Chapter 130: Summoning the Demon
224 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Char the Evil? That sorcerer that Jaden mentioned?” Jedo asked.

Yes. Jaden said that their first attempt to attack this place was foiled by Char the Evil. This guy suspiciously sounds just like Zhar the Mad. The mad sorcerer that you meet in Diablo. And by the looks of it, this is his chambers. Just like it was in the game. It looks like this place was where they kept all the weapons, armors, and gears of all slain warriors. Oh! Some of these items must belong to Jaden and his company!” Dyne moved closer and immediately took all items and placed them inside the Monster Hive.

Strafe mused in amazement at how precise the Sovereign of Earth was.

Going by the trend, you ought to acquire at least two books in this room.” Strafe spoke to Dyne.

Let’s hope!” Dyne laughed as he moved towards the bookcases and immediately stored all books and scrolls inside the Monster Hive.

Alright! Let’s hope I can grab one book! I recall that Zhar the Mad would give the player one book to send the player away, and will you can obtain another in his pile. This means that I would find at least one book that I can eat another book that Char carries.” Dyne deduced.

Eat? What do you mean? Was it the same thing that happened to you back then?”

Similar. But different. We’ll talk about it later. I might as well show you the visions with the Slime God the next time I sleep. For now, let's continue to weaken the array of Death energies.” Dyne left the room and continued to move around the cave.

Dyne continued to move around the cave evading the group of Kong Apes that were marching around. It was then that Dyne began to hear human voices.

Several armed men continued to patrol the area. They were carrying torches as they moved in ranks.

Dyne hid nearby on the rocks and made Jedo harness the darkness to cover himself. With his ability as a covert spy, Dyne was able to easily blend in the walls at the side so that when the men marched past him, they didn’t notice him.

Dyne continued to move towards the various points where there was high death energy and absorbed more.

Hours passed, and Dyne managed to absorb several locations and dwindle the death energy while evading Kong Apes and soldiers.

Dyne was even able to use Grim as a means to hang on the stalactites of the cave by binding himself to Grim and making Grim bite on the rocks with its beak while being shrouded by dark energy.

Jedo was amazed by Dyne’s means, and even Strafe applauded Dyne’s unique ways of moving through, which even included pretending to be one of the dead bodies.

Hmm… We need three more of these spots. But it’s strange. I can’t sense it!”

How do you know there should be three more?”

I’ve been making a mental map in my head of the locations of these death points. And from it, I managed to make a form of a magic circle. This last point is the extreme death magic point of the one in the entrance.”

So that’s why it’s so weak…” Jedo mused.

Yes. From the map, there are three more we missed near the center. But those place is heavily guarded…” Dyne frowned.

But you have done enough. The weakened points will be unstable. If the Monk is correct and they intend to summon a demon, then the power of this summoning will be vastly weakened.”

Yes. But I have a bit of an obsessive-compulsive desire to clear all. Besides, I have to be at that central point when they summon the demon because it will be when I would jump in and absorb the death energy. It should be enough to empower you as if a Genesis Tree has been awakened.”

You plan for me to absorb the death energy of summoning a Demon?! That’s crazy!”

How would you summon a demon?” Dyne asked.

I- I don’t know.”

That’s not what I mean. I meant if I were to summon a demon from wherever planes they were and cross vast distances, how would I do it?”

I don’t know…” Jedo shook his head.

Well, first of all… It depends on what kind of summoning this is. Are we summoning an actual demon from that other plane? Are we summoning a demon by creating the demon's body here or crafting the soul?”

I’m not sure.”

Come on, Jedo! Think! Diablo! What did the game Diablo have?”

A Soul Stone! The Soul stone contained the soul of the demon Diablo! But that doesn’t make sense! Why make this circle if the soul is already here?”

I know about this part thanks to my experience with the Slime God. The Slime God marked one of his many clones here, Calamitus Slime, and destined that clone to imbue a portion of its soul to an object. It was that book. And you remember what happened to me. I fell into a trance and met the Slime God on a different plane.”

You met in a different plane? Where was it?”

Oklahoma.” Dyne mocked sarcastically.

What?”

I don’t know! It was a different plane than the Slime God probably crafted. My guess is, with two points of his soul, he caused it to meet together by bringing my soul and meet halfway with his in that separate plane!”

What exactly are you trying to say?”

This ritual is going to do something similar. The soul in that stone is incomplete. It should be a very small fragment. But this magic ritual will allow the entire soul of the demon to cross the great distance and possess the host.”

I see. The stone becomes a beacon to send the full soul in!”

Even Strafe was amazed at Dyne’s deduction.

How did you figure this all out?” Jedo was amazed.

Vegetables. Eat your vegetables. A public service announcement by Dyne Valiant.”

Be more serious!”

Alright! Jeez. But you won’t understand it. I have something called the Eye of Destiny. I can see things and somewhat predict the future. I could sense great darkness as the future of this place. I didn’t know what it was back then. That’s why I was trying to get here as fast as I can. If I were to put an analogy, it’s like I’m starting the race at the finish line, and I’m backtracking back to the beginning to figure things out.” Dyne explained.

Then, if this is the case, what do you intend to do now?”

Well, I weakened the death energy here, which means the soul that will be transferred will have a lot of erm… obstacles or so on? With what we did, the soul will either be weakened or will be incomplete. And what can Ra-Serus do to weakened and incomplete Souls?” Dyne smiled.

You want me to absorb it?!”

Bingo!”

But that’s a demon's soul! At the very least, it would be like another Ra-Seru! And that's a very conservative estimate! It’s as if you’re asking me to absorb Rogue!”

Exactly!”

You're insane!"

Hrm… Well, I guess it’s too much for a Level 1 Ra-Seru to absorb a powerful soul. You’re right.” Dyne fell silent.

Don’t even think about making any attempts to absorb that! I would die! It could possess me!”

Alright! How about this? I will be doing my own versions of Deadly Promise. I think I can do that! If Dark is a force that can cut anything physical, then perhaps Brimstone is something that can cut through the ethereal.” Dyne smiled.

You mean you will cut the soul into two parts?”

That’s right. Then we absorb only half of it! Wouldn’t that be easy?”

Even if you can slice up that soul and manage to forcibly divide it, there is no way I will agree to it! Nothing you say can make me attempt to contain such a powerful being!” Jedo added.

If you do absorb a soul like Rogue… wouldn’t it be possible to revive Yami?”

The Soul size should be at least half. I think I can bear half of the soul of a demon. You can help me in containing if too if things get a little too difficult for me.” Jedo changed his stance like a pendulum swinging so fast that it teleported to the other end.

Dyne chuckled and nodded.

I guess this is the best way to do it. If I absorb all of the soul, then I wouldn’t be able to play Diablo. So I guess I should let the other half possess the prince.” Dyne mused.

Alright. Then let's do what we have to do now! Let’s look for those last Death energy points and weaken them!” Jedo urged.

Dyne shook his head and chuckled as he saw Jedo giving his all. Dyne began to head towards the area where he deduced the last point would be.

Dyne soon found the last remaining death points but found that it was guarded. There was about was a sorcerer clothed in dark robes kneeling down and chanting. A strange symbol was drawn on the floor as it continued to chant. There were several knights who were tossing the dead soldiers into the ground.

Black smoke-like energy kept rising from the ground as the Death energy as the sorcerer was chanting.

Looks like they are still in the process of completing this one. No wonder I couldn’t sense the last three.” Dyne smiled.

Then it looks like our arrival here is quite timely,” Jedo observed.

Yes. It looked like they needed more bodies and began to kill monsters. But since most monsters are avoiding this place, they switched tactics and made Archbishop Lazarus bring more here and have the Butcher kill them. I get the feeling that it's that guy on the far corner.” Dyne pointed at the large man with blood splattered everywhere. He was nearly two meters tall and wielded a large dark blade.

You plan to fight that?” Jedo asked.

No. I’m just here to get the Death energy and strengthen you. After this, I’ll bolt like a bunny and get out of here. To complete this place, I’d need to bring Jaden, Ishreth, Amorien, and Chad. Only then can I conquer this place.”

“…You just want to play Diablo.”

I want to play the hell out of Diablo.” Dyne agreed.

By the end of this week, the chapters in my Patreon will be 100 chapters advance. So if you want more of this, subscribe to my Patreon! Chapter updates at a 3-4 chapter per week rate.

13