Chapter 194: Theeders and Arms
99 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Afarit was a being of Dark Fire and was obsessed with becoming strong. He wanted to be the strongest and would be the king and lord over his brothers. So his main body severed the lingering connection to the soul to achieve Soul Severance.

From now on, you will be called Ifrit.”

Yes, master.” The Ifrit bowed.

I guess I shouldn’t exert efforts to hide from him.” Strafe laughed.

The Afarit trembled. Strafe no longer hid from the Afarit, but the form of his soul became clear. The Afarit's original power was much stronger than the current forms of Jedo and Terra. And so, the Afarit can sense Strafe clearly.

That is Strafe. The god that has been hiding in me.” Dyne introduced.

The Afarit could sense the power of Strafe.

He is... greatly wounded?”

He’s dying. I still have to find a way to help him through. But apparently, he’s a big shot god.”

A divine, to be specific.” Strafe clarified.

A Divine?! He is not just a Saint?”

What’s he talking about?” Dyne asked Strafe.

He assumed that I am a Saint Expert. They are officially called gods. Any being with the ability of True Creation is often considered as a god.” Strafe explained.

I was foolish enough to go against the disciple of this great divine...I rejoice now for the certain victory in defeating all of my brothers and sisters!” The Afarit bowed.

Still, I’ll be fighting an official Saint. This seems to be problematic. I have to hurry back to the other world once I settle everything here. And it’ll be bad for Rena’s hometown if more of your brothers and sisters achieve Soul Severing.” Dyne frowned.

My main body will take months for him to start showing his real power. And...my lord... Most of my kind cannot easily perform Soul Severance.”

Oh?”

Allow me to explain in a world of the Dark Cultivators. It's almost impossible to find a Brimstone cultivator who could perform such a painful splitting of the soul. All the other elemental attacks can only destroy. If you used Holy to cut off the soul of that Afarit, it will only hurt him and not cut off a part of the soul. Only Brimstone that purges the dimensions can do that. And Brimstone cultivators are normally aligned with the Light. The Afarit’s severed Soul would have naturally returned to his main body and have a wounded state, but you hid the soul in Jedo.”

The Afarit nodded as he respectfully gazed upon a being that managed to separate him and prevented him from returning.

Oh. So I managed to have the right stuff to help him severe it.”

Correct. But where in Eternity can you find a Brimstone and a Time/Space cultivator working together? It is possible to divide the soul by other means, but they need the power of Light. This is why the Dark cultivators have not yet defeated the Light. Light cultivators can find numerous ways of dividing and spitting the soul to create clones. That isn’t readily available for Dark cultivators. And if ever there are Dark cultivators that have successfully divided his soul, they would naturally have allied with us.”

Like Calamitus Slime.”

Exactly.”

Then your siblings will have a hard time reaching Saint or whatever equal you dark cultivators have?”

We have all been at the brink of Depravity. A little more, and we would be Fiends, the equal of what you would call Saints. But we need a strong amount of energy to break through the bottleneck. The instructions of our father were to fight and devour to become Daemons.”

Oh. If Strafe is a Divine, you guys have Daemons... In any case, Jedo, unseal him.” Dyne ordered.

A purple light glowed out of the Afarit, and Jedo no longer sealed the Afarit.

It seems that your soul can only recover to that degree...” Dyne noticed.

Yes. I can only grow to become one-eight of my original power.”

Alright. Stay in the Wild Arm. You will be the host of it. I have a feeling that you will even grow stronger with that.” Dyne smiled as he held on to the Wild Arm and channeled Brimstons energy.

The Wild Arm’s soul screamed.

Time to get you out of this.”

No! Mercy! Don’t kill me! I will serve you just like that demon!” The Wild Arm cried.

Alright.” Dyne agreed.

...You won’t kill me?”

No. Jedo, seal his body. Don’t resist, or I really will kill you. And make the same vow that Ifrit did.” Dyne harnessed the bright purple energy and forced the Wild Arm’s soul out.

The soul of Kokatorimon appeared, and it had the transparent appearance of what Serus looked like when it would be absorbed. It disappeared and faded as his soul went inside Jedo.

As the soul was removed, the Afarit then moved and entered the Wild Arm.

Impressive. This is a powerful Soul weapon!” The Afarit was amazed.

How long will it take for you to fuse with it?”

About a day. But it may take me more than a week to familiarize myself with this new body of mine.”

Alright. Go ahead and start. Now for the Dynamo parts. Tell the Chocobos to gather!” Dyne announced.

The Chocobos?” Jedo asked. They could easily blow a hole in the ground with their attacks.

I wonder if I can play Chocobo hot and cold here.”

This isn’t Final Fantasy IX.” Strafe reminded.

This is Legaia.”

Says who? You already created the Evil Forest. You! Leader of the pack! From this day onwards, you will be Choco!” Dyne pointed to the Chocobo.

Jedo and Strafe were doing a spiritual face-palm.

It’s perfect! You had a previous master that was mistreating you, and I freed you! Just like Choco!”

Choco had a strange look on his face but agreed after Jedo translated.

It likes the new name,” Jedo informed Dyne.

Choco! Go and call your friends and the Piuaras. Their drill-like hands ought to be perfect for unearthing that Dynamo part.”

Soon, Rena and Noa returned with Terra, and the Chocobos and the Piuras rushed in.

The Piuras were amazed as they finally saw how their previous master was serving Dyne. Kokatorimon even made an appearance in soul form to tell all the Piuras that they now serve Dyne.

Gyoro and Ururun were seated on Rena’s shoulder and had recovered from the lightning attacks.

Gyoro and Ururun bolted and rested at Dyne’s shoulder.

Good to see you back. Gyoro. Ururun. Man you, guys are tough. Thank you for helping me bear the lighting when the Chocobos shot the Theeder attack.” Dyne tapped the two on the head.

When Dyne was trying to forge the Heart of Nox in Grim, the two-headed dragon bore much of the attack and absorbed so much that it allowed Dyne to withstand the electricity. As a result, he was the last person that was damaged by the lightning until Grim awakened.

It was strange. The healing magic on him had little effects after several rounds.” Rena reported.

It’s because he was really suffering. The truth is, if it weren’t for his great vitality, they would have died. It’s good that they are both fire and ice. Gyoro’s fire body bore most of the electrical attacks while Ururun focused on freezing Gyoro to minimize the burns.”

KWEH!” Choco shouted and began to instruct the group in excavating the dynamo parts.

The Chocobos brought along many Theeders with them.

Kokatorimon. How did Doctor Wily create that network area with the Theeders? I know that he must have created it for you, but how did you achieve it here?” Dyne asked.

I don’t know. As you guessed, it was Doctor Wily and Sigma who plotted this. Lord Sigma has a way of corrupting the souls of creatures similar to how the Mist here does. Doctor Wily created a powerful soul parasite and instilled it in my soul. All I had to do was gather the Theeders, and he did the rest. The Dynamo part created the entire room and was actually powering it up. It was through that that I formed my current form that you call Kokatorimon.”

I see. I wondered how Theeders could create such a precise Digimon form. The Dynamo part harnessed the energy... What a curious device.”

Even those that the Chocobo wore were a result of that. I can’t do it again.”

I sort of expected that. It was too advanced. Only a Soul Cultivator like Corrupt Biron and a Mind Cultivator like Corrupt Doctor Ursa can do that... But it’s still a bummer. Oh well. I can divide your soul into many soul bits so you can take possession of several Theeders.”

Kokatorimon felt the fright of his life.

It won’t work.” Strafe answered.

Kokatorimon’s soul is too weak. Even the Afarit can only have his soul divided into three equal parts. Any more, and the souls will die.”

Then I guess you can take possession of one Theeder. And you’ll be the temporary worn Seru of Gala. Although, he probably won’t accept you just yet. I got it! You can go with the wolf for now! Terra, do you have enough power to transfer to Noa?”

Yes, Lord Dyne. But I will need help.” Terra answered.

Then that’s it then! Everyone, please settle down. Kokatorimon, select a Theeder, and Terra prepares to make your transfer to Noa. If there is anything else you need to do in this place, do it. Ask the Chocobo and the Piuras to help. We’ll spend a few more days here. I need to think of a way to use these Piuras.”

After a few more discussions, the group began to make their respective arrangements.

3