Chapter 69 – Yun Ling’s Old Friend
1.7k 2 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing that no action was going to happen, the crowd was disappointed as they started dispersing.

“You know him, Young Master?” Snow Fang asked as he came to his side. The Lion King Cub who was hiding behind him the whole time showed himself as he followed his father.

“Know him, huh?” Yun Ling muttered as he looked back to the past.

A seven-year-old Yun Ling was walking down the hallways in a cheerful manner. He was going to meet up with his friends and play with them outside after a stressful day of cultivation lessons with his father.

“Young Master,” a female servant bowed upon seeing Yun Ling on his way outside.

Yun Ling saw her bow and nodded his head at her.

Ever since he could remember, Yun Ling noticed that all the servants he came across would always stop what they were doing and bow to him. Even his clansmen, when seeing him, would pay their respects to him whether they were outside or inside the clan compounds.

If he was to speak with any of them, they would usually look at him in awe and respect, or with an unpleasant gaze. He was wondering why some would look at him like that. Many seemed to like him so what was up with those unpleasant gazes?

He shook his head, trying not to think hard about it. He continued walking around, wondering what he and his friends were going to play today.

When he got outside the clan compound, Yun Ling saw his friend who was waiting for him right across their gate.

“Took you long enough!” his friend said with an angry face. Though he had an angry look on his face, Yun Ling knew that his friend was merely acting and wasn’t actually angry at him.

Yun Ling rubbed his head as he laughed sheepishly, “Sorry about that. Father’s lessons were a bit longer than usual today. Anyway, where are the others, Luo Yutong?”

“My old friend,” Yun Ling simply said. Luo Yutong was one of his friends when he was a child. They used to be close until Yun Ling decided to break off his friendship with him.

Seeing that his young master had no intention of elaborating any further, Snow Fang figured that he must have not wanted to talk about it any further so he decided to stop there. It wasn’t like he was totally interested in it anyway. He was just a bit curious.

“Hmm?”

Although most people had already dispersed, there were still some people standing around while looking at them.

“What are you guys looking at?” Yun Ling asked as he directed his gaze at them.

All of them scampered off when Yun Ling confronted them. They might be busybodies but they didn’t want to get in trouble with this young master. It wasn’t worth it. They didn’t have enough lives for it.

Yun Ling merely snorted at them. What a bunch of cowardly fools. However, he had to admit that these people were smart enough to not mess with him unlike some people out there who keep on finding trouble with him despite being beaten black and blue many times by him.

“I’m heading back inside. What about you?” Yun Ling turned to the wolf and asked.

“I’ll just stay here,” the wolf replied with his son purring in agreement.

He let out a nod after hearing their response and went back to the confectionery store where his daughter and the other children were waiting

“Papa, what happened?” Yun Xia asked her father worriedly when he came inside. She saw that there were a lot of people outside just now. Something major must have happened.

“It’s nothing, Xiaxia. There was just a bad guy trying to cause some trouble. Papa already sent them away,” Yun Ling reassured her.

Yun Xia was visibly relieved upon hearing that. So were the other children.

The boy however was not easily convinced. He kept thinking whether those guys came after them or not.

Yun Ling saw the worries on his face and thought of Luo Yutong. That guy would probably interrogate his little brother of all the details leading to the situation earlier. It would then come to light that he and his daughter were helping these children out. Knowing him, Luo Yutong would most likely send people to cause trouble for these children and their families just to spite him.

He was sure of it. Luo Yutong was that kind of person. It wasn’t the first time Yun Ling had seen him do drastic actions for petty things so he really didn’t doubt that he would be able to do something like that. He’d even seen him kill an innocent man in broad daylight when they were just a kid. Of course, nothing happened to him because of his family’s influence. That man’s family however could only grieve in silence.

There was no justice for the weak in this world. Only the strong had such right.

“You,” Yun Ling called the boy out.

“Yes, sir?”

Yun Ling sighed as he rubbed the back of his head. All this hassle started because Yun Xia decided to help them. Maybe if his daughter didn’t help them, everything would end with just some beating and then both parties would forget about it. In the future, the same might happen again but it wouldn’t go so far as involving the other’s families.

However, with Yun Xia’s involvement, everything had become a mess. Now, even Luo Yutong was involved. With his presence, this wouldn’t just end peacefully.

“You seem to be the smartest one of the bunch so you go and take the lead. Tell your friends to go to the Yun Clan and bring their family along. Our clan will take you in,” Yun Ling instructed the boy.

He sighed once again.

The things he’d do for his daughter.

Being a father wasn’t such an easy thing, huh? Now, he felt sorry for all the troubles he had caused for his father. Cleaning after someone’s mess was quite a bit stressful. Though it was troublesome, he really couldn’t blame his daughter for what happened. She was merely acting out of the goodness of her heart. It was a good trait to have in this cruel world.

But the world was just that.

Cruel.

It wasn’t kind to people like his daughter.

“Yun Xia, let’s go get your necklace. It’s almost two hours,” Yun Ling said to his daughter.

“Wait a minute, Papa…” Yun Xia said as she grabbed the storage ring that her papa gave to her, making Yun Ling puzzled.

Yun Ling raised a brow at her.

Seeing the questioning look on her father’s face, Yun Xia told him, “I’m giving my toys to them!”

Announcement
Please consider supporting me on Patreon so I can pay for my college tuition... thank you so much. You can also gain access to 20 advanced chapters if you support me.

Join my discord server so you can read some chapters I didn't publish here. There are 11 chapters in total.
Here is the discord link -> https://discord.gg/hG9BVQjUw8


World of Terra's Cultivation Realms:

1. Foundation Establishment

2. Spirit Awakening

3. Core Formation

4. Four Transformation

5. Mortal Lord

6. Fate Dominion

7. Sacred King

42