Chapter 133 – The Winner of the Golden Dragon Election
1.1k 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Yun Ling had gone down, Yun Yi fell face-first on the ground.

It had taken it his all just to continue fighting after taking Yun Ling’s final attacks head-on. After that, he desperately wanted to lay down and just go to sleep so he wouldn’t have to endure the pain all over his body anymore. However, he wouldn’t allow himself to do that. He got up. He continued fighting. He wouldn’t stop until he defeated Yun Ling. That was the only thing he wanted. First place, second place, or third place, none of that mattered. He just wanted to defeat Yun Ling with his own hands.

A few seconds later, he could feel himself being transported from the hard and rough ground to something soft and comfortable. He could also hear some people talking to him but their words weren’t registering to his mind. He opened his eyes a bit and hazily saw some figures doing something to his body.

What the heck were they doing?

Where was Yun Ling? What happened to their fight? Who won in the end? These kinds of thoughts went to his mind before he finally blacked out.

“Xiaxia, I can feed myself just fine,” Yun Ling said as he looked at his daughter with a dull look on his face.

It had been three days since the Golden Dragon Election was finished.

He had won…

2nd place that is.

His cousin, Yun Yi, won first place after defeating him.

They both fell unconscious just mere seconds apart but since he was the one who went unconscious first, he was the one who lost their fight. However, if they had to judge the injuries they got as a basis for the winner, then there was no doubt that Yun Yi was the one who lost since he really had suffered a lot of injuries. The cut in his chest that he got was too mild when compared to Yun Yi’s injuries.

Yun Ling let out a sigh.

He really wanted to win first place in the Golden Dragon Election and have one of his requests granted by the emperor.

As for what his request was, he had thought it over before the Golden Dragon Election started. It was to…

“Yun Xia knows that Papa, but please let Yun Xia feed you. Yun Xia always wanted to do something like this,” Yun Xia pouted as she put a grape in Yun Ling’s mouth.

Yun Ling no longer protested and obediently ate the grape.

Originally, he planned on having the emperor give him cultivation resources for Yun Xia so he could give her the best foundation for her cultivation journey. It would make cultivation much easier and faster for her that way. It was too bad that he lost. Now, he had to find another way to get resources for Yun Xia since he wouldn’t settle for less when it comes to cultivation for his daughter… or anything for that matter.

“Papa, are you okay now? Does it still hurt?” Yun Xia asked him about his injury. Rarely would the girl use ‘you’ when she refers to him but now she unconsciously did because of her genuine concern for him.

“I’m fine. It’s not hurting as much anymore,” Yun Ling said and moved his body to emphasize his point, only to grimace in pain. He immediately took on a poker face so he wouldn’t worry his daughter too much. “See?”

Yun Xia smiled, not finding anything wrong with his acting. She was just glad that his injury was getting better.

Yun Ling’s eyebrow twitched as he thought, ‘Damn you, Yun Yi.’

‘Damn you, Yun Ling,’ Yun Yi thought in mind as he kept staring at the ceiling.

He was hurting all over. His body was wrapped in bandages to the point that he looked like a mummy. He couldn’t even move because of how severe his injuries were. Even while being treated by the emperor’s best physicians, they estimated it would take at least one month before he could recover.

He really felt like shit.

“How are you holding up?” he heard a voice coming from the door.

He looked at the door.

“Clan Master,” he greeted when he saw Yun Zhan. He tried to get up but couldn’t do so in the end because of how painful it was.

“Just stay down. Don’t push yourself. His Highness’ physicians told me just how bad your current condition is,” Yun Zhan said as he sat on the chair just beside Yun Yi’s bed. “So, how are you feeling right now?”

Yun Yi shifted his gaze at the ceiling and said, “I feel like shit.”

Yun Zhan laughed at that.

“I imagine so. But if I am the one in your place, I will probably feel more than just shitty alone.”

“Clan Master, what did you come here for?” Yun Yi asked. For Yun Zhan to come here, he must’ve something he wanted to say to him.

He just smiled at that.

“Can’t I come here to see how my dear nephew is doing? I’ve already visited Ling'er and he will be out of the bed soon.”

“Right…” Yun Yi rolled his eyes at him.

“Actually, I came here to tell you just how proud I am of you, and Ling'er. You’ve made me, and the Yun Clan proud.”

Yun Yi looked at him, and slowly asked, “Aren’t you disappointed that I won instead of Yun Ling?”

“Of course, not.”

Yun Yi looked at him in surprise.

“Why not?”

“Whether you or my son wins, I am already satisfied. Besides, I think it was a good thing that he lost. He had always been full of himself since he had never been defeated by someone in his generation before. This loss would humble him a bit and become a lesson for him, one that he could use to better himself in the future,” Yun Zhan said genuinely.

“I see…” Yun Yi didn’t know what to say. He thought Yun Zhan would feel a bit disappointed that it was him who won and not Yun Ling. Now that he knew that Yun Zhan wasn’t disappointed, he was at a loss for words.

“Congratulations for winning the Golden Dragon Election, Yi’er. I’m sure your father will be proud once he learns of this,” Yun Zhan said to him with a smile on his face.

Yun Yi let out a smile as well.

“Thank you, uncle.”

Announcement
For $1, you can read 20 chapters ahead of the official release; for $3, you can read 35 chapters; for $5, you can read 50+ chapters plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; and as for $7, you can read 70+ chapters and get 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday
 
22