Chapter 146 – Sudden Twist
998 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yue Dongmei was sleeping then when she heard a knock on her door, waking her up. As a cultivator with a fairly high cultivation realm, she had far superior senses than mortals so even though it was just a light knock, it was already enough to wake her up.

She got up from her bed wearing only her nightdress as she came to open the door only to see Yun Ling and his… if she wasn’t mistaken, it was Yun Ling’s little brother. She knew that it was his little brother since she had investigated the Yun Clan before she even came here. This was the first time she had seen him upfront though since she was only observing him from a distance before when she was investigating their clan.

Yun Ling’s eyes traveled from head to toe when he saw Yue Dongmei wearing a quite revealing dress with her see-through nightdress. He could even see her black underwear, giving him some wild thoughts in his mind.

Without further ado, he secretly chanted some mantras in his mind as he calmly turned his gaze from her body towards her eyes.

“What do you want?” Yue Dongmei coolly asked. It was rare for Yun Ling to wake her up at this time. It was already past midnight. Whatever it was that he wanted from her, it must be pretty important since he couldn’t wait until daylight to get her.

Before Yun Ling could say something, Yun Feng peeked out from behind him as he ogled the woman in front of him. The woman in front of her was beautiful, not to mention, she had a great body too. She was perfect in terms of appearance alone.

“Eh… Big Bro… is this my niece’s mother?” he said, having a hard time trying to look away from the woman in front of him.

“No, she’s not,” Yun Ling said with a straight look on his face...

“Whoa, seriously? She’s like, hot! You must have already laid your hands on her, right? Is she your mistress then? Amazing!”

Yun Ling’s eyes were twitching at this point as he kept listening to Yun Feng blabber on and on nonstop. He finally had enough.

BANG!

“That fucking hurts!” Yun Feng cried out right after Yun Ling roughly smacked him on top of his head.

Yun Ling didn’t say anything. He merely looked at his little brother coldly, making him break out in cold sweat.

“I’m sorry, Big Brother,” Yun Feng bowed his head as he said his apology. Whenever Yun Ling looked at him like that, it meant that he was no longer in the mood for jokes or anything of that kind. Truth be told, he always got afraid every time Yun Ling gave him that look. He might be his big brother who would always put up with his antics but he would turn strict if he had to.

Yun Ling merely nodded at Yun Feng before turning his attention back to Yue Dongmei.

“You go change first. We’ll wait here for you outside,” Yun Ling said with a tone that wouldn’t allow no for an answer.

Yue Dongmei looked down and noticed that she was still in her nightdress. A faint blush suddenly appeared on her stoic face.

So that was why those two scoundrels were giving her some weird looks. She couldn’t believe she allowed those two to see her like that. She had been too used to dressing like that back in her home and there really weren’t that many people who would come to disturb her when she was sleeping. It was only her mistress. That was why she didn’t have her guard up when Yun Ling knocked on her door. She had almost forgotten that she wasn’t in her home anymore but the Yun Clan.

She gave an icy stare to both Yun Ling and Yun Feng before closing the door right in their faces.

Yun Ling might have hidden it well but at the beginning, she noticed his eyes traveling around her body. Then Yun Feng too… he was way too obvious.

After she had changed her clothes, she came outside with a stoic look on her face.

“What do you want?” she asked Yun Ling.

Yun Ling narrowed his eyes at her.

“I met Yun Xia’s mother earlier,” he said while looking at her intently, observing her every action.

Yue Dongmei’s brows jumped a bit.

Her mistress had shown herself to Yun Ling? What was her reason for doing so? Why didn’t she tell her first about it?

“And?” she kept her composure as she asked that.

“Tell me the truth. Who are you people really? You guys are from the upper realm, right? What exactly are you doing here?" Yun Ling asked as he looked at her in the eyes steadily.

“Why do you think we’re from the upper realm?” she tried to play dumb.

“Please… all the signs are there. It’s pretty obvious that you and Xiaxia came from the Ethereal Realm,” Yun Ling said dryly. “I’m glad that you came here since I was able to meet my daughter. But how did you manage to come here? People from the Ethereal Realm couldn’t come into this world using The Gate. That means, you must have some special method that allowed you to come here without the use of The Gate…”

Yue Dongmei let out a sigh. It was pointless to continue playing dumb after he said all that.

“That’s highly classified information. I can’t say.”

“Then tell me more about this war that might happen in this world. The war that involves one of the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasures…”

Yue Dongmei’s eyes widened. How did he know about that? Did her mistress tell him that too? If she did, then why? She couldn’t understand. This wasn’t in their plan.

“I can’t say. That’s highly classified information.”

Yun Ling’s eye twitched.

“If you can’t tell me that, fine. At least tell me who exactly is Yun Xia’s mother.”

“I don’t have my mistress’ permission. I can’t say.”

Yun Ling clenched his fist. He was so close to losing his temper.

“Then tell me everything that you can tell me. Tell me something that isn’t classified or something,” Yun Ling said with an eerily calm voice.

Yue Dongmei remained silent.

On the side, Yun Feng didn’t say anything since he felt it wasn’t his place to get involved with these two. He merely stood at the side while listening to them.

“Before, I told you that I will wait until you can trust me and tell me everything out of your own volition…” Yun Ling started. “Can’t you still trust us until now that we won’t let Yun Xia be exposed to any harm? Can’t you trust me to keep her safe?”

“I do…” Yue Dongmei said with a sigh. After observing Yun Ling and the Yun Clan for a while, she knew that they would protect Yun Xia.

“Then why?”

“Things have changed,” Yue Dongmei said.

“What changed?” Yun Ling narrowed his eyes at her.

Yue Dongmei went silent for a few seconds. Then, she said after much hesitation, “It is because of my mistress’ companion. He—”

Her eyes suddenly widened as she spat out blood. She fell forward within Yun Ling’s arms while she grabbed his sleeve to break her fall.

“Big Brother, this…!” Yun Feng called out worriedly.

“M-Mistress’ companion… i-is a very… dangerous… i-individual,” she forced those words out while spitting out blood.

Yun Ling’s face went dark.

He understood what was happening to her.

“I understand. You don’t have to say anything anymore.”

Yue Dongmei looked like she still wanted to say something, however, she finally fainted before she could do so.

Announcement
Hey guys! Do consider pledging if you have money to spare! For $1, you can read 20 chapters ahead of the official release plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $3, you can read 35 chapters and also 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $5, you can read 70+ chapters plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; and as for $7, you can read 90+ chapters and get 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday!
18