Chapter 68 – Luo Yutong
1.7k 1 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Suddenly, they heard Snow Fang who was sitting outside the confectionery store loudly growl. Yun Ling looked outside and saw the wolf taking a defensive stance as it looked angrily at the newcomers standing before him.

“That’s the beast, brother! It almost attacked us! We were lucky to be able to run away!” a kid yelled to his brother as he pointed at the wolf.

Yun Ling recognized the kid. He was among one of those who were bullying the poor kids from before. It turned out that the brat had called his brother for help.

And it was not only him, the other bullies were here too along with their brothers.

Yun Ling turned towards the children with him and told them, “You guys stay here. Do not come outside unless I say so. Xiaxia, the same goes for you too.”

The children nodded obediently. As much as they had to, they didn’t want to impose too much on Yun Ling. Yun Xia, on the other hand, frowned. But she obeyed her father in the end.

“Good,” Yun Ling patted the little girl’s head before going outside.

While Yun Ling was talking to his daughter, a huge crowd had gathered outside the confectionery store while looking at the nobles facing a lesser beast. Though they were observing them, they made sure to keep their distance lest they be caught by the crossfire if a fight were to occur between them.

“Brother! You must bring this rabid wolf to justice! How dare that thing try to scare us?”

The kid’s brother looked at the wolf with a frown. Although his younger brother was telling him to attack the wolf, he knew things couldn’t be so simple. How could a lesser beast just be allowed to roam free in the capital? If there was a wild lesser beast that would accidentally find its way here, the guards would’ve attacked it immediately. The fact that the guards didn’t do anything to it meant that this was no wild lesser beast. It was probably owned by someone.

A sword quickly materialized in his hand. Though this wolf might belong to someone, the beast was obviously hostile to them. He had to be prepared in case it attacked them.

“Yutong, what should we do?” one of the other kids' older brother turned to him and asked.

“Draw your swords. Don’t do anything yet but let us be prepared for the beast’s attacks.”

They did what he said and drew their swords. In this way, both sides had reached a stalemate and were merely waiting for the other to make a move.

Snow Fang growled. He could easily crush these humans himself but he didn’t make a move yet. He was waiting for Yun Ling’s command before he attacks first. He might be a beast but he knew some human customs. He must never launch the first attack especially since he was in the human’s territory. If he did so, he would receive the full retaliation of their kind.

“Snow Fang, stand back,” Yun Ling’s voice came out from inside the store, drawing the people’s attention to there.

“Understood,” Snow Fang telepathically said as he retreated a few steps backward and ceased his hostility towards the newcomer.

“That voice,” the leader of the newcomers looked at the store’s entrance with narrowed eyes. He recognized that voice. If he wasn’t mistaken, it should be him.

The door slowly opened revealing an otherworldly beauty wearing a plain white hanfu. With how clean and untainted his clothes were, add into that his exceptional looks, at that moment, Yun Ling seemed like a heavenly deity who had descended into their world.

“It’s him indeed,” the leader’s gaze turned cold when he saw Yun Ling.

Yun Ling was a bit surprised when he saw the brother of one of the kids. It was someone he knew long in the past.

“Well, if it isn’t Luo Yutong. What is your business with my friend here?” Though he was surprised, Yun Ling didn’t show any of it. He looked at Luo Yutong with a cold smile on his face. He found the situation a bit amusing since his old friend was here.

Other people would have easily been frightened off when facing Yun Ling, however, Luo Yutong stood his ground as he looked at him fearlessly.

With a casual tone, Luo Yutong said, “This lesser beast is your friend? Yun Ling, didn’t you know lesser beasts can’t just roam around in the capital? Think of the people will you? What will you do when it attacks someone? Will you take responsibility?”

“My friend here might be a lesser beast but he won’t attack just anyone,” Yun Ling stoically said. Then with a smirk, he added, “he’s smarter than that. He’s smarter than you…”

“Ahh?!” Luo Yutong glared at him while clenching his fist. How dare he say that his intelligence was below this mutt?

“Brother?” his little brother looked at him in worry. It would seem that this beautiful looking man was someone not easy to deal with. Otherwise, his brother would have attacked him right away.

With a pleasant smile, Yun Ling continued, “At the very least, Snow Fang here knows how to pick his fight. He won’t fight someone he knows he doesn’t have a chance of winning unless he is left without a choice. He’s unlike someone here who repeatedly picks a fight with me despite losing to me a dozen times already.”

Luo Yutong gritted his teeth as Yun Ling brought up his past defeats in their conversation. He really hated Yun Ling with all his might.

Yun Ling slowly walked towards him as he began, “Tell me, Luo Yutong. Why do you always keep going after me even though you know you don’t stand a chance? Are you perhaps a masochist?” Yun Ling stopped his steps when he was just beside him. “Do you really enjoy getting beaten up by me that much? Is it pleasurable? Or are you just sick in the head? Hey, tell me will you?”

Yun Ling reached out to his shoulders. When his hand was about to land on his shoulder, Luo Yutong slapped it away.

“I’m glad that you have returned from your task, Yun Ling. Let us settle this in the Golden Dragon Election,” Luo Yutong said with a snort. He then looked towards his little brother and the rest of his companions. “Let’s go!”

Yun Ling only shook his head at him.

“I have too many things to settle with in the Golden Dragon Election, but very well, I will wait for you. Make sure you don’t lose to others before you can face me. That would be too embarrassing otherwise.”

“You don’t have to worry about that. I have grown stronger since the last time I’ve faced you!” Luo Yutong said with a glare before leaving the area.

Announcement
Join my discord server so you can read some chapters I didn't publish here. There are 11 chapters in total.

Here is the discord link -> https://discord.gg/hG9BVQjUw8


World of Terra's Cultivation Realms:

1. Foundation Establishment

2. Spirit Awakening

3. Core Formation

4. Four Transformation

5. Mortal Lord

6. Fate Dominion

7. Sacred King

40