Chapter 149 – The Apple Doesn’t Fall Far From the Tree
799 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Yun Zhan, you are as bold as ever,” a huge guy came to meet him and said.

Yun Ling looked at the newcomer from behind.

With just a single look, he knew that the newcomer was quite strong. Even though he was just standing and not doing anything, he could feel some oppressive aura that he was unconsciously emanating as a Sacred King.

It was a unique trait shared by all Sacred Kings. They would unconsciously emit that oppressive aura to their surroundings, showing the aura of a king.

Truth be told, it had been a while since Yun Ling felt that oppressive aura from someone. His father, grandfather, uncle, and several other people in their clan might be Sacred Kings but he was already used to their aura since he was young. He really didn’t feel anything from them anymore.

Not even a tiny bit.

Moreover, ordinary Sacred Kings could also not give him that oppressing feeling anymore after he had stepped foot into the Four Transformation Realm. Now that he was at the Late Stage of the Mortal Lord Realm and just a few steps away from the Fate Dominion Realm, his resistance towards their auras had grown even stronger. The fact that he was feeling a little oppression from that guy meant that he was far stronger than the average Sacred King. He wasn’t someone to take lightly.

“Song Tianxing, you’re still alive you bastard,” Yun Zhan said with a cocky smile on his face as he greeted the newcomer.

The one named Song Tianxing snorted at him before he laid his eyes on Yun Cang.

“You’re here as well, Yun Cang.”

“Of course, I am. If a loser like you can become a Sacred King, then how much more, me?” Yun Cang said proudly as he looked down on him.

Song Tianxing gritted his teeth while the veins in his temple bulged. He glared at both Yun Zhan and Yun Cang with a hateful expression on his face.

“Good, good, good. It’s good to see you two are the same as ever. It will make crushing you more satisfying for me.”

Yun Zhan gave him a look of disdain.

“You couldn’t beat any of us in the past when you were a realm ahead of us. Now that we are at the same realm, you have even less chance of beating us in a fair fight,” Yun Zhan said, not really bothered with his threat.

The Song Clan and the Yun Clan were political enemies, so he had no reservation acting that way towards Song Tianxing. In fact, he was hoping that Song Tianxing would get riled up and attack them first so he would have some justification to teach him a lesson.

While Song Tianxing was talking to Yun Zhan and Yun Cang, an old, hearty laugh reached Yun Wei’s ears.

“Hohoho, the youngsters sure are having fun, wouldn’t you say so, Yun Wei?”

Yun Wei looked at the side and saw a huge old man walking towards him.

“Old fart Song Xingxing,” Yun Wei said as he held his head high. “While my brats could still be considered youngsters, your brat certainly could no longer be considered as one. What is he? He is ninety-three years old for fuck’s sake if I’m not mistaken. He’s almost my age. Isn’t it quite shameless to still think of him as a youngster?”

Both Yun Zhan and Yun Cang were less than sixty years old. They might be Sacred Kings but as Sacred Kings, they were quite young. Most of the Sacred Kings in the empire were around eighty to hundreds of years old. The fact that these two reached that realm in less than sixty years showed just how talented they were.

Song Xinxing’s brows twitched as he gave Yun Wei a displeased look.

“You better watch your words or else…”

Yun Wei snorted at him.

“Or else what? Don’t lecture me just because you are a hundred years older than me, Song Xingxing. You might be twice as old as me but I’m still stronger than you.”

“Hooh? Stronger than me you say? How arrogant of you to say that.”

“Do you want some proof?” Yun Wei said as he clenched and raised his fist.

Yun Ling just stared at them with a dull look on his face as he continued ahead, leaving the eight Sacred Kings of their clan behind who were waiting for Yun Zhan, Yun Cang, and Yun Wei.

“Heh, the apple sure doesn’t fall far from the tree.”

Yun Ling heard a familiar voice as he turned towards the source.

It was Yu Shan.

Yu Shan threw something at him which he caught effortlessly. He looked at his hand to see what it was that Yu Shan threw at him.

Yun Ling was unimpressed at what he saw as he looked at Yu Shan dryly.

“Really?”

“Really…”

Yun Ling no longer said anything as he took a bite of the apple that Yu Shan threw at him.

“So, where is Yun Yi?” Yu Shan asked as he joined Yun Ling in his walk.

He was feeling out of place in the Rose Garden since everyone there was mostly Sacred Kings. In the Rose Garden, only the top ten of the Golden Dragon Election was probably not at the Sacred King Realm that was why he followed Yun Ling.

“He’s probably still resting. The injuries he suffered had not yet healed after all,” Yun Ling responded, not minding that Yu Shan followed him.

“Did you just say that my injuries hadn’t healed yet?”

Yun Ling heard another familiar voice… a very familiar voice that made his brows twitch.

“Young Master, I’m a bit sad that you didn’t know that I’ve already recovered,” Yun Yi said with a pleasant smile on his face.

Yun Ling looked at him.

Didn’t the emperor’s physicians say that it would take him at least a month before he could recover? It hadn’t even been a month yet, but Yun Yi already looked fine. He didn’t even have any wound or scar anymore. He was as good as he had been just before the Golden Dragon Election started.

“You guys forgot about me so I had to hitch a ride with Ash Wood here,” Yun Yi said as he pointed at the nature spirit whom he had cooperated with during the Golden Dragon Election.

Ash Wood went forward and shook both Yun Ling and Yu Shan’s hands. He was in third place in the competition so it made sense why he was there.

Announcement
Hey guys! Do consider pledging if you have money to spare! For $1, you can read 25 chapters ahead of the official release plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays!
13