Chapter 152 – The Request
648 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Before we finish off, it is time to give the top ten of the Golden Dragon Election their rewards,” the emperor said as he focused his gaze on the seats where the top ten of the Golden Dragon Election had gathered.

Everyone in the vicinity turned their attention towards them. Though they might be Sacred Kings, the rewards of the Golden Dragon Election were something that would make even people of their status envious. Especially the first place of the Golden Dragon Election.

In the past, they had also participated in the Golden Dragon Elections themselves in their generation. They could say without a doubt that the reward that they got in the Golden Dragon Election was a tremendous help in getting to where they were today. Without those rewards, it would’ve taken them twice as hard to reach the Sacred King Realm.

Yun Ling raised a brow at that. It would seem that the reason why they were also summoned in this meeting of Sacred Kings was that the emperor was finally giving out their reward.

Jing Man and He Yin who was both the ninth and the tenth placer of the competition were visibly excited. They had been waiting for their rewards for a while already so they were quite ecstatic when they heard the emperor say that. As for their leader in the competition, Luo Yutong, he was in a good mood.

The seventh and sixth placer, Leo Lorenzi and Oliver Lorenzi didn’t even flinch even after hearing that good news. The people around them also had no idea what kind of expressions they have since their faces were covered in their full metal armor.

Yu Shan, who was the fifth placer, merely closed his eyes. Though if one paid attention to him, they would have easily noticed the slight smile he had on his face.

Next to Yu Shan was the fourth placer, the crown prince. The crown prince had no reaction on his face as he looked at his father seriously. He already knew that his father was giving them their rewards in the meeting so he really wasn’t surprised.

The third placer, Ash Wood, had a smirk on his face. He was thankful to Yun Yi because if not for him, he probably wouldn’t have gotten a third place at all especially with monsters in the competition who were just below him in placement like the crown prince and Yu Shan. Then an there was also an even stronger monster than them who was just above him. It was Yun Ling.

Yun Ling let out a smile as he looked at the people around him and elegantly waved his hand. He was a bit disappointed that he only got second place. However, since the one who got the first place was his cousin, Yun Yi, he was fine with the results. He would’ve preferred that he won though so he could request some cultivation resources from the emperor for his daughter’s cultivation journey.

The winner of the Golden Dragon Election, Yun Yi, smiled upon hearing the emperor say that.

“First of all, I gave my word that whoever got the first place of the competition would also get one request from me”—the emperor started—“Yun Clan’s Yun Yi… do you have any request you want to ask of me? I promise I will do my best to fulfill your request to the best of my abilities.”

Everyone inside the Rose Garden set their gazes on Yun Yi enviously. Even the Sacred Kings couldn’t help but be jealous of the fortune that he got. They might be Sacred Kings just like the emperor but their wealth and power were nowhere near to the power that the emperor held in his hands.

“My request, huh?” Yun Yi muttered to himself as he fell deep in thought. He had already decided what request he would ask from the emperor since a while ago. When he was bedridden after his fight with Yun Ling, he had thought it through. Nevertheless, there was still some hesitation within him as he thought whether he should go ahead and request ‘that’ from the emperor, or should he request something else.

“There is no need to rush. Take your time thinking about what you want to ask from me,” the emperor said.

Yun Yi looked at Yun Ling who looked back and raised a brow at him. After that, he turned towards the emperor and said, “I have already decided what I want.”

The emperor smiled at him.

“What is it?”

With a determined look on Yun Yi’s face, he answered, “Give my niece, my Young Master’s daughter, the same amount of resources that you will give to me, the first placer of the competition.”

Yun Ling’s eyes widened as he glanced at his cousin in surprise.

“Yun Yi, you…”

Not only Yun Ling but even the rest of the people in the Rose Garden also looked at him in shock.

That was a once in a blue moon request that he could ask from the emperor, and out of all things that he could ask for, he requested that? Moreover, that request wasn’t for his own sake but for someone else. He wasn’t going to benefit from that request at all.

The emperor raised a brow at him.

“Are you sure that’s your request? I will give you one last chance. After that, you cannot take it back.”

“I am sure, Your Majesty,” Yun Yi said. “Please give my niece the same amount of resources that you will give to me.”

“Very well… consider that request… granted,” the emperor said as he nodded his head.

“Yun Yi… why did you make that request?” Yun Ling asked Yun Yi in curiosity after the emperor stopped talking to him. Yun Yi could’ve asked for requests which he would benefit from but he didn’t. The rare chance that he could ask the emperor a request had been used just like that.

Yun Ling was happy that Yun Yi requested that from the emperor since it would be a huge help to his daughter, but in the end, he couldn’t understand why Yun Yi did that.

“Don’t get me wrong, Young Master. I didn’t do this for you… I did this for myself,” Yun Yi said as he looked away from Yun Ling before he could see the grim look on his face.

What he was doing was merely alleviate the guilt that he felt in his heart even if it was just a little bit for what he was going to do was something that a Yun shouldn’t do to a fellow Yun. And Yun Xia… she was undoubtedly a part of the Yun Clan.

10