Chapter 72 – Three Days Left
1.8k 3 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Four days had passed since Yun Ling gathered the experts of the Yun Clan, the capital had become busier than ever before. In these past few days, the geniuses all over the empire who weren’t able to make an appearance in the banquet had now arrived in the capital. Not only them, but many people all over the World of Terra had also come into the capital to see this decade’s Golden Dragon Election.

“Young Master,” Yun Yi softly called out to take Yun Ling’s attention.

Yun Ling was currently scrutinizing the modified scroll of the Thunder God Flash Supreme Art that Yun Mingyuan gave to him for him to look at. This was the sixth modified version of the supreme art they made but it was a big failure. They hadn’t made any success yet. All attempts either made the supreme art more dangerous or it simply didn’t work.

He took his eyes of the scroll as he turned his attention towards Yun Yi questioningly.

“The crown prince had just come back from his task,” Yun Yi informed him.

“Do you know what happened to his task?” he asked, curious. Yun Ling was a bit bitter because he failed in his task but there really was nothing he could do about that. After all, if it was the emperor himself in his position, the emperor would surely flee when he encounters the Immortal Willow Tree.

The appearance of that immortal was something no one could have expected.

Yun Yi nodded and said, “The crown prince’s task was to kill three important people in the Tong Kingdom: one was the general of the Tong Kingdom, Xu Chen; the other one was the financier of Xu Chen, He Jin; and the last one was the merchant selling illegal weapons to them, Wang Yu. Among them, Xu Chen was the only one in the Four Transformation Realm while He Jin and Wang Yu were merely at the Core Formation Realm. However, each of these two had three protectors at the Four Transformation Realm guarding them from day to night. The crown prince was able to accomplish his task.”

“Tong Kingdom…” Yun Ling frowned. Wasn’t that the kingdom that the crown prince told them about in the banquet? He asked his father later about it and confirmed that the general of the Tong Kingdom was importing illegal weapons and recruiting soldiers in the kingdom. It was certain that they were going to revolt. He then recalled his conversation with his father the night before he left for his task.

“If he’s planning something against the empire, why haven’t you done something about him? Won’t it be easy for the emperor to send some men to kill him?” Yun Ling asked.

Yun Zhan smiled at him, “Who said we haven’t?”

Yun Ling sucked a deep breath. The emperor sure was gutsy. The matter of a general in one of the empire’s subsidiary kingdom trying to cause a rebellion was a matter that should be held of big importance. If it was up to him, he would send his best men to assassinate the general to make sure nothing would go wrong. The emperor, however, didn’t do that. Instead of sending his most powerful men after the general, he made it a task!

“Crown Prince, that bastard, he sure had done quite a meritorious deed to the empire,” Yun Ling smiled.

With the crown prince’s arrival, all of the supreme geniuses of the empire were now in the capital. Among the three, Yun Ling was the first one to arrive, having arrived four days ago. The next one was Yu Shan who had come back to the capital just yesterday. Like the crown prince, he too was successful in his task which was to kill three loose cultivators in the Four Transformation Realm. He did it so splendidly without any scratch on him.

Yun Ling was the only one who didn’t succeed in his task but he didn’t let this fact let him down. After all, if it weren’t for the Immortal Willow Tree’s interference, he would’ve also succeeded in his task.

Though he failed in his task, the emperor told everyone that Yun Ling succeeded and would still be starting two stages ahead of everyone else just like Yu Shan and the crown prince. This was all thanks to his father who went to the emperor and told him what Yun Ling experienced in the Thousand Mountain Valley. What happened was out of their control. There was nothing they could have done about that.

“By the way, how are they?” Yun Ling asked him.

“They are doing well, Young Master. They have already adjusted to life in the clan,” Yun Yi responded.

What Yun Ling was referring to were the children his daughter had helped before along with their families. Yun Ling took in these people and gave them jobs as servants in their clan. The families of these children were rejoiced for being allowed to work under such a huge clan. These people had just started working yet they had already received their salary. What was more was that their salary was more than what they had ever had in a year when they still weren’t working under the Yun Clan.

It was an arrangement that both parties were satisfied with. For those people, they had such a huge salary and the treatment was quite good. The Yun Clan had also benefited from them since they were very hardworking because they had to prove themselves worthy to the clan.

Yun Ling had really been busy these past few days. Not only did he have to check their clan’s experts' progress on modifying the supreme art, but he also had to accompany his daughter since they always went out every day ever since he came back.

His daughter was extremely charitable from what he had observed. Every time they went out when they bought too many unneeded things, Yun Xia would give them all to those who needed them the most. They had already helped a lot of people because of Yun Xia. In just four days, his daughter had already become famous in the capital.

Well, he might have a part with that though. If Yun Xia was just from a normal family, even if she did these things, it wouldn’t have gathered as much attention as it did to her now. However, because she was the daughter of the infamous Yun Ling, she rose to fame very easily since all her actions were in everyone’s eyes. They were watching her very carefully.

“Young Master, have you made your preparations? Only three days are left until the Golden Dragon Election but I never see you cultivating diligently since you were busy these past few days…” Yun Yi started as he looked at him with a smile.

“You don’t have to worry about that Yun Yi, you should worry about yourself more,” Yun Ling replied with a provocative gaze.

Yun Yi let out a small laugh, “I’m truly looking forward to this decade’s Golden Dragon Election. Don’t hold back anything against me, Young Master…”

‘Or else, I might kill you.’

Announcement
Finally! This story has now caught up to the one in royalroad. If you're wondering why I'm updating a lot of chapters every day, it's because Young Master Has a Daughter in scribblehub is actually far behind the one in royalroad. Now, it has finally caught up so starting from now, there will only be 2 chapters every two days to you all. Anyway, that's all.


Please consider supporting me on Patreon so I can pay for my college tuition... You can read 2 chapters daily update from Monday to Friday + 1 side story chapter every Saturday for $3 only. So do consider pledging as it would be a really big help to my education. Thank you so much. Here is the link ->HERE 

Join my discord server so you can read some chapters I didn't publish here. There are 11 chapters in total.
Here is the discord link -> https://discord.gg/hG9BVQjUw8

40