Chapter 12: Reaching Rim Elm
1.6k 4 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dyne convinced Bertugo to go with them. It took a long time since Dyne had a hard time talking and understanding with Bertugo. Finally, after ironing out the details, Bertugo agreed.

Since Dyne can understand Gobu talk, he was perhaps the only human being who could talk and mediate between man and Gobu. The Gobu Gobu would live under the protection of Rim Elm and could even use his knowledge about the other Gobu Gobu tribes to help the village.

Dyne also took this advantage because he knew how strong the Gobu Gobu was compared to normal humans. They had muscles about twice the strength of normal humans and therefore had a biological advantage in strength. Only humans with Serus could easily defeat them, but with the Mist, no human would dare to wear a Seru.

Dyne waited for the Gobu Gobu to absorb the coins. He increased the coins to two hundred fifty. The Gobu Gobu would consume two hundred while the other fifty would go to the Green Slime.

And so, the two increased their strength as they absorbed it. Dyne guarded the narrow path.

“Great. My first day in a cultivation world and here I am guarding two monsters as they reach their breakthroughs.” Dyne gave a sad sigh.

“Oh well... I wonder if the Slime could be eaten by humans? Maybe that’s how Gobu Gobu’s survive in this harsh world. They farm Slimes as they can take them and do, they eat the goo?” Dyne continued to think.

Soon Bertugo approached Dyne and began to extend his hand towards Dyne and rubbed his chest. It appeared to be a heartfelt gesture.

Dyne simply smiled and walked back towards the cove. He then saw the Slime and immediately asked Bertugo if slimes could float.

Bertugo nodded, but a bit of confusion appeared on his eyes.

Soon, the plan was made, and the action was taken. Dyne knew that there was no way to use the coastlines to reach Rim Elm. The waves were just too strong. But seeing how terrifying this world was, the initial plans that Dyne had made had to change. He decided to head to Rim Elm first before initiating his actual plans.

As such, they used the giant Slime as a floatation device and swam through the ocean. They had a slime boat, and it made it easier for them to go through the strong waves.

It was a hard and tiresome journey, but the stamina and strength of the leveled up Gobu Gobu and Slime showed their resilience. Soon, they made it past the strong waves and returned to the coastlines.

Dyne had asked Bertugo if it was ok for them to kill other Gobu Gobu. Bertugo immediately nodded and explained that the Gobu Gobu was a carnivorous tribe that ate each other.

“So, it literally is a dog-eat-dog world for you guys...” Dyne couldn’t help but sigh. It was then that Dyne reached out towards his items and poured on his thoughts in it.

In the game Legend of Legaia, only one member of their party could be equipped with the items like Golden Compass and Chicken King for it to have its effect. Dyne wanted to know how to use it with a three-person team.

Dyne got his answer.

“I see. So three of the closest people near me within three meters will give the cloaking and sensing powers of the Golden Compass to allow surprise attacks to the enemy, and I just need to send a marking energy for the Chicken King...” Dyne immediately used both and Bertugo, and the Slime had a faint orange-like glow that quickly disappeared.

The energy surprised Bertugo. It was the first time he sensed such powers around him. He gave Dyne another grateful glance.

The party reached the shores, and Rim Elm could be seen from afar. It was past noon when they crossed the mountain, and Dyne immediately set forth to run towards Rim Elm.

They could see the town from a distance, but Dyne underestimated how large the entire Drake Kingdom was. By Dyne’s estimates, it would be nearly evening for them to reach Rim Elm.

Luckily, the Gobu Gobu in this region were usually alone since there was not much food in this area. Dyne asked why this was so, and Bertugo explained that most of the animals that they hunt appear closer to the mountain and the forest nearby.

Only a few wild animals ever reach this side of the area, and so only weaker Gobu Gobus who were either looking for Green Slime to tame would occasionally wander here to hunt for animals.

The group met another Gobu Gobu, which they immediately killed thanks to their first attack advantage. The Green slime suddenly covered the entire Gobu Gobu and began to carry it.

“Wow... It can carry stuff!” Dyne admired.

“Why didn’t the humans tame Green slimes?” Dyne pondered. But he knew this was something that Bertugo couldn’t answer.

The group found two more Gobu Gobus and killed them along the way. The Green Slime ate one of the Gobu Gobu.

Dyne wanted to make the Slime carry the body but since it wouldn’t fit, Dyne asked Bertugoif he could command the green slime to divide into two as it could in game.

Bertugo soon understood it and ordered the Slime to Divide.

And so, each Slime carried one Gobu Gobu along with the shield and the blue blade that was not dissolved when the Slime ate one of the Gobu Gobu.

The four-person team continued to move. Although one of the slimes no longer had the Golden Compass's camouflaging effects, Dyne wasn’t worried as they were getting closer towards the town the Slime could be used as bait to lure more enemies.

Sadly, no enemies appeared. Not even a single slime. It was late in the afternoon when the town of Rim Elm could be seen. Dyne undid the effects of the Golden compass and walked carefully.

Bertugo wondered why Dyne’s speed had slowed down, but then, his questions were soon answered. 

A group of hunters was approaching. They had over twenty men who were hastily running back.

Dyne called out to them and waved his arms to alert the group.

The Hunters noticed Dyne from afar and saw the creatures next to him. They raised their bows and spears as they approached.

But then Dyne immediately called out with the list of lies he had long prepared.

“Hunters of Rim Elm! Do not be afraid! I am Dyne Valliant! A man from the Great Sol Kingdom in Karisto. I had traveled and was near Ratayu kingdom before the Mist came and have arrived here! Please do not be afraid of these monsters next to me! They have tamed creatures that Sol has captured and are my pets. They have also been my helpers during my travels!” Dyne explained.

A man walked forward and gave him a surprised look.

“You are... from Sol kingdom?!” The man asked in a shocked expression.

The hunters behind him were all startled.

“You know of Sol? Then you must have at least heard of the great Muscle Dome! They tame monsters and make them fight! But they are trained not to kill! My father is one of Sol's trainers, and these pets of mine have traveled with me here!”

Juno was startled. He had long heard of how monsters were forced to fight each other in a battle coliseum in Sol's kingdom. Rumors of monster taming had been around for so long.

“You are a... monster tamer?” The man asked again.

“I am not. But I have lived long enough with Bertugo here that I can speak his language. Please do not hurt him! He is the reason why I have survived for so long! The two slimes you see are the monsters he has tamed. You must have noticed that Slimes can be tamed by Gobu Gobus, right?” Dyne asked.

The hunters nodded, and the man in front also held a look of disbelief.

“If you still don’t believe me... Bertugo, pungak tagak kagak atgak yugak kogak kangak yagak.” Dyne then ordered.

Bertugo glanced at Dyne with hesitation, but Dyne smiled back.

Bertugo nodded and moved towards the hunter. The hunter warily held his weapon as the Gobu Gobu moved closer.

“I have ordered him to bow to you to show you that I am his master.” Dyne explained.

As Bertugo bowed, the entire hunters all exclaimed loudly.

“He bowed!”

“By Tieg! He did!” Another hunter exclaimed.

“It seems we have a lot to talk about. I welcome you, visitor. I am Juno. A hunter of Rim Elm. Let us move inside.” Juno smiled and approached Dyne and bowed. A trace of tears could be seen in his eyes.

Dyne was surprised. He knew who Juno is! This was the father of Mei, who is Vahn's love interest. Juno would die at the very start of the game because of the Mist.

To think that Juno was actually an important character among the hunters!

“It's been... so long that I have seen another human. Young child, please, follow me.”

“Child?!” Dyne almost got mad but recalled he was just ten years old.

He shook his head and followed. The two slimes and the Gobu Gobu also followed Dyne.

The hunters behind Juno still maintained a shocked expression.

“It’s us! We are back!” The hunter shouted loudly!

“And we have a guest! A survivor from the Mist is here! Hurry and open up!” Juno demanded almost impatiently.

The doors of Rim Elm opened.

Dyne smiled excitedly.

“Finally.”

Here is the map of Dyne's Journey as shown in the in-game map. This should explain the direction of his journey since arriving at Legaia.

 

54