Chapter 174 – Three Supreme Geniuses Going Out
468 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three days after Yun Ling's ascension to the Fate Dominion Realm, he was invited by Yu Shan and the crown prince to a drink in the biggest and most popular tavern in the capital.

Yun Ling didn't refuse their invitation since he already agreed that they'd go out to a drink during their fight in the Golden Dragon Election but before he could do that, he would have to ask permission from the special person in his life first.

After informing his father and grandfather about their plan, and most importantly, after he had gotten his daughter's approval, only then did Yun Ling go to the tavern with Yu Shan and the crown prince.

"A toast to Yun Ling— HIC! F-For, breaking through to the Fate Dominion Realm! HIC!" Yu Shan said with his face incredibly red as he raised his cup in the air.

Yun Ling and the crown prince stared speechlessly at him.

That guy unexpectedly only had a low level of alcohol tolerance.

"Yu Shan, stop. You're embarrassing us," the crown prince said when he noticed that everyone's eyes in the tavern were on them. As the son of the emperor and the next in line to the throne, he was used to getting everyone's attention, however, he didn't want to get their attention in such an embarrassing manner.

As for why those people were looking at them, it was something to be expected. Before the Golden Dragon Election, they were already like celebrities. There weren't many people who didn't know of them in the capital. Then after the Golden Dragon Election, their fame had soared even more. They were now incredibly famous not only in the capital but in the entire Jin Empire. That was why the people in the tavern all had their attention on them. They didn't expect to see all three of them in the same tavern.

"HIC! A-A toast to Yun— HIC! Yun Ling for... t-the Fate Dominion Re— HiC!" Yu Shan said and then slammed his cup on the table, breaking both his cup and table into pieces.

"Stop it. You've said that six times already," the crown prince said. At that very moment, he wanted nothing but to find a hole he could crawl in. He was ashamed of how his fellow supreme genius was acting.

Yun Ling didn't know whether to cry or laugh as he looked at Yu Shan. Despite how outstanding Yu Shan was in other aspects, he couldn't hold his liquor well.

He turned to the woman who was working there and coming towards them, and said, "Sorry about that, do you have any available private room? We'll be moving there."

"Yes!" the woman said in surprise. She was quite nervous in front of the three most famous people in the empire. "Allow me to lead you there."

Yun Ling nodded as he got up from his seat. Then, he grabbed Yu Shan and supported him so they could transfer to another room.

"Ah, that's right. The crown prince will pay for those," Yun Ling said, pointing at the cup and table that the drunk Yu Shan had broken.

The crown prince's eyes twitched but didn't argue. He didn't want to prolong his stay in that place anymore especially since the people now had started gossiping about them.

Who would've known that Yu Shan would be that troublesome after taking some shots?

...

"A-A toast to Yun Ling for— HIC! Fate— HIC! Realm..."

Yun Ling and the crown prince stared at Yu Shan for a few seconds before deciding to no longer pay any attention to him and just let him be.

"This guy is usually proper... I never knew he'd become like this after just drinking a few glasses," the crown prince said with a sigh.

"Well, I think it's because of who he is that he turned into that mess," Yun Ling said.

"What do you mean?" the crown prince raised a brow.

"That guy is so disciplined, he never ate anything unhealthy in his life before," Yun ling said. "He'd eat just enough to sustain his body and avoided anything unhealthy. He spent his whole life trying to improve himself wanting to attain perfection in both body and mind to the point that he never tried finding any entertainment for himself, thinking of it as something unnecessary to that goal."

"Oh," the crown prince mouthed out, finally beginning to realize what Yun Ling meant.

What Yun Ling said had some sense. Among the three of them, Yu Shan was the most disciplined. From his food to the way he walks, sleep, trains... He never probably even drank before or ate anything that was even the least bit harmful to his body. Everything in his life, he did all of it to the extreme.

He did all of that to further improve himself and surpass Yun Ling.

Then, he let out a smile and said, "I think... it wasn't that he didn't try to find any entertainment for himself..."

"Hm?" Yun Ling raised a brow at him.

The crown prince continued, "For him, training with his sword is the best entertainment he could ever have. There was nothing more fun to him than that."

Yun Ling smirked.

"You're right about that."

9