Chapter 56 – Just a Dream
2.1k 4 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Ling had difficulty breathing as he desperately gasped for air. He was in pain. His chest was hurting every time he took a breath. Did he have a punctured lung? This wasn’t the first time he had experienced getting his lung punctured but that didn’t mean it didn’t hurt. He might have experienced it before but he wasn’t used to such pain yet. What was more was that his entire body was sore. He felt like someone had just rammed his body to a very hard surface roughly.

What happened? Why was he injured to this extent? He couldn’t even move his body properly. The most he could do was lift his right pointer finger but that was it. He could also feel extreme heat coming from his surrounding.

Yun Ling opened his eyes with difficulty. He was almost blinded by the sunlight making him quickly narrow his eyes as he looked at his surroundings.

There was huge, blazing fire everywhere burning anything and everything it comes into contact with. Even the ground had melted from the extreme heat of these flames. It was like he was in hell, the place that adults use to scare misbehaving kids into behaving properly. He could even see the silhouettes of people running around and writhing in agony in these flames. There were also badly burnt corpses slowly melting from the flame. He could also faintly hear the sounds of people screaming from the distance but he wasn’t too sure. The sound of the burning fire was too strong as it dominated the other sounds in his surroundings.

The only area which was strangely unharmed by the fire was the place where he laid on. The fire didn’t go past five meters around him. The fire also wasn’t emitting any smoke.

Suddenly, the skies went dark, as though, the sun had suddenly disappeared. Yun Ling looked at the sky as his eyes widened in disbelief. There was a huge palm covering the sky and blocking out the sun as it slowly descended to the ground. It was the most enormous thing Yun Ling had ever seen in his life. With its size, it was like the palm had become another sky.

What kind of being was the owner of that palm? Just its palm alone was enough to cover the sky in total darkness. How huge was that being?

The speed of the huge palm’s descent increased, making the darkness disappear as the huge palm was set ablaze. A hot gale blew down from the sky, extinguishing some of the fire out while the others danced wildly in the air.

“Young Master! You’re alive!”

Yun Ling looked to the side and saw a majestic white wolf running towards him.

It was Snow Fang.

Snow Fang skillfully avoided the flame as he ran towards Yun Ling at a constant speed. In just a few seconds, he reached his side right away.

Yun Ling endured the pain from his chest as he tried to speak out. It was too painful however so he settled on speaking to the wolf through his divine sense, “Snow Fang, what the hell is that?”

He asked, referring to the huge palm in the sky. That thing gave him an oppressive feeling as though it was unstoppable. No force in the world could’ve gone against that huge thing. All that they could do was wait for their death as the huge palm came crashing down from the sky.

However, it wasn’t Snow Fang who answered. Instead of the wolf, he heard an incredibly ancient voice answer him.

“That, child, is none other than a god,” a voice so ancient answered him. With just the voice alone, Yun Ling could tell that the owner of this voice had been through several eras and had gone through a lot in the world. Yun Ling felt that there was nothing that this voice didn’t know.

“That is… a god?” Yun Ling’s eyes constricted considerably. That thing was far superior to the Immortal Willow Tree that he had seen back in the Thousand Mountain Valley.

The ancient voice let out a sigh as it said, “If nothing is done soon, this world will be destroyed by the hands of this god, killing every lifeform in it. How unfortunate. Since time immemorial, the gods had destroyed countless worlds for their own selfish desires. This world will not be any different.”

Yun Ling didn’t doubt his words. In this world which was without a god, how could they go against a real god who had come to destroy their world?

But that begs the question…

What would happen to his mother if this world was destroyed? What about his father? His grandfather and grandmother? Yun Yi and his uncle? His clansmen?

What would happen to Yun Xia?

Yun Ling opened his eyes as he got up from his bed. His eyes were wide open as he panted heavily. He looked around him and found himself in his room. He also found Yun Xia just beside him, sleeping peacefully.

“A dream?” he asked himself, unable to comprehend what happened.

Was that really just a dream? Why did it feel so real? The pain… the emotions… he could feel them in his dream. It was no different from reality.

“Thankfully, it’s just a dream. I wouldn’t know what to do with a god… huh?” Yun Ling frowned as he fell deep in thought.

What was his dream again? This was strange. His dream left a deep impression on him but why couldn’t he remember it in the slightest? What was it? He felt that it was so important, that he shouldn’t forget it. But he couldn’t recall it no matter how hard he tried.

Yun Ling chuckled.

“Forget it. It was just a dream. Whatever it was, it shouldn’t matter… right?”

Though he tried to reassure himself, there was no doubt that he was shaken from whatever it was that he dreamt of. There was a trace of uneasiness in his heart.

Sighing, he carefully got out of bed so he wouldn’t disturb his daughter.

For starters, he should take a shower and go to his father’s study afterward. He’d clear his schedule first so he and Yun Xia could go out later without disturbance.

Announcement
Join my discord server so you can read some chapters I didn't publish here. In those chapters, instead of Yun Ling doing his task on his own, he teamed up with the other supreme geniuses

Here is the discord link -> https://discord.gg/hG9BVQjUw8


World of Terra's Cultivation Realms:

1. Foundation Establishment

2. Spirit Awakening

3. Core Formation

4. Four Transformation

5. Mortal Lord

6. Fate Dominion

7. Sacred King

 

 

48