Chapter 157 – The Beginning of Yun Xia’s Cultivation
788 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“But what if someone has a low potential? Will it be better if they use a lesser beast’s blood and golden core that has a high potential instead of relying on their potential?” the boy asked after analyzing what Yun Ling said to him.

Yun Zhan gave the boy an approving look. He liked people who were as inquisitive as him. That would mean that he was indeed serious about cultivation. Those kinds of people would go farther than those who weren’t truly interested in cultivating even if they happened to have better talent than them. What was the use of their talents if they weren’t interested?

“That’s right. If someone’s potential is too low—for example, they can only reach the Spirit Awakening Realm with their own abilities—it will be better if they use a lesser beast that has the potential to reach the Core Formation Realm or even above that so they can go further than relying only on themselves. Even if they have a high potential, if they can get their hands on a lesser beast with a higher potential than them, then it will be much better to use that lesser beast in their baptism instead of these precious spiritual herbs,” Yun Ling explained patiently.

The other children at the side were confused. They didn’t fully understand what Yun Ling and their friend were talking about at all. They just remained at their side, listening to them while trying hard not to show that they didn’t understand them.

“Each type of baptism has its advantages and disadvantages. With that in mind, the type of baptism to do depends solely on our potential,” the boy said in understanding.

“Correct,” Yun Ling smiled. He was liking the boy more and more. He was someone who sought knowledge and tried to understand it to the best of his abilities. He had that certain characteristic that teachers would like to have in their students.

After that, they stopped talking as they focused their gaze back on Yun Xia.

A few minutes later, Yun Xia frowned as she looked at her father.

“Papa, Yun Xia’s body feels numb,” Yun Xia said.

“There’s no need to worry, Xiaxia. That is only natural,” Yun Ling reassured her.

The reason why Yun Xia felt her body go numb was that the water inside the cauldron which had contained numerous beneficial properties for cultivation was slowly breaking her body down and at the same time, fixing it up and then making it much stronger than it was. Normally, this process would be painful for the one inside the cauldron but because of some numbing properties and anesthetics that had been added inside the cauldron, Yun Xia only felt numb.

Three hours had passed and within that three hours, Yun Xia’s body had been broken and remade a dozen times already. This process couldn’t be seen by the naked eye so Yun Xia didn’t have any idea that her current body was already different and much better than it was before.

At the side, Yun Zhan, Yun Cang, Yun Wei, the alchemist, and his assistant couldn’t help but tremble. Because of how rare and effective the spiritual herbs that they had used were, the water inside the cauldron was actually able to remake Yun Xia’s body more than a dozen times already. If they had used above-average spiritual herbs, it would only remake Yun Xia’s body seven times or eight times if they were lucky. If it was the average spiritual herbs used, it would already be great if it could remake her body four times. But by using the precious spiritual herbs that the emperor gave them, Yun Xia’s body had been remade eighteen times already.

Several minutes later, Yun Xia’s body had turned red.

That was the sign that Yun Xia had finally reached her limit. Upon seeing that, the alchemist immediately ordered, “Take her out.”

His assistant took out Yun Xia from the cauldron and quickly covered her body with a towel that they had prepared beforehand.

“A total of nineteen times. That was how much her body had been remade inside the cauldron,” the alchemist said to Yun Ling with a shaky breath. As expected of a Divine Being’s daughter. Her talent was much greater than most geniuses in the empire. In fact, it had surpassed the three supreme geniuses except for Yun Ling.

Yun Wei’s eyes shined.

“Nineteen times?!” Yun Wei exclaimed. Despite his grandson being a Divine Being, he was actually in awe of the crown prince’s and Yu Shan’s talent. During their baptism, those two had their bodies remade by fifteen times for the crown prince, and twelve times by Yu Shan. It might seem small but one had to consider that it was already exceptional to have one’s body remade by more than five times already.

As for Yun Ling, he was a freak of nature. In his baptism, his body had been remade more than twenty-five times. However, the alchemist then had lost count at around twenty-five because he was way too shocked by Yun Ling’s potential. That was why it wasn’t known exactly how much Yun Ling’s body had been remade during his baptism.

Yun Zhan let out a laugh. The fact that her granddaughter’s body had been remade nineteen times meant that she was a genius of high caliber. Even if they used high-quality and rare spiritual herbs which had a hand in achieving that, if she didn’t have the talent, she wouldn’t get that result at all.

Thus, baptism could also be used to measure a child’s talent.

Yun Ling came over to Yun Xia after she had put on her clothes back.

“Xiaxia, see that wall over there?” Yun Ling pointed behind her.

Yun Xia looked where he was pointing at, and nodded.

“Try punching it with all your strength,” Yun Ling said.

“Yun Xia got it, Papa!” Yun Xia said as she went in front of the wall.

She thought back to the Golden Dragon Election where she had seen her father fight as she tried imitating the way he punched. She clenched her fist and then clumsily punched the wall.

BANG!

A hole that was her size was left behind the wall after her fist made contact with it.

Yun Xia’s friends were shocked at seeing that.

Before the baptism, Yun Xia didn’t have that kind of strength. However, after the baptism, she could actually make a hole in the wall with only her fist!

Yun Ling smiled.

“Congratulations, Xiaxia. Now that your baptism is done, you can now cultivate,” Yun Ling said with a proud look on her face.

Yun Xia smiled in happiness.

“Hmm!”

14