Chapter 156 – Baptism
621 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Ling, Yun Zhan, Yun Cang, and Yun Wei, looked at their clan’s alchemist who was putting some spiritual herbs inside a huge cauldron with boiling water.

“The next is the 100-year-old Blood Moon Flower,” the alchemist said.

His assistant immediately handed him a red flower. The alchemist extracted the essence of the red flower and placed the essence inside the cauldron which increased the intensity of the water’s heat.

At the side, Yun Xia and her friends looked at the cauldron nervously.

“Papa…” Yun Xia gave her father a pitiful look.

Yun Ling merely smiled at her.

“Don’t worry, Xiaxia. Despite how it looks, it’s not going to hurt you,” Yun Ling said gently, trying to ease the little girl’s worries out.

“Young Master…” the alchemist called him as he looked at Yun Ling, giving him a signal.

Yun Ling nodded and said, “Remove your clothes and go inside the cauldron, Xiaxia.”

Yun Xia didn’t complain. She removed her clothes as she walked towards the cauldron nervously. Although she trusted that it wouldn’t hurt just like what her father said, she couldn’t help but feel nervous.

She hesitated for a few seconds before finally gathering courage. She climbed up the cauldron using the stairs prepared for them and submerged her body in the boiling water.

She closed her eyes and bit her lips, unconsciously expecting the boiling water to hurt. However, she was surprised that it didn’t hurt at all. She looked at her father in amazement who only nodded at her.

“It didn’t hurt, right?” Yun Ling said.

“Hmm!” Yun Xia nodded in agreement.

Yun Zhan came towards Yun Ling’s side, followed by Yun Cang and Yun Wei, who were observing Yun Xia in interest.

“After all the precious herbs that we used… of course, it wouldn’t hurt,” Yun Zhan said in slight heartache.

The spiritual herbs that the alchemist threw inside that cauldron were something that would make many incredibly wealthy people uncomfortable. Yun Ling had really gone all out by providing Yun Xia the best herbs that he could get for Yun Xia’s cultivation baptism.

Baptism was something parents had to do to prepare their children for cultivation. Just like what Yun Ling had done, they would bathe the child in boiling water filled with precious spiritual herbs to either widen the child’s spiritual veins, to increase their maximum potential, and to improve the child’s constitution so it would be more suitable for cultivation.

Since Yun Ling had only used the best spiritual herbs in their clan’s arsenal, add to that the resources that the emperor gave to Yun Yi for his request which was later handed out to Yun Ling for Yun Xia…

Yun Xia’s cultivation journey would be much smoother than other children her age.

When Yun Xia entered the cauldron, the alchemist waited for one minute before adding more spiritual herbs inside the cauldron.

“What is this, Papa? Yun Xia feels really comfortable,” Yun Xia said as she looked at the water in awe.

Yun Cang’s eyebrows twitched.

When their father, Yun Wei, baptized him and Yun Zhan, the process was far from comfortable. It was downright painful and torturous for them. They wanted nothing but to get out of the cauldron so they wouldn’t suffer any second longer. Even his son, Yun Yi, his nephews, Yun Hui, Yun Ling, and Yun Feng felt the same pain as they did. In fact, he could say that his son and his nephew’s baptisms were more painful than theirs...

The only reason why Yun Xia didn’t feel pain and actually felt comfortable was due to the help of some special spiritual herbs that the alchemist added earlier. That certain spiritual herb was really expensive and wasn’t something that would help improve the children’s constitution. One could say that it was just a waste of money as the effects would still be the same whether it was added or not.

One could even say that Yun Ling was spoiling Yun Xia because he wasted a lot of money just to get that herb! It cost fifteen thousand spirit stones after all.

“Yun Xia, close your eyes and try to meditate just like how I taught you to,” Yun Ling said.

The little girl nodded her head and immediately tried to do what her father instructed her. She recalled what her father taught to her in the past few days on how to meditate properly and did exactly that. Soon, her body began absorbing the properties inside the boiling water.

Yun Wei had a pleased expression on his face. The rate at which Yun Xia absorbed the spiritual properties in the water was something to be proud of. It was more than above average. In fact, it was much faster than Yun Hui, Yun Yi, and Yun Feng’s rate of absorption, though she still fell short of Yun Ling. That was to be expected though since his grandson, Yun Ling, was a freak of nature. Yun Xia wasn’t a Divine Being so comparing her to Yun Ling, who was a Divine Being, was something only a fool would do.

The boy, who was Yun Xia’s friend, looked at Yun Ling curiously and asked, “Young Master, I heard that most people use a lesser beast’s blood and golden core for their baptism. Why are we using spiritual herbs instead of that?”

Yun Ling smiled at him.

“Good question. Ordinary people use lesser beast’s blood since it is easier to get compared to these precious spiritual herbs. A lesser beast’s blood and golden core only cost ten spirit stones depending on what lesser beast it is. The greater the lesser beast’s species is in the hierarchy, so is its value. So even though the common lesser beast’s value is only ten spirit stones, it might rise to hundreds if it has a high cultivation realm or its species is higher up in the hierarchy. On the other hand, these spiritual herbs cost around hundreds to thousands, and even tens of thousands of spirit stones,” Yun Ling explained. “Now, do you understand why most people use lesser beasts? It’s because they cannot afford it.”

The boy nodded in understanding.

“Then, why are we not using lesser beasts instead of this? We can save more money if we use lesser beasts, right?” he asked.

“Because if we use a lesser beast, you will only get as far as the lesser beast’s potential will allow you. For example, if you use a lesser beast with the potential to only reach the Core Formation Realm, then you will also only reach that realm. By some miracle, you might be able to reach the Four Transformation Realm,” Yun Ling said. “That’s why instead of using lesser beasts, we will use spiritual herbs instead. We have already tested your potentials… all of you will go far in the future if nothing went wrong. I won’t say who it is but the weakest among you have the potential to get into the Mortal Lord Realm. Worry not, your potential will be increased with the spiritual herbs. You might even get past the Sacred King Realm if you head over to the Ethereal Realm and cultivate.”

“If we use a lesser beast’s blood and golden core though, and if that lesser beast only had the potential to reach the Four Transformation Realm, then even if you have the potential to get into the Mortal Lord Realm yourself, you will only reach Four Transformation Realm.”

Announcement

Hey guys! Do consider pledging if you have money to spare! For $1, you can read 25 chapters ahead of the official release plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $3, you can read 40 chapters and also 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $5, you can read 75+ chapters plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; and as for $7, you can read 95+ chapters and get 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday!

A big thanks to Divine Univers for pledging $7! Thank you so much really!

10