Chapter 143 – Father and Mother’s Conversation
1.7k 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Zhan’s heart shook when he heard what the woman in front of Yun Ling said.

That woman was Yun Xia’s mother? The one that they had been looking for more than a month now?

Upon finding that out, his spiritual energy unconsciously fluctuated because of his unstable emotion, alerting both the woman and the one covered in dark robe towards his location.

“Shit!” he cursed out before he quickly stabilized both his emotion and spiritual energy. That was careless of him. No matter how shocked he was because of what he had heard, he shouldn’t have let his guard down and let it affect his emotions that much. Now, those people knew that he was there.

“Princess, someone is eavesdropping on us,” the one covered in dark robe said as he moved closer towards her. He gathered some spiritual energy on his hands as he planned on using a supreme art to deal with the one eavesdropping on them

“Stop! We must not gather any unnecessary attention here!” the woman said and immediately stopped him before he could launch an attack. She knew how powerful her companion was. If he were to attack, it would surely cause a huge commotion, alerting everyone inside the capital to their location. As much as possible, she didn’t want anyone to know where they were.

The one covered in the dark robe immediately stopped his actions.

“As you wish, Princess,” he said, and stayed his hands.

While this was happening, Yun Ling stared wide-eyed at the woman in front of him, unable to gather his words. Who would’ve expected that in this supposedly normal night of his, especially when he was about to go to sleep, he would meet Yun Xia’s mother out of nowhere just like this! Out of all things that he thought of while coming into this place, this certainly wasn’t one of them.

“You are… my daughter’s mother?” he asked after finally finding his voice.

The woman gently smiled at him.

“It has been a while, Yun Ling… though I doubt you still remember me.”

Yun Ling furrowed his brows.

“No, I don’t. Who are you?”

If this woman was indeed Yun Xia’s mother, then she should be the one that he had slept with in the past. However, he couldn’t recognize her at all. Even if he was drunk off his ass, he should’ve been able to at least feel some familiarity with her.

Since he felt none of that with her, it made him think that maybe she was lying… maybe she was one of those people who came into their clan for status and money. But she shouldn’t be after their money since she looked wealthy herself.

So, what was she after if not his clan’s fame and wealth?

It probably had something to do with the fact that he was a Divine Being.

Since his status as a Divine Being had been revealed, many people came into their clan who wanted to befriend him or form a relationship with him. All of them had been turned away by his father and the rest of his clansmen but that didn’t deter the others to keep going into their clan.

Could these two be like those people as well?

“You’re lying. Do you have any proof that you are my daughter’s mother?” Yun Ling asked as he narrowed his eyes at her.

“Our daughter is my proof. What more do you want?” she answered as she rolled her eyes at him. Then, she thought of something as she let out a mischievous smile, and added, “Oh, and I know you have a diamond-shaped birthmark above your tailbone.”

Yun Ling’s eye twitched.

‘How does she know that? Unless…’ he started thinking that maybe, she was indeed Yun Xia’s mother.

The one covered in dark robe suddenly said to the woman, “Princess, I sense some people coming here. We should leave now.”

The woman frowned but nodded. She was a bit dissatisfied since she didn’t have enough time to talk to Yun Ling but at least, she was able to see him again after so long.

She looked at Yun Ling with a gentle look on her face, and said, “I have to leave now. See you again, Yun Ling.”

After saying that, their body started fading out of existence.

“Wait! Who are you really?” Yun Ling said as he reached out his hand towards her, however, he touched nothing but thin air.

“Take care of yourself,” the woman said with a smile. “And make sure to leave this place as far away as you can. A big war will occur in this world sooner or later for the possession of one of the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasures of the universe.”

“W-What?!”

It was as if a big bomb had been dropped down on Yun Ling when he heard that. What she said just now was more shocking to him than the revelation that she was Yun Xia’s mother.

“Wait! What do you mean by that?!” he asked but the two had already disappeared, leaving nothing behind.

A second later, he felt his father’s presence from behind him.

“They are gone,” Yun Zhan said with a grim look on his face. He heard what the mysterious woman said in the end.

Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasures!

Yun Ling looked at his father with a complicated look on his face.

His supposedly ordinary night was no longer ordinary. Far from that in fact.

On this night alone, he met Yun Xia’s mother. Then, she told him about the war for one of the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasure that might occur in this world.

Any of these two were big news to him. The fact that he knew of these two together was just too much for him.

He pinched the bridge of his nose.

“My head hurts, Father,” he said with an exhausted voice.

“So does mine, son,” Yun Zhan said with a similarly exhausted voice.

Suddenly, three people arrived in the alley.

It was Yun Wei, Yun Cang, and Yun Mingyuan.

“Grandfather, Uncle, Senior Yun Minyuan, what are you three doing here?” Yun Ling asked. “Also Uncle, when did you arrive?”

The last time he knew, his uncle was still on his way to the capital from the New Dawn Country along with his younger brother, Yun Feng. The fact that his uncle was already here meant that his younger brother had arrived too.

Yun Wei looked at Yun Ling and Yun Zhan. Before he could say anything, Yun Zhan started talking first, “Father, there’s something I need to tell you.”

Announcement
Hey guys! Do consider pledging if you have money to spare! For $1, you can read 20 chapters ahead of the official release plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $3, you can read 35 chapters and also 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $5, you can read 70+ chapters plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; and as for $7, you can read 90+ chapters and get 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday!
20