Chapter 158 – A Long Way to Go
655 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now that Yun Xia had been baptized, she could finally start cultivating.

“Xiaxia, how do you feel?” Yun Ling asked.

“Yun Xia’s body feels a little numb yet powerful, Papa!” Yun Xia said in excitement. Overall, she felt really good having that much power in her hand.

Yun Ling smiled.

“That’s good, but Xiaxia, do not let your power get into your head,” Yun Ling said. He didn’t want Yun Xia to become like him. In the past, well, even until now, he grew arrogant because he was easily stronger than everybody else.

Yun Xia nodded at her.

“Well, you should come here and watch the others undergo their baptism,” Yun Ling said.

“Okay, Papa!”

After Yun Xia’s turn, the boy got inside the cauldron where Yun Xia had just been. The water hadn’t even been changed because there were still powerful spiritual properties inside that Yun Xia wasn’t able to absorb in her body.

When the boy got inside the cauldron, the alchemist added more spiritual herbs inside to increase the effects of the water since it had been diluted a lot when Yun Xia used it. Although there were still powerful spiritual properties inside, it was far weaker than it was before Yun Xia got inside. That was the reason why the alchemist added more herbs.

A few minutes later…

“AHHHH!”

The boy's scream could be heard throughout the whole clan compound.

Several of the Yun Clan’s clansmen looked over the direction where Yun Ling and the rest were and sighed to themselves.

They weren’t unfamiliar with that sound since they too had gone through the same experience when they were still children themselves.

“My, my… looks like their baptisms already started.”

“Haha, that takes me back to when we were still kids. I recall that someone peed in the cauldron from the pain during our baptism.”

“Hahaha, you’re talking about Yun Cai, right? He told me that will forever be the shame of his life.”

“Man, how nostalgic.”

While the clansmen were reminiscing, the boy gritted his teeth as he endured the pain in his body. In the beginning, he was caught off guard. Never did he expect that the baptism would be that painful that was why he screamed. But after that, he didn’t make a sound any longer.

“Shi Zhong, even though you are easily the strongest of all of us, you got beaten by Young Miss Yun Xia. She didn’t scream at all earlier,” one of his friends teasingly said.

The boy named Shi Zhong glared at him.

“You will know later just how painful this thing is,” Shi Zhong said through gritted teeth.

His other friends laughed at him.

Shi Zhong’s eyes twitched but he didn’t say anything anymore. Later, he would make sure to laugh at them during their baptism while they screamed in pain.

Finally, after half an hour, Shi Zhong was done with his baptism.

He got out of the cauldron with the helper’s assistance and immediately wore his clothes. Then, he walked towards Yun Ling with staggering steps.

Every adult inside the room looked at Shi Zhong appreciatively. The kid was quite good. His endurance was good, and his talent too. His body was actually remade eleven times. Only one more and he would’ve had his body remade twelve times just like Yu Shan. Though the only reason he was able to get that far was because of the leftover water with rare spiritual herbs that Yun Xia had used. It might be diluted a lot but it was still incredibly effective.

Yun Ling looked at Shi Zhong and said, “Try punching my hand.”

He opened his hand and placed it right in front of him.

The boy nodded as he clenched his fist. Then with all his strength, he punched Yun Ling’s hand.

“Hmm, good! That is far stronger than most people could dish out after just undergoing their baptism. Cultivate well in the future and you will certainly reach Yu Shan and the crown prince’s level,” Yun Ling said with a look of approval.

Shi Zhong’s eyes glistened.

“I will!”

Yun Ling then looked towards the other children.

“Who’s next?”

“AHHHHHHHHH!” one of Yun Xia’s friends screamed out in pain a few minutes after he entered the cauldron.

The Yun Clan was quite lively that day with the children screaming in pain during their baptism while Shi Zhong laughed at his friends.

That day, the clan got eight new little cultivators in their ranks.

“How is their training going?” Yun Zhan asked Yun Mingyuan while observing the Fate Dominion and Mortal Lord experts in their clan using the minor version of the Thunder God Flash Supreme Art with him.

“Clan Master, as you can see… some learned it in just a few hours while some are still struggling with it. There’s no need to worry though. I estimate that in a day or two, they will finally get the hang of it. In the meantime, I taught those who learned it easily the original version of the Thunder God Flash Supreme Art after making sure their body could handle it,” Yun Mingyuan responded.

“That’s good…”

“With the Thunder God Flash Supreme Art, the clan’s fighting capabilities will certainly have a qualitative leap. We owe all of this to the Young Master,” Yun Mingyuan said with a smile. He might be a hard man but he knew when to acknowledge someone for their contributions.

Yun Zhan snorted before letting out a smile.

“Don’t give him too much credit when he’s around. It will go into his head,” Yun Zhan said.

“I think you don’t have to worry too much. The current Young Master is far different from the Young Master in the past. I don’t know if it’s because you sent him into the Great Buddhist Monastery or it’s because of his daughter. However, one thing I can say for sure is that he definitely changed. He has matured,” Yun Mingyuan said.

As one of the top experts in the clan, he was well aware of Yun Ling’s actions in the past and what trouble it had caused them. In the past, he had slept with the wives of some clan masters, noble lords, and important people in the empire. As a result, all of them became angry with the Yun Clan. Not only did he sleep with their wives, he even slept with their beautiful daughters.

Yun Zhan constantly had a headache during that time, trying to fix the trouble that Yun Ling had caused.

They were quite indebted to the emperor since he was the one who mediated between them and the Yun Clan so aside from a few scuffles, it didn’t escalate to something greater.

After that, Yun Zhan sent Yun Ling to study in the Great Buddhist Monastery in the hopes that he would change his lecherous ways there.

Yun Ling stayed in the Great Buddhist Monastery for two years before returning to the capital. When he returned, he mostly stayed inside the clan to cultivate. Yun Ling would only go out when his father assigned a mission to him.

Then a year after that, when Yun Ling returned from the last mission that Yun Zhan had given him… he met his daughter, Yun Xia.

After spending some time with Yun Xia, Yun Ling’s arrogance had gone down quite a bit. He was still arrogant but it was nowhere near how it was in the past.

Yun Zhan smiled.

“He still has a long way to go…”

12