Chapter 108: Rena’s Story
254 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Can humans hide in here too?” Dyne asked.

“Yes. But the issue is to send it inside. You see, it’s a dimensional item. Gyoro and Ururun can naturally move into it because it's based on their mother. And the Basilisk has the innate ability of Earth Compression. That’s how it can carry all of its young. So their offspring can naturally enter it. For you to bring humans and other monsters inside, you’d need to have time and space manipulation powers.”

“So you gave me this because of Jedo?”

“Correct. Jedo can do it even now, considering it’s half-awake. But constant use of its power will further drain the stored power. Your previous battle with the Basilisk had already caused it to use a lot of its power in summoning that shield. So look for some power sources to awaken it.”

“Alright! You’ve changed. You’re no longer a cheapskate but a cheap person.”

“How is this cheap?!”

“You gave me that after a boss fight! A Basilisk which normally would have been fought at level 10!”

“You easily defeated it!”

“Yeah. But Zeto was coming, so I’d be dead!”

“I saved you!”

“Part of the reward. Still, this is a great gift!” Dyne smiled.

Strafe would have argued more except that the Basilisk was something only level 20 people could solo as they could resist the Earth Energy. Dyne was just such a genius and had the right element that the petrification no longer had any effect on him.

“Sorry, Big Sis! I was studying this Earth power. It looks like it’s more than just something that can harness Earth energy.” Dyne laughed.

“You have to be careful with that, Little Brother. That earth power will drive the strongest wizards of this place mad! And it seems to have a dimensional capability.”

“Yeah. So dimensional items are also found in this place?”

“Yes! But only the strongest Time Archmages have this. Little Brother… Just who are you exactly? Not one of your items fall below Legend Rank!”

“What’s Legend Rank?”

“You don’t even know that?”

“Well… The place I came from was very chaotic. Although these items are rare, I had to go through a lot of trouble to get them.” Dyne sighed.

“I see. But please. Don’t show them everything. Even Gyoro and Ururun should not show themselves!”

“Yeah. I think Gyoro and Ururun won’t come out. When it peaked its head out earlier, it was telling me to leave them alone for now.”

“It-It did? How can you tell?” Rena was confused.

“I just know the looks it makes.”

“A-anyway... Even that pet of yours is strong! I just remembered that it made most of the Kong Apes scared! And didn’t this kill the Kire Kong Apes and the Ice Kong Apes? So if you said Gyoro and Ururun ate their heart… which is frankly shocking… then it’s only natural that they will need to sleep to absorb the energy! Not any monster could absorb and tolerate the destructive power of their ice and fire.” Rena explained.

“Oh… Big Sis seems rather experienced in these Fire Kong Apes and the Ice Kong apes.”

“We’ve been fighting them for the past three years, and it has brought and killed a lot of people… So we naturally have tried to absorb the Fire Kong Ape's energy to reach a higher breakthrough but failed. If that snake can eat the heart of the Fire Kong Ape and the Ice Kong Ape, then it's very amazing that it just needs to sleep and rest.” Rena explained.

Dyne decided not to tell Rena that it wasn’t just the heart. But Gyoro and Ururun ate the soul of these two.

“How strong are Fire Kong Apes?”

“About four level three Martial Novices is the safe way to fight it. Or if there are more Martial Novices. But as our town is only a Desolate Level town. We’d need to ask assistance from a Mid-Level town to send soldiers who are that strong. In my town, the strongest is a level six Marital Novice. It was the man who was leading the group. But a single level six cannot fight against that many Kong Apes. So normally, we’d have to get all of the village warriors to fight a single troupe.”

“Why did they abandon you?” Dyne asked.

“It’s complicated.” Rena smiled.

“Big Sis better start trusting and relying on this Little Brother! I mean… they weren’t able to fight the Kong Apes. But the two of us defeated them! Even if Gyoro and Ururun didn’t kill the Fire Apes, I’m still confident that we could have retreated. It wasn’t working when I arrived, but it seems to be working now.” Dyne revealed the Chicken King.

“What’s that?” Rena smiled.

“Another miraculous artifact. In terms of use, it’s even more amazing the Grim here. Although, Grim still has to grow.” Dyne laughed.

“So why did they leave you, Big Sis?” Dyne’s expression turned serious.

Rena felt a strange change in the air at Dyne’s question.

“It’s because of my identity. You see, my fiancé is the son of a guild leader in Trithefert, a Mid Level town. I was very close to that man. We grew up together. But suddenly… he changed. He used to be very kind, but one day he went back to the town and demanded to take me as his wife.”

“Demanded?” Dyne’s expression changed. This sounded awfully familiar.

“I don’t know what changed. But that town started to abuse and took advantage of us. They used to be kind and generous and would even help us. But now, they are demanding us to pay for their protection. But they don’t protect the village. It's as if we are paying them not to attack our village. In truth, other than me, Trithefert was planning to use us as fodder when they attacked the Kong Apes. My town is doomed…” Rena sighed.

Dyne was silent but was now starting to understand what Strafe meant on how similar this place is to the game. Rena’s story had some similarities.

“I think… The villagers of my town hate me or are jealous of me. My fiancé has also abused and even killed many of my townsfolks. So the village practically hates me.”

“They were even willing to leave you to the Kong Apes so they can’t be blamed for your death.” Dyne deduced.

“Yes.” Rena was slowly tearing up.

“Then… Why don’t you leave, Big Sis?”

“Because if I do, I would have to marry my fiancé. Little Brother, I also still have my parents in town. And despite everything that the town has been doing to me. I still love them.” Rena explained.

“What was it that you were looking for in the forest? It looked like you were desperate to find it.”

“The reason why the Trithefert changed was that they found a mysterious rock that fell from the sky. There have been a lot of changes around the world recently. Many rocks had fallen on different places and even caused the monsters to grow wild. The Kong Apes is one example.”

“The Kong Apes?!” Dyne was surprised.

“Yes. They weren’t ferocious. Although they were wild, they weren’t strong, and the Goblins were the king of the forest before. But now, they have this forest as their territory. They don’t usually reach as far as the place where you found me. And the Fire Kong Apes and the Ice Kong Apes only appeared when the rock fell.”

“So you were looking for another rock? Was that why you went in this forest?” Dyne asked again.

“Yes.” Rena answered.

“I hoped that if we could find another rock and harness its powers, we could have enough strength to fight against Trithefert. It would fix all my issues. I would be forgiven by this town. I wouldn’t have to marry my fiancé, and I would be able to save this village from the threat of the Kong Apes…”

“Actually… You did.” Dyne smiled.

“What?” Rena was shocked.

“I was the rock that you found. I may not be exactly like the previous rocks. But I am sure now. This isn’t my planet. I didn’t just move continents, but it looks like I come from a place beyond those clouds.” Dyne pointed to the sky.

“Y-you?!” Rena was shocked.

“Think about it, Big Sis. How else could I have abilities that your kingdoms here do not have? And weren’t you so sure you found the place where the rock fell? You even made me bring you to the top of the cliff after killing those apes.”

“That’s right… And there was nothing there.”

“It was my Master. If he allowed me to crash on the ground, I’d be dead. So he made a way to make my fall soft. So there were no destructions or explosions. That’s also why the villagers were angry at you. If you did saw a rock, it should have caused a loud commotion. But it didn’t. Did it?” Dyne asked.

“You’re right…” Rena was stunned. She alone saw the rock at night. It was smaller than the previously reported rock. Even the meteor that fell on the Fringe Forest, near the Kong Apes, or the ones that fell near Trithefert, was visible and caused an earthquake when it landed. But this one, a small one that only Rena saw, didn’t create a commotion.

“So I wasn’t dreaming… There was a rock that fell!”

“You did find the rock. Only it wasn’t a rock. And I promise you this, Big Sis. I will resolve all your problems!” Dyne smiled.

Rena smiled.

“Thank you, Little Brother.” Rena smiled.

Dyne knew that Rena was only saying this but still could not believe that he was capable of accomplishing this.

“Well… A village does hate her, and they are facing a mid-level village and an Ape mob. I guess I gotta show off a bit more to make her believe me.” Dyne thought to himself.

It was then that Dyne detected a mob approaching them.

Dyne smiled.

“Oh? They actually went after us? Perfect. I do have to investigate the crash site.” Dyne bemused as he closed his eyes to feel the energy fluctuations.

“Oh? Three locations? Two small ones and a larger one. It looks like the Meteor must have broken up as it entered this atmosphere.

“Big Sis. It looks like our troubles are not over yet. A group of apes is chasing us.”

“What?!” Rena was stunned.

“So I want to ask you this…” Dyne paused for dramatic effect.

“What is it, Little brother?” Rena wondered.

“Do you trust me?” Dyne reached out his hand and offered it for Rena to hold.

Rena was confused at first. But then she smiled.

“Yes.” She then held on to Dyne.

“Good. Right on time. Let’s run!” Dyne shouted.

Immediately several Apes appeared from the bushes around them and pounced at Dyne and Rena.

Volume 2 just officially ended in Chapter 192. To promote it, here are some lines in that chapter...
---
Dyne gazed at Kokatorimon.
“Too bad Jedo’s concentrating. Otherwise, I would cast Haste.” Dyne had ordered Jedo to prepare for certain magic...
...
“Choco/Mog Materia!” Dyne laughed.
...
“Lizard Tail!” Noa... used her Arts, Lizard Tail, which was a forward somersault with a powerful stomp.
SMASH!
...
“Sigma... will avenge us! Doctor Wily will kill you all!”
---
So do subscribe to my Patreon and read all of Volume 2! November 1 is coming, so its your chance to subscribe at the start of the month! I do a 2-3 chapters per week there and will probably be 3-4  chapters per week next month.

12