Chapter 90 – Provocation
1.3k 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Ling looked towards the rest of the participants indifferently and said, “If you’re not confident that you can stand up to my gaze, don’t bother going up. You’ll only embarrass yourself.”

Some participants who were thinking of challenging him but were just waiting for others to make a move immediately ceased that thought against Yun Ling in mind. This guy easily beat a late-stage Core Formation cultivator like it was nothing. He practically made him fall down without making a move. They didn’t even understand how he was able to do that even though they were observing him really closely. Facing him was just too terrifying for them.

The three-headed, six-armed guy, named Qing Ge, frowned while looking at Yun Ling. He was confident that he could defeat Yun Ling but he would admit that doing so wouldn’t be easy. Judging from what little he had seen, he mused that Yun Ling still had lots of cards in his sleeve. If he were to fight him, he’d have to go all out and risk his life against him.

He was originally planning on challenging the three supreme geniuses but it turned out they were no pushovers. While he still thought that they didn’t deserve the title of supreme geniuses as that title should only be meant for him, and his races which were the true supreme, he acknowledged their strength.

“He is quite strong,” his left head murmured to himself.

“Fighting him wouldn’t be easy. Not worth it,” his right head said.

His middle head nodded as he told his other two heads, “No need to fight any of them right now. But in the final stage, we’ll go all out.”

The other heads agreed with his decision. That was what he preferred. He shouldn’t needlessly display his strength in this round and he should use as little spiritual energy as necessary because there was still the next stage. It wouldn’t be funny if any weakling could defeat him in the fifth stage just because he fought one of the supreme geniuses and used up all his strength.

“First place is ours.”

“As a supreme, any less is unacceptable.”

While the others were scared of Yun Ling, there was an extremely buff and huge guy inspecting Yun Ling stoically. He was one of the most eye-catching participants in the Golden Dragon Election including the others from his race and the supreme guy with three heads and six arms. He was a titan and among all the titans participating in this competition, he was the biggest.

He looked at one of the titans participating in this competition and signaled him with his head.

The titan didn’t need to be told what to do. He pretty much understood his intentions from just that. With a nod of his head, he went up to the arena and challenged Yun Ling, looking pretty intimidating.

When the participants saw him go up, they were pretty excited. Facing against a titan, Yun Ling would probably have some difficulty right? That was what they initially thought as they focused their attention on Yun Ling.

However, less than three seconds later, that titan was sent flying out of the arena with just a single kick from Yun Ling. He flew over a great distance and crashed into the wall far away behind the rest of the participants.

The majority of the participants were speechless. Here they thought Yun Ling would have a hard time but it was actually the opposite. He finished the fight right away and so easily at that. One couldn’t even call that a fight at all. What happened could be likened to that of a human smacking down a fly. Too overwhelming. Completely one-sided.

“If you’re going to send someone to feel me out, why don’t you send someone much stronger instead of a weakling like this? In fact, why don’t you come up and do it yourself? You’re much stronger than them, right? You might even provide me some good entertainment here.”

The participants heard what Yun Ling had said. They then followed his gaze, curious about who he meant, and ended up looking at the biggest titan in the current Golden Dragon Election. Yun Ling should be talking to this titan.

With the hundreds of participants' attention gathered on him and Yun Ling, the titan looked at the latter in hostility.

Yun Ling narrowed his eyes before letting out a cold smile.

“Or could it be that you’re afraid of me? Is that the reason why you won’t come up? What a letdown. For such a big person, you sure are a big baby.”

Many of those who heard what Yun Ling had said sucked in a cold breath. Yun Ling sure was too bold. How domineering. How insulting. To insult someone in this manner in front of so many people including the audience watching them from the outside, any person would’ve been thoroughly enraged by his words.

“How dare you insult my master! Take that back!” before the titan that Yun Ling was referring to could say anything, another titan yelled as he hopped on the arena.

Yun Ling let out a sigh as he smacked the titan back to the rest of the participants with a slap. The participants immediately got out of the way in panic upon seeing the titan flying at them with great momentum and crashed onto the ground where they had just stood seconds ago. There were three participants who weren’t able to get out of the way on time and got injured when the titan’s body hit them.

The three participants and that titan were then teleported back to the coliseum. They were out of commission and could no longer continue to participate in the competition.

The titan who ordered the first titan to test him out was glaring at Yun Ling hatefully while clenching his fist. His large veins protruded in his arms as he took a deep breath repeatedly, trying to calm himself down.

Yun Ling looked at his right palm and said, “As expected of a titan’s body. My hand had actually turned a little red from slapping him.”

With the amount of force he had used just now from slapping that titan, it would’ve been enough to turn the head of a human who had the same cultivation realm as that titan into a bloody mist. However, that titan was only severely injured with most of his teeth knocked out from his mouth. It only showed just how strong a titan’s corporeal body was.

“Anyway, make sure to keep a good leash on your dog,” Yun Ling said to the titan who was glaring at him. He noticed that the titan was trying his best to hold back his anger against him. There was no way he was going to let this chance slip by. “His owner didn’t even dare let out a bark yet the dog was too daring and actually tried to attack me. Well, I guess that’s to be expected from a rabid dog.”

The participants were speechless. What a ruthless mouth. He sure wasn’t holding his words back against the titan.

“Bastard!” the titan hopped onto the arena much to Yun Ling’s glee.

Finally, a good opponent had come.

Announcement
Please become my patron to help fund my education. You can read 5 chapters ahead of the official release on royalroad which is chapter 97, which means you can read up to chapter 102 with only $1. You can also read 15 chapters ahead plus 2 chapters a day for only $3 so do consider pledging if you have money to spare. There are also other offers that you can check out. Thank you so much.
28