Chapter 194 – The Calm Before the Storm
368 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Snow Fang, the Lion King Cub, and the children sat on the side as they watched Yun Ling and Yun Feng sparring with each other in an open area just outside their assigned room.

Though they called it a spar, one might as well call it a real fight because of how deadly each of their strikes was that they had unleashed to each other. The two had only sparred for around ten minutes yet Yun Feng's nose was already bleeding heavily after being punched by Yun Ling a lot of times.

"What's wrong Yun Feng?" Yun Ling asked with a mocking smile on his face. "I'm currently suppressing my cultivation realm to the Core Formation Realm and have yet to use my Divine Eyes yet you're already reduced to this state? I thought you were much better than this."

Yun Feng gritted his teeth as he glared at him. It wasn't that he was weak. His elder brother was simply too much of a monster.

He pressed both of his hands together as he made a dozen sharp swords made of his spiritual energy appear right above him. Then, he made those swords fly towards Yun Ling speedily.

Yun Ling let out a sigh. If that was all his younger brother was capable of, then he was disappointed. The display that Yun Feng was making right now was incredibly pathetic. The past Yun Feng was much better than the current one.

When the dozens of swords made from Yun Feng's spiritual energy were about to hit Yun Ling, the latter merely waved his hand, easily disintegrating those swords into nothing.

Yun Feng's eyebrows twitched at that.

"Did you really suppress yourself into the Core Formation Realm?" he asked, finding it hard to believe that Yun Ling could easily destroy his attacks with seemingly no effort at all despite being in the same cultivation realm as him.

"Well, I've seen more or less what you can do right now so let's finish this here," Yun Ling said, already getting bored sparring with his younger brother.

Yun Feng smiled.

"How did I do Big Bro?" he asked with a bit of excitement as he waited for his elder brother's praise.

"Do you want me to tell you the truth or not?" Yun Ling asked back.

"The truth of course."

Yun Ling smiled at him.

Seeing the smile on his elder brother's face, Yun Feng thought that he did well. He raised his head up in proudness, only to be disappointed when he heard Yun Ling's next words.

"You suck big time," Yun Ling said exasperatedly. "Honestly, did you just mess around in the New Dawn Country and forgot about training? You've gotten weaker than the last time we sparred each other!"

Yun Feng looked sheepish at that. He had indeed been slacking off in the New Dawn Country. In fact, he couldn't remember a time that he trained there.

"This is ridiculous, how unacceptable. I'm going to shape you from the ground up so you better not mess around anymore," Yun Ling said seriously. He was going to put his younger brother into a harsh training session so he would no longer be that pathetic.

Yun Feng groaned out. Since Yun Ling had already decided that, there was nothing he could do but surrender himself to him and let his elder brother do as he pleased to him.

"Papa, that was amazing! Papa totally beat Uncle! Uncle didn't even have a chance against Papa! Uncle was so weak!" Yun Xia came towards Yun Ling and said when she saw that they were finally done sparring with each other.

When Yun Feng heard Yun Xia's words, he almost spat out blood.

"Don't follow after your uncle's footsteps," Yun Ling said half-jokingly which Yun Xia actually took seriously.

"I won't," she said, nodding to her father.

At that moment, Snow Fang looked towards the east when he felt some people coming towards them.

Yun Ling also noticed them earlier but he didn't pay them too much attention since he was focused on Yun Feng.

It was only when he and Yun Feng had finally finished sparring and they got near them that Yun Ling looked at them.

It was a monk accompanied by two other monks behind him.

As someone who had stayed in the Great Buddhist Monastery for a while in the past, Yun Ling was able to recognize most of the monks' faces in the monastery so he was able to recognize the three monks as well.

If he wasn't mistaken, the monk that was taking the lead was a monk at the Sacred King Realm. Yun Ling didn't show it but he was surprised to see him there since all of the Sacred Kings had to go to the Law God Sect.

With a frown, he asked, "Aren't you a Sacred King? Why are you still here? If the Law God Sect learns of this, aren't you afraid that they will target the Great Buddhist Monastery for defying their orders?"

"I was a Sacred King then but I damaged my cultivation realm so right now, I am in the Fate Dominion Realm," the monk simply replied. "I did this because someone who has some experience regarding the Sacred King Realm needs to stay here and guard in case someone took this opportunity and attack the monastery."

Yun Ling sucked in his breath.

For many people, getting into the Sacred King Realm was something that they wanted to achieve but it was incredibly far from their reach. However, for the monk in front of him, he actually willingly descended a single cultivation realm so he could stay behind the sect and watch over it. It showed just how far he was willing to go to protect the monastery.

Yun Ling calmed himself as he asked, "What did you come here for?"

"Tathagata asked us to remove the curse that is plaguing your companion. We are here to do just that."

Yun Ling looked at them for a moment before nodding.

"She's inside the room. Follow me," he said, leading them towards where Yue Dongmei was.

Announcement
It's now September! Please consider pledging so you can read 12 weeks in advance (85+ chapters) plus 2 chapters a day for only $1! Or pledge $3 to read 100 chapters (14 weeks) in advance!
6