Chapter 183: Songi’s Bitterness
134 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a grave form of insult to someone like Songi.

He had been training all his life in Soul Cultivation and followed the strict teachings of Biron. And seeing these untrained and undisciplined folks suddenly learn how to perform Spirit made Songi irritated.

Another aspect that made Songi curious was the power that Vahn wielded. When Vahn and Gala returned, they continued to hide Meta’s existence until the arrival of the Hunters of Rim Elm, who brought in Gobu Gobu’s and Slimes.

Tetsu was the one who revealed the existence of the Ra-Seru.

Dyne knew that even after revealing the power of the Ra-Seru, the Monks still decided to cling to their previous beliefs. And so, Dyne instructed Tetsu and Vahn to reveal it slowly. First, Dyne showed them that cultivation was possible even to those who wore Serus and explained the purpose of why Monks were banned from wearing Serus.

Next, was the in-depth study of how Dyne managed to create an Elemental Soul Seed similar to Biron. The teachings and limitations that Biron gave were slowly dismantled since previously impossible ways to cultivate were discovered and became available to everyone.

And finally, the last necessary piece until when Vahn could reveal Meta was when the Hunters arrived. In the midst of the celebration of the cheerful reunion of Juno and Maya, Vahn and Tetsu finally revealed everything.

They started from the lie about Meta and why they hid it. And then, they revealed the power of the Genesis Tree that allowed them to cultivate. Then, Tetsu and Vahn finally revealed the truth about the Ra-Seru and why Dyne rushed to the other forest.

The revelation shocked everyone!

Songi grew angry and began to accuse Tetsu and Vahn of deception. His accusations also challenged the teachings of the missing Patriarch, Dyne, and claimed that Dyne was a false teacher.

But then, Tetsu revealed the mystery. Biron was now a Ra-Seru of Time and Space. And it was possible to acquire him if they find the right Genesis Tree that bears Biron.

Tetsu also revealed that Dyne chose Gala to be another wielder of a Ra-Seru.

The last declaration made Songi even angrier. Bit by bit, his pride of being a genius was being stripped away.

His purity and strict compliance to Biron didn’t become special. All the while, he thought that he was a genius cultivator. But now, cultivation was opened to all, and even the Hunters were shown to have the potential to each what was previously considered to be Core Disciples.

More cultivators managed to improve, and even the Monks, who began to use more of the power elixirs, perfected their control and could launch more attacks.

And not only were the inferior becoming average but there was a new superior in the Monastery.

Vahn and Tetsu began to teach them the attacks of Dyne and even made demonstrations on how to make the attack that thoroughly and brutally injured Songi.

The Juggles.

The hate in the heart of Songi kept growing bigger and bigger. He had a daily reminder of the embarrassing defeat as Juggles became the new craze in the monastery.

Only Kin and Zopu studied the Wave Motion Fist. Cries of Hadouken would be heard every now and then, and the youths all dreamed of this.

And then there was also the training to perfect the Rising Dragon Fist. But the explosion of two Spirit forces, on the legs and another on the fist was difficult to master. And Dyne mastered it, and his Shoryuken had the same fire properties of Dyne’s attack.

But none could master the transference of their Spirit from one leg to the other to perform the Tatsumaki Senpukyaku or the Tornado Whirlwind Leg.

Yet these powerful arts were made forbidden to many monks, and even Songi could not study them.

Soon, Songi stopped complaining but kept all bitterness in his heart and even vowed to acquire the Ra-Seru in East Voz Forest by force!

Vahn observed the training as he was tasked to oversee it.

Songi was quietly cultivating.

Meta… I have a feeling that this Songi will betray us if we proceed with the next plans that Master Dyne instructed.”

I believe it too. But let's do it anyway. Master Dyne has Tieg and Rem. He probably already foresaw Songi’s betrayal. But Master Dyne must have his reasons.” Meta answered.

I’ll talk to Tetsu to still prepare for his possible betrayal,” Vahn answered.

Suddenly, several craftsmen and the engineers who had taken residence in Biron appeared.

Ra-Seru Hero, Vahn. We have completed it!” The head engineer reported.

Vahn smiled and immediately rushed to call Tetsu and Gala.

The plan to turn the Genesis Tree into a Seedling couldn’t be executed right away. If they did turn it to a seedling, it might draw suspicion from the enemies. As such, a plan to sustain it was devised.

The craftsman and engineers who developed the large fans of Biron had fled into Biron, for they were granted refuge. And these groups crafted three fans that were similar to the fan that blew away the Mist. The fans were relatively smaller than the ones inside Biron and were not powered with Geothermal energy. Dyne had already given a draft of how it could work, and the engineers were amazed and improved on it.

With the arrival of the Gobu Gobu and the Slimes, it was possible for them to transfer such heavy materials into the forest. The plan was to place the fans around the three to blow it away. It didn’t have to be as strong as the ones in the Monastery, but it should only be enough to keep the Mist away from the Genesis Tree.

The key factor was that Dyne knew that there would be a river near the Genesis Tree. With his knowledge from the previous world, Dyne introduced hydropower energy. Dyne had long left the blueprints to the engineers as he knew that there was a possibility that the geothermal energy would not be sufficient to protect them.

In the game, the attack in Biron wrecked the devices and caused the fans to fail. And so Dyne thought of this failsafe in case something similar might happen once he was away.

But apart from that, Dyne suggested creating a fan that could blow the mist back.

And the plan was to use hydropower energy to keep the fans whirling and decrease the Mist that would approach the Genesis Tree. With that and the supply of Drake Water, it was possible to keep the Tree healthy.

Everyone watched and rejoiced as they saw the fans working.

Let’s go! We can bring it now!” Vahn called out excitedly.

Calm down, Vahn. We have to be careful. These fans could be destroyed. The river isn’t exactly next to the Genesis Tree but will require us to walk some distance. Who would guard these devices? We can’t leave our Monks to stay there.”

That’s easy, Master Teacher. Calamity and Catastrophe could do it!” Tetsu laughed.

The two slimes that were tamed by Brod and Bertugo and who went through the training in Drake Castle had all their clones now. They had reformed into one. In their united form, no other monsters, be it the Lippians, the Frogs, Ostriches, could contend with these two.

What was even more impressive was that the two had started to gain some sentience and intelligence. Calamity and Catastrophe amazed could communicate and even understand commands. And the complexion of their obedience grew more and more as the days passed. Mostly, they followed the orders of Vahn, Tetsu, Bertugo, and Brod. But the pair were very playful Slimes and would usually play around with children.

I guess that’s possible.” Gala thought.

Songi watched silently. Even he feared the full tackle of these Slimes. His previous clash with Dyne made him suffer a tackle. But now, with the Slime combined into one, its power was double! Not even the spirit blocks of some Monks could withstand such an attack!

Who will go with us?” Tetsu asked.

Some monks volunteered, and Vahn saw a hand raised to which he tried to contain his emotion.

Songi had volunteered.

You wish to volunteer, Songi?” Zopu asked.

I wish to serve Biron and learn through this experience. I disagree with many of these things, and I wish to dissolve my unbelief! I wish to see if the Genesis Tree is indeed the salvation and if there is a Ra-Seru in it! If it is, I will fight to become the host of that Ra-Seru and will even fight Master Teacher if needed to prove my willingness to submit to the will of Patriarch Dyne!” Songi declared.

The Monks looked at Songi in amazement.

Vahn was silent and contained his emotions.

Hmp! He’s very smart! He is admitting his doubts and is using it as a means to go there…” Meta scoffed.

Is it possible that he is becoming good, Meta?”

I wish for that, Vahn. Let’s just keep an eye out.”

Back in Snowdrift Cave…

Terra led Dyne and the team into the deeper regions of the cave.

To the east of this place is the Piaura’s nest is. Most of the time, on the Black and the Red Piura, emerges out of to look for more food. The path on the west leaves to a Theeder colony.”

A Theeder Colony?”

Yes. Thankfully, there is no Mist here, so those Theeders are pretty tame. But if there is Mist… This place would be a very dangerous place. There are over a hundred Theeders! But recently, there have been some strange occurrences within this place. The Piauras have been attacking these Theeders and have been capturing some of them!”

Do the Theeders fight back?”

Only if attacked first.”

So… We have some hundred tamed Theeders, you say? Interesting…” Dyne began to make a devilish smile.

Arya… What do you think? Imagine our skeleton army, all equipped with Serus that shoot lightning beams…” Dyne began to fantasize.

7