Chapter 227: The Akuma and the Devil
73 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Dyne was rushing, the appearance of Songi had changed. Around Songi, a purple aura began to manifest. His expression turned from anger to indifference. With his expression and dark purple clothes, Songi looked just like Akuma of Street Fighter did.

The hate and explosive wrath were reflected in his eyes, and Gala felt powerless and couldn’t find the courage to make the necessary step forward.

But Dyne charged without stopping, even as the powers of Songi flew beyond the second level of the Martial Formation Stage.

“Let’s go, Songi!” Dyne laughed as he charged ahead.

Dyne’s fist began to release dark orange fire as he punched out.

Songi smirked and sent another punch to meet Dyne’s punch. This happened in their first fight, and Songi was more than happy to oblige and challenge Dyne for a show of strength.

Purple energy began to appear on Songi’s fist.

BOOM!

Time/Space and Brimstone met as the two fists connected.

Dyne lost the exchange and was blown back a few steps. But Songi was horrified. He had borrowed power from the strange prayer beads that made him several levels higher, and yet Dyne was almost able to match it.

“This is fun!” Dyne laughed.

“Ken Vs. Akuma! Round One! Fight! Hadouken!” Dyne announced as he released a fiery energy ball.

Songi saw the attack and sneered. This was the same attack that Tetsu had mastered in Biron and was one of the techniques that all Biron Monks wanted to have.

“Hmph! I’ll show you!” Songi assumed the same pose that Dyne did when he channeled the energy for his Hadouken.

“Hyper Wave!” Songi shouted and released an energy beam attack similar to the attack he had in the game.

BOOM!

The two attacks met, and Dyne had to evade as his Hadouken was easily devoured by the wave-like form of the energy attack that Songi sent.

“Ha Ha Ha! Your Wave Motion Fist is inferior to my Hyper Wave!” Songi taunted.

“Huh… I never noticed that both are Wave arts. Oh well, Songi does seem to be based on Akuma.” Dyne ignored Songi’s taunt and was starting to believe that the Legaia developers based Songi on Akuma.

“Dark powers, check. Red Hair, check. Dark purple dojo attire, check.” Dyne went through the checklist of similarities between the two.

He glanced at Gala.

"Has a rivalry with a do-goody-goody martial art practitioner, check. Wow. They do have a lot of similarities..."

"Die!" Songi couldn't take Dyne's casual response and attacked.

But despite his rage, his movements were rather graceful and only required him to lift his legs, and he didn’t even need to take a step as he was able to levitate toward Dyne with sonic speed.

“Raging Demon!” Dyne didn’t cower as he saw the fast approach of Songi, who was aiming to perform the trademark black-screen beat-up, and prepared his counter.

“Jedo!” Dyne called out, and just as Songi was using the power of Time/Space to lift him and fly, Dyne used Time/Space to help him maintain his stance as he jumped up.

“Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpukyaku!” Dyne countered with the Tornado Whirlwind Kick and spun around, and harnessed his Spirit to stabilize the force of his attacks.

The sudden movements of Dyne caught Songi by surprise. He was almost confident that this new speedy attack would allow him to catch the elusive Dyne.

But he was a soldier and had a lifetime of experience fighting under the covering fire of machine guns and modern weaponry, and his body moved in instinct to quickly counter the fight. And as someone used to rush forward even when over a dozen man was aiming a gun at him, charge Songi was not that intimidating.

The speedy counter struck Songi as Dyne’s tornado kick began.

Songi blocked the first attack, but then, a strange suction was happening.

“Darkness!” Vile sensed the power.

Jedo was not just using Time/Space but also Dark to create the powerful devouring force pulling Songi deeper into the storm.

Dyne began to kick Songi and would instantly rotate in the other direction as he gave yet another kick with his other leg. The force of each kick allowed Dyne to transition to another kick, and a version of the Tornado Whirlwind Kick similar to the Street Fighter characters Dan and Sean appeared.

SMASH! SMASH! SMASH!

Songi’s Raging Demon was stopped as he focused on blocking the multi-stage attacks of Dyne. Each kick and block contained Spirit and elemental energy creating fiery explosions.

“You!” Songi countered and began to hurl punches at Dyne as both began to levitate around the room. But Songi could not pull away from the darkness that was drawing him in.

The sight of Dyne fighting Songi without fear made a grievous blow to Gala's heart.

He trembled and froze when he saw Songi reveal power enough to end him in a single attack. And yet Dyne charged on ahead.

“Am I going to be this useless to Patriarch?! We Monks would be the first to die before our Patriarch ever puts himself in such a dangerous situation! I need power! Power to fight against the evils that arise and threaten this world!” Gala vowed.

At that moment, the heart of Gala’s desire reached the Ra-Seru Egg attached to his hammer, which began to give a dim glow.

Gala could feel it.

“You too, Ozma? Then let’s go!” Gala swallowed his fear and charged forward.

Songi and Dyne had aerial combat, and Songi even began to perform an aerial Hyper Wave, which Dyne managed to evade.

But in the heat of their battle, Songi didn’t sense Gala's approach.

The image of the attack that Dyne explained to Gala when they were in the monastery appeared. It was harnessing the lightning energy into a fist and allowing it to explode.

“Thunder Punch!” Gala roared and performed an attack similar to the Hyper Arts he was destined to learn.

BOOM!

The attack struck Songi in the back and hurled him forward, forcing Songi to fall into the combo of the Tatsumaki Senpukyaku.

SMASH! SMASH! SMASH!

The series of kicks struck Songi, and in anger, Songi released a powerful burst of lightning energy.

BOOM!

Dyne and Gala were blown back from the attack.

Songi stood on the ground, and red lightning began to course around him in anger.

Dyne and Gala gathered together again, and both began devouring a healing fruit. The attack damaged the two of them. Luckily, Dyne took the bulk of the attack and resisted it with Jedo’s shield at the last moment.

"Ah, there it is. Another checkmark between Akuma and Songi. They both use lighting-related energy. He really took your rivalry to another level, Gala. He knew you were skilled in lightning and studied it to be stronger at wielding it than you." Dyne pointed out.

“Vile! We have to give it our all!” Songi shouted.

“You want to use that form? But I guess we have no choice. The Guard Scorpions will lose at this rate anyway…”

Songi concentrated, and the armor of Vile was slowly emerging and covering his right hand. The jewel in his forehead slowly moved down towards Songi’s right eye.

Dyne had a very bizarre look on his face.

“Is that… Cyber Akuma?!”

“What’s that, Patriarch?” Gala asked.

“It’s a… stronger form. Still, I gotta give my props to Calamitus. That guy is a genius! He combined Legaia lore to create that awesome form and is still, in its most technical sense, lore-friendly to Legaia…” Dyne was amazed.

“Prepare to die, Patriarch!” Songi roared.

“Ah… Fine. I heard that Akuma appears in Tekken 7. So I guess I’ll still be playing a game if I use this power, and it won’t be cheating or breaking immersion… I think...” Dyne reluctantly brought out the Wild Arm.

“Ifrit. Jedo! Let’s do this!”

“Yes, master!” The Afarit complied.

Jedo was the first to harness the darkness. He created a powerful form of energy and began to slowly release the avatar of his main body creating two huge dark wings that spread open.

The Ifrit’s power is also combined with Dyne’s body.

In the process of creating the Digi-Egg, Dyne realized that there was very little corruption that could affect him as long as his heart was immersed and obsessed with his passion for gaming. And so, even as they moved here, Dyne knew that he would face off with Songi once more, and since he used Street Fighter moves against Songi on their first battle, this one would probably have elements of it as Calamitus had seen through Dyne’s memories.

And so, Dyne allowed the Afarit’s soul to commune with him. The darkness of the Afarit wouldn’t even hinder Dyne as he played. And while the situation was forced as a game, the prospect of an exciting crossover between games spurred the obsession of Dyne.

And that prospect was Marvel Vs. Capcom’s Cyber Akuma versus Tekken’s Devil Jin.

Dyne’s arms turned into dark, monstrous claws burning with flames. Dyne’s eyes turned red, and he was flying.

“What…?!” Songi was shocked. He thought himself to be the devil. But the figure of Dyne before him was that of a real Devil.

“Gala. I can’t keep this form for long since this is my first time using it. I can only afford one blow. So help me!”

“Yes, Patriarch!” Gala took out his hammer, and the lightning energy began to churn strongly on Gala’s hammer.

At that moment, there was a slight disturbance in Dyne’s transformation as he angrily glanced at Gala.

“Is-Is something the matter, patriarch?”

“… Never mind. Thor is Marvel. Marvel Vs. Capcom. Cyber Akuma. Tekken 7, and I guess Tekken. I’ll have to be more flexible in playing games.” Dyne shook his head, and these comforting correlations and reasoning allowed Dyne to stabilize the imbalance caused by Gala using his hammer.

“As you said, Songi. Let’s finish this!”

4