Chapter 96 – Master and Aide’s Conversation Before the Finals
1.3k 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When he was done talking with the fourth prince, Yun Yi was about to go back to where the rest of the participants were when he met someone on his way.

“Yun Yi…”

“Young Master…” Yun Yi muttered with narrowed his eyes.

Why was his young master here? For how long had he been here already? Did he hear his conversation with the fourth prince? If so, how much did he hear? Numerous thoughts suddenly came into his mind after unexpectedly meeting his young master. He thought he was watching the remaining participants in the fourth stage with the other supreme geniuses. When did he even get into this place?

Yun Ling looked at where Yun Yi had come from and questioned him, “You were talking with the fourth prince?”

“What if I was?” Yun Yi responded with a smile. He did his best to maintain his usual expression on his face so he wouldn’t slip anything to him. He knew how sharp his eyes were. Even the minute change in facial expression would reveal many things to him especially since they’ve known each other for a long time already.

“You’re smart Yun Yi. I’m sure you already know this but that prince isn’t up to anything good. I advise you to stay away from him just to be safe. He might be weak but even the weak had their own way of fighting the strong. If he uses his brain properly, he might become a threat to us,” Yun Ling said as he narrowed his eyes in the area behind Yun Yi. There was a shadow there hiding behind the wall. It was eavesdropping on them.

Judging by that shadow’s build and movement, there was only one person Yun Ling knew of that had a lot of similarities to it. It was none other than the fourth prince.

Yun Yi seemed to notice Yun Ling’s gaze and frowned. His young master must’ve noticed something. Was the fourth prince eavesdropping behind them? Why didn’t he leave yet?

“I know what I’m doing, Young Master. You don’t need to be concerned about me,” Yun Yi said as he continued walking ahead, getting Yun Ling’s attention back to him.

Yun Ling stood silently as Yun Yi walked past him.

“Young Master— no, Yun Ling… you should be more concerned about yourself because in the final stage, I will be coming at you with all I’ve got. And like I’ve always said, don’t hold anything back. Show me no mercy since I’ll be doing the same thing.”

“Wait,” Yun Ling turned around as he stopped him.

“Is there something else you wish to say, Yun Ling?” Yun Yi asked indifferently. He was no longer going to call him young master since they were going to be enemies in the next stage. Yun Ling was no longer the master and Yun Yi was no longer the aide. Both of them were opponents aiming for the first place.

“Are you prepared?”

“Prepared for what?”

With a cold smile, Yun Ling said, “To kill me or to get killed by me.”

A pleasant smile came onto Yun Yi’s face as he gave him a response, “I’ve been prepared for that since a long time ago. No need to worry, Yun Ling.”

A frown appeared on Yun Zhan’s face as he looked backstage. He noticed earlier that his nephew had gone in there. Then several minutes later, his son went after him. Until now, both hadn’t come back yet.

Normally, he would’ve turned a blind eye to this, however, the expression those two had on their faces as they went backstage worried him. Those two seemed like they were out for blood or something. He was most especially worried about his nephew since he had just killed a participant in the fourth stage and with the way he was acting after being teleported back to the coliseum, it looked like there was something up with him—no, there was certainly something up with him.

Yun Xia looked at her grandfather as she asked him, “Grandpa, papa looked so cool earlier! But why did he make those people get angry?”

Yun Zhan was speechless as he shifted his attention back to his granddaughter. How was he going to explain what his son did to his granddaughter? With how much his granddaughter adored her father, she would probably try to imitate him if he didn’t explain it to her properly.

He let out a fake cough as he started, “Well you see, I don’t know. Your father probably had his own reasons why he did that. But you must not try to do that by any means. If you make other people angry, they will hate you, and making other people hate you is a bad thing.”

Yun Xia looked at her grandfather as she pouted, “Are you saying Papa is bad because he made those people hate him?”

Sweat dripped down on Yun Zhan’s temple as he quickly followed up, “No, of course not. Anyway, what I mean is…”

He paused as he tried to think about how to explain it best but he couldn’t come up with a good explanation. He looked towards his wife with a pleading face, asking for help.

Li Jing could only sigh at her husband and took over for him. She brought Yun Xia to her lap and spoke a few words to her.

Yun Xia could be seen smiling and nodding as she seriously listened to her grandmother’s words. She would ask her some questions at times to which Li Jing was able to answer immediately. She was able to clear the little girl’s doubt while at the same time, making sure that she wouldn’t try doing what her father did.

Yue Dongmei only stared at Yun Zhan with an unimpressed gaze. Here she thought that the most reliable man in the Yun Clan was him but it turned out he was just like the young miss’ great-grandfather, Yun Wei, albeit to a lesser extent.

It was a good thing that the women in the Yun Clan were reasonable…

As she thought of Yun Ling’s grandmother, she quickly changed her mind.

It was a good thing that the women in the Yun Clan were a bit reasonable and reliable than the men.

Announcement

Hey guys, do consider pledging if you have money to spare. You can read 10 chapters ahead for only $1 plus 2 chapters a day or 20 chapters ahead plus 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday for only $3. Thank you so much.

32