Chapter 95 – Luo Yutong’s Way
1.3k 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Yun Yi killed a participant who had thoughtlessly ran his mouth off, no one initiated a challenge to him anymore. Although he had already been warned not to kill or else he’d be disqualified, they were too intimidated to try. Though it was the participant’s fault for being too talkative, they weren’t really sure if Yun Yi wouldn’t do the same thing to them. They’d rather avoid fighting him just to make sure. There was that saying after all: better be safe than sorry.

As for the nature spirit, he was the one who received a lot of challenges from the participants. Although he was dangerous in his own right, he was the least dangerous one when compared to the likes of Yun Yi and the supreme, Qing Ge. At least the nature spirit hadn’t beaten his opponent to the point they had to be teleported out of the arena so they’d receive immediate medical care nor had he tried to kill any of his opponents yet.

Qing Ge, however, despite his initial domineering display, still got a few confident challengers on his arena. Those participants were beaten beyond recognition after fighting him. They weren’t able to fight back at all. It was just a one-sided beating which was painful to watch for the other participants and the audience in the coliseum.

An hour had passed, Yun Yi, the nature spirit, and Qing Ge had passed the fourth stage and were teleported back to the coliseum much to the other participants’ relief.

With their departure, the leader of the titans in the competition that Yun Ling had beaten up earlier took over an arena while the other participants went to the other arenas.

Luo Yutong frowned. The others sure were fast. He was planning on taking an arena first but the other participants who were currently on the arena beat him to it. He looked at the three arenas calculatingly to decide which one he would challenge. The arena that the titan was on was a no-go. Although the titan was beaten up by Yun Ling, it looked like he had already recovered. Moreover, the titan was obviously not in a good mood. He was raging. It would be dangerous to fight an opponent like that in that state. It just wasn’t worth it when there were easier opponents out there.

After much thought, he went into the last arena and challenged the one defending it. He was able to defeat the defender with ease and took over the arena from his opponent. Unlike the ones who had defended the arenas before like Yun Ling, Yu Shan, the crown prince, and then the nature spirit, Qing Ge, and Yun Yi, he could be considered the weakest. Even so, he was the one who took this stage in a smart way.

Challengers could only come up the arena one at a time so what Luo Yutong did was maim his first challenger and didn’t let him down until the hour was up. That way, the other participants couldn’t challenge him while his first challenger was still up the arena laying helplessly on the ground. That challenger wanted to leave as he felt very humiliated but Luo Yutong was preventing him from doing exactly that.

In that way, an hour had passed with Luo Yutong only having one challenger in his arena.

Yun Yi was currently backstage in the coliseum. He was the only participant there as the other participants who had passed with him were currently looking at the rest of the participants in the moving image. The reason why he was backstage was that he had an appointment with a certain someone.

“Yun Yi,” a familiar face greeted him. It was the person he was waiting for.

It was the fourth prince.

“Fourth Prince,” Yun Yi gave him a slight bow.

The fourth prince smiled at him as he said, “I am very pleased with your performance so far, Yun Yi. It really made me a hundred percent certain that getting you on my side wasn’t a mistake.”

“I’m glad that I was able to meet Fourth Prince’s expectations.”

“What I don’t understand, however, was why did you ally with that nature spirit? I know you are far stronger than him so what benefit does teaming up with him bring you?”

Yun Yi replied right away, “It’s because of his ability, Fourth Prince. His ability will be a big help if the fifth stage of the competition is what I think it’s going to be.”

“Oh.”

The fourth prince nodded. Now he understood Yun Yi’s plans regarding the nature spirit. If the final stage was going to be that, then indeed, the nature spirit’s ability would bring him an enormous advantage in that stage.

“In every Golden Dragon Election starting from the first one until the last one, the final stage would always be a battle royale among the remaining participants. There were only a few differences between those battle royales so they wouldn’t be exactly the same with each other but the essence was still there. Even with those differences, it was still a battle royale. Most likely, the last stage this time wouldn’t be different either.”

Although Yun Yi said that, he couldn’t help but worry. The Golden Dragon Election this time was different from the previous ones. Normally, those Golden Dragon Elections only had three stages in total but this time around, there were five. The last stage might not be a battle royale for all he knew.

“And with the nature spirit’s ability to control nature, you will know where everyone is in the next stage. No one can hide from you with the nature spirit on your side,” the fourth prince explained Yun Yi’s intentions.

“Exactly, fourth prince. I can only hope that the next stage will be held in a place surrounded by nature so I can use his abilities to their full potential. If it is in a city or something similar, well, his abilities won’t be as effective but it will still be useful nonetheless.”

“I see…” the fourth prince nodded his head before asking Yun Yi, “Now then, let’s talk about how we will deal with Yun Ling in the final stage.”

Announcement

A big thanks to Ausner Gentil for the $7 pledge and R BL for her $5 pledge. I really appreciate it. Thank you so much, I didn't think there were still people going to pledge...

Please become my patron to help fund my education if you have money to spare. You can read 10 chapters ahead plus 2 chapters a day for only $1 or 20 chapters ahead plus 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday for only $3. Thank you so much.

Join the discord server to read 2 chapters ahead of the story and 1 side chapter which I had only released just now in discord = https://discord.gg/SdEvS748wG

26