Chapter 193: The First Summon
101 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Wild arm was tortured.

Where are the Dynamo parts?!” Dyne asked.

Using Jedo’s power of darkness to draw the soul out and the Brimstone fire, the Wild Arm began to cry out.

The process of torturing was long and arduous, and the scream of the Wild Arm rang out.

Terra pleaded to Dyne to stop, but Dyne told Terra to send Noa to get more Theeders. The Chocobos also followed, and only the Chocobo that led them to the chamber stayed behind.

Dyne could sense that this Chocobo suffered the most under the hands of the Wild Arm.

Terra, stay here to absorb some of the energy from this Wild Arm. It will help you recover a bit.” Dyne said as he began to purge and was slicing some parts of the soul as he purged it.

Ahhhh! It’s under my-!” The Wild Arm soul finally cried.

Under your chamber. I know. It’s sort of obvious. Where else? I’m pretty smart, you know. I already figured out a lot. I’m just having fun. I hope you can brace yourself for the next question.” Dyne chuckled. He had been asking this question for several minutes and then revealed that he already knew where it was.

How evil.” Jedo expressed.

It’s his torture strategy. Dyne’s pretty smart and can mostly figure things out by himself. But how does it feel when someone is forcing you to reveal something, and he exerts quite a lot of effort, and in the end, you find out he already knew and was only enjoying it.”

It’ll make me say things immediately since I don’t want to make him enjoy.”

Exactly.”

What is the plan?” Dyne asked.

You already guessed it!”

Oh? Have I?” Dyne laughed as he slowly began to slice another part.

Yes! Doctor Wily found this alternate timeline and found that the gods that sealed them were all slumbering! But he is too weak to fight the massive armies of the ones creating the Mist and sent it here, where they are much weaker!”

Dyne nodded in expectation.

It seems that Cort is much stronger in that world. This sounds exciting. It looks like Legaia has a New Game+ mode.”

That’s Calamitus’s answer. Breath of Fire IV becomes Breath of Fire III. Brigandine becomes Heroes of Might and Magic. And Legaia creates an alternate world.”

He must be doing some Chrono Cross thing if I’m not mistaken.”

Strafe remained silent but sighed at how Dyne was easily able to guess it.”

How many of you were sent here? And where are they sent?” Dyne asked a new question.

There are… four of us!”

Hm… He’s lying. I already know the answer to it. But I’ll torture him for another five minutes.” Dyne laughed.

Ahhhh!”

How many are there?”Terra asked curiously.

It should be similar to Megaman X’s usual stages. There would be eight of them. And probably some few super bosses.”

The Wild Arm Soul was weeping.

I’m guessing that their forms will be a mix of what we saw here. They will have a Megaman X4 form based on the Wild Arms and the Seru they get. But they might have a second form that is digimonized. This is Cyber Peacock and became Kokatorimon. I bet that one of them is a lion and will take the form of Slash Beast and become Leomon. There is also that dragon, Magma Dragon, who could be a Tyrannomon.”

The Wild Arm was shocked as Dyne guessed accurately.

Yes! Yes! You’re telling the truth!”

The Wild Arm wept and began to list all his allies and the forms they took. A walrus, A spider, a mushroom, an owl, and a Stingray.

As the desperate Wild Arm began to list out everything, Dyne kept roasting him by holding a strange fire in his hand and placing it over the Wild Arm. It did very little damage to the gun itself, but the Soul of the Wild Arm was being burned.

Dyne was whistling a happy tune and glanced at how Grim and Terra were absorbing the energy of the Wild Arm. Secretly, he was chatting with Jedo and Strafe.

Calamitus is quite amazing. He really surpasses me in the usage of games...”

Master Dyne, you do know that what you are doing is impossible? Terra might regain nearly an eight of what his powers will be when we awaken a Ra-Seru.”

Oh? I didn’t know Maverick Serus are strong. Won’t that make us OP if we gather all Serus and absorb them?” Dyne asked Strafe. Why did the cheapskate do this?

It’s impossible for weak Ra-Serus to absorb it. But if I followed the game, only Meta would have had the power to absorb it as he reaches Level 9 as a Ra-Seru. But thanks to Brimstone, the impossible becomes possible.” Jedo explained.

Makes sense. In Legaia, it was not possible to absorb Berserker, Koru, and Caruban. But it’s fun that I can absorb it now!”

If I knew you were Brimstone and was such a freak, I would have made those creatures not Maverick Serus but monsters. Now that I think about it, you may just be capable of absorbing even Sim-Serus...” Strafe sighed.

Jedo, can’t you do this? I mean, you have Yami, which is darkness. Shouldn’t you be able to devour this? After all, you are gluttony.”

Lord Strafe did not allow Yami to walk that road.” Jedo answered.

It’s because once they walk the path of devouring, they become mad. Eating a soul is like merging with it. You get affected by the soul, especially if the soul has strong emotions it harbors. Only those who walk the path of total Darkness do that. You can because you are harnessing Brimstone and can purge the soul of all things making it pure energy that can be absorbed.”

Oh. So this is possible in the Cultivation world? I bet high-ranking cities on that planet will have powerful cultivators like this.”

No. Do you know how rare Brimstone and Time-Space are? And those two elements are some of the hardest elemental powers to master. It’s not even possible to have a way to boost and cultivate even among the advanced planets! Only those which have existed for thousands of years have cultivator partners of Time-Space and Brimstone. And such partnerships do not even last with the conflicting nature of the two. Even if it’s Reverse Brimstone and Time, the two will clash. I keep my distance from Calamitus for a reason. We are allies, but we aren’t friends.”

Mercy! I am a powerful soul! That’s all I know! I can help you control the Wild Arm! I will be good! I promise!” The soul wept.

You do have a point... A sentient soul like this could help me control a Seru.” Dyne began to think.

Hmmm... Jedo, bring out the Afarit.”

Jedo pitied the Wild Arm as he knew what Dyne was planning to do.

The Soul of the Afarit appeared. He was no longer chained inside a massive force field but had dark chains binding it.

Wild Arm. Are you stronger than this guy?” Dyne asked.

That... What being is that...?!”

Jedo?! What is this?!” Terra was shocked to see the powerful soul of immense corruption.

So you’re weaker, huh. Hey Afarit. I plan to make you the main soul residing in this Wild Arm. If you accept-”

I accept!” The Afarit declared immediately.

Well, that was fast. You probably have some request for this.”

Yes. I request that you will spare some of my race and allow them to live once you succeed with your mission.”

Dyne was confused.

What? Why the sudden desire for an alliance.”

I can tell how monstrous you are. The previous things you accomplished were shocking. And I will be honest. I don’t have a choice. My main soul has already competed his Severing.”

Oh? He severed you to complete his Soul Severing? Make senses. He probably thought that you would be used against him. And I did intend that. So why not go ahead, and do the Severing... It's like taking advantage of a problematic situation.” Dyne asked.

You seem to be aware of the Severing process. I was right. I was able to roughly sense a mighty god that you and Jedo kept talking to...”

Oh, he wasn’t hiding. We intentionally let you sense him so that you would offer the alliance yourself. So let me guess... Since he proceeded with Severing, that makes him an unstable cultivator that has completed his Soul Severing. This makes you, the severed part, useless. He will probably devour you if he wants to grow stronger. But in short, you are now a separate entity.”

Yes.” The Afarit answered without hesitating.

You still hold to your obsession to be strong and believe that I can complete your obsession?” Dyne guessed.

The Afarit nodded without hiding.

Dark Fire... Beings of immense passion that is your obsession. You saw my miracles and became obsessed with acquiring power through me.”

You have a Revenant and wraiths as your minions. And you are a Dark Brimstone or a Reverse Brimstone. We align more than Jedo or that God that I have sensed in here.” The Afarit answered.

Well, you are right about that. I guess that will do. I think it’s possible to summon you like how the Ra-Seru heroes summon a Seru to attack. With a massive amount of MP, you can temporarily create a physical body and use it to make an attack! This means... I finally have an Ifrit Summon!” Dyne rejoiced.

I accept whatever arrangements you have, Master. I accept even by taking a soul contract.”

Strafe?”

Jedo. Perform Yami’s Vow of Servitude to him.” Strafe answered.

Jedo began the process that bound the soul. Among Ra-Serus, Yami had the power to enslave and bind the soul of another to himself. But Jedo bounded the Afarit’s soul to Dyne.

The ritual was complete, and the Afarit made the vows to Dyne.

Master.” The soul of the Afarit bowed down.

I got so busy that I forgot to post here last week! I only posted the new chapters in Patreon and forgot about the ones here! I'll post four chapters this week to make up for last weeks blunder.

3