her mouth with her hand for a moment before smiling at her father innocently.

“Clever girl,” Yun Ling chuckled at his daughter.

“Well, let’s not keep standing around here. Why don’t we continue this inside? There are too many prying eyes here,” Yun Zhan said while looking at a certain building not far away from them. He let out a frown. Someone was spying on them.

There was a person’s silhouette peeking out from one of the windows of the building. The silhouette immediately hid upon noticing the Yun Clan’s clan master looking in his direction.

“Alright.”

Yun Ling nodded as he glanced at that building.

Yun Ling and the rest started heading inside the compound while Yun Zhan stayed behind. One of the Yun Clan’s clan members also stayed back, standing behind Yun Zhan.

“Don’t let him get away. Capture that guy,” Yun Zhan ordered.

“Understood,” the clan member said before his figure disappeared.

“Snow Fang, these are my family. This is my mother, Li Jing…” Yun Ling introduced his family one by one as he gestured towards his mother, grandmother, daughter, etc.

The wolf nodded, keeping their faces and names in mind. These people were his young master’s family, therefore, they were his allies too. He then glanced at his son who was on Yun Xia’s lap, playing with her as the little girl sat beside her father. Snow Fang let out a smile upon seeing that scene.

“This one is a lowlife. You can ignore him all you want,” Yun Ling lazily said as he pointed towards his grandfather.

“Bastard, you sure have grown some guts!” Yun Wei gritted his teeth as he looked at his grandson with hostility.

Ye Lin smacked him in the head and scolded him, “Who do you think are you calling a bastard?! That’s my grandson you’re referring to! And there’s a child here!”

“Bad great-grandpa,” Yun Xia said, frowning. Her grandma and great-grandma told her that only bad people use that word. She wasn’t a bad girl so she wouldn’t use that word ever. She didn’t want her father to dislike her for being a bad girl.

Yun Wei felt as though there was an invisible arrow piercing his heart. He fell on all fours as he muttered, “My great-granddaughter dislikes me, my great-granddaughter dislikes me…”

Yun Ling snorted at the pathetic display his grandfather was making. He turned to his daughter and told her, “Don’t ever become someone like that, Xiaxia.”

“Hmm!” Yun Xia nodded in determination. “I won’t. Bad great-grandpa.”

At this point, Yun Wei was sprawling on the floor, crying animatedly.

The wolf sweated. What a weird family he had gotten into. Especially that middle-aged man. Why was he acting like a child?

“Papa said Papa will give Yun Xia a present if Yun Xia behaves. Papa, Yun Xia was a good girl the whole time. Where is Yun Xia’s present?” Yun Xia asked, looking at him expectantly.

Sweat dripped down on Yun Ling’s temple when he saw that look from his daughter. He had totally forgotten that he had said that before he left for his task. Were it not for Yun Xia bringing it up, he wouldn’t have remembered.

That being the case, he didn’t have a present for her as he was totally engrossed by the Immortal Willow Tree chasing them. Even when they had left the Thousand Mountain Valley, he was just focused on getting away as far as he could from that place. He didn’t have the time and opportunity to get her a present. The act of doing so also slipped his mind.

Yun Ling had a difficult expression on his face as he tried to explain himself, “Ah, you see, Xiaxia, Papa had forgotten to bring a present for Xiaxia. How about this, Papa and Xiaxia will go out tomorrow. Papa will buy whatever it is that Xiaxia likes.”

Yun Xia’s eyes brightened up. That was one of the things she wanted to do since long ago but didn’t have the opportunity to. Now she was looking forward to tomorrow. The only one missing was her mama. It would’ve been more perfect if her mama was together with them.

“Hmm! Papa can’t go back on Papa’s words!” Yun Xia said determinedly. She was totally excited for tomorrow. She didn’t want it to be canceled no matter what.

“Haha, I won’t,” Yun Ling let out a laugh as he ruffled Yun Xia’s hair.

The door suddenly slid open as Yun Zhan came inside with a troubled expression on his face, gaining everyone’s attention.

Yun Zhan let out a sigh. The one he sent after the spy didn’t make it on time. He was quick but the spy was quicker and managed to escape without a trace. The spy also left some traps in the building but luckily, his subordinate was skilled enough to avoid those traps unharmed.

Yun Yi frowned. The one in the building was probably the fourth prince’s spy. He had been there for weeks already yet it was only now that Yun Zhan was able to discover him. For him to slip his guard, he was probably surprised by something, making him vulnerable for a second and allowing Yun Zhan to detect him. Whatever the case was, he had gotten careless.

“By the way, how was your task, Young Master?” Yun Yi asked with a smile.

“It’s a long story, Yun Yi,” Yun Ling said tiredly, recalling what happened in the Thousand Mountain Valley.

Yun Yi could only raise a brow at that. It looked like Yun Ling had met a setback for him to be acting like this. He didn’t ask more since Yun Ling had made it clear in his action that he didn’t want to talk about it for now.

The usually expressionless Yue Dongmei frowned. Earlier, she heard Li Jing say when Yun Ling arrived that his task was at the Thousand Mountain Valley. It was only now that she knew where Yun Ling had gone to.

“It’s already pretty late. Son, you should take a rest for now, you need it,” Yun Zhan said while looking at Yun Ling. They were cultivators and thus didn't really need much sleep. However, he could see that his son was tired. Whatever it was that happened in the Thousand Mountain Valley, it looked like Yun Ling didn’t have it easy.

Yun Ling nodded. “Alright, I could use some rest right now. Xiaxia, do you want to sleep together with Papa?”

“Hmm!”

Yun Ling smiled at her, then he turned towards Yun Zhan. “Father, could I bother you to prepare a room for Snow Fang and his son? They’ll be staying with us from now onwards.”

“I’ll tell the servants to prepare the room next to yours.”

Announcement
Join my discord server so you can read some chapters I didn't publish here. In those chapters, instead of Yun Ling doing his task on his own, he teamed up with the other supreme geniuses

Here is the discord link -> https://discord.gg/hG9BVQjUw8

59