Chapter 256: Fleeing North
45 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The group continued to sprint through the vast wilderness of Legaia.

They were all huddled together as the Slime Platform stood well. The Zenoir followed closely behind, along with

But the battles that they faced were too many as they met various monster hordes.

Dyne and his team kept traveling north as they had planned.

Chad and Jaden grimaced in pain as the Entropy that gave rot on their bodies continued to affect them. They were given several vials of the ‘Medicine’ item that they found but noticed that it wasn’t curing them!

The medicine managed to slow the spread, but the cruel power of Entropy kept moving around.

What a dangerous boss!” Dyne sighed.

Rena tried her best to heal, and even the Vera she was wearing on her could not cure it.

The Vera is not strong enough. We have to train it. And the Vera that all of us can cast with our Ra-Serus won’t heal it since its level is too low... Too bad the Seru summons in this world doesn’t grow stronger with constant use...” Dyne recalled that in Legaia, Serus only needed to be cast several times to level up. But in this reality, the Ra-Seru itself has to grow stronger.

A Vera can heal this?!” Rena was amazed. She was horrified at the poison.

If it grows strong enough. Rena, you can heal this too if you train hard enough.”

But what do we do, big brother!” Noa flapped her arm in worry.”

Leave it to me. I’ll have to create a medicine pill through alchemy! Thankfully, the Book of Calamitus Slime has enough knowledge for me to create the medicine. But... I won’t be able to command you.” Dyne explained.

Master Dyne. I am your shadow. Allow me to lead the team.” Arya volunteered. She had been with Dyne the longest time and had seen his strategies. Arya was also the keenest and had the best observation skills due to her obsession with the ‘Broken Sword’ style of observing that Dyne used to turn Ussyls into an ally.

Alright. Everyone, follow Arya’s command and continue to rush north! Vahn, use the Spikefish flute if necessary. Just pour in Spirit in it to summon it. But only use it if we can’t break through a monster horde. So keep close, everyone, and focus on retreating.”

Leave it to us!” The rest of the team nodded.

Serge, move out with me. Amorien rides Choco and helps us as well. We are the fastest-moving members of this team and will be in charge of ensuring that no one goes near. The rest, keep defending the Slime platform! Noa, I need you to ride Godhand. Take Grim with you. Anyone heavier and its speed will slow down. You have to defend Godhand, who will be concentrating on fleeing. Gala, I need you riding Noa’s Chocobo. Scyther, Agumon, take the front. Ishreth, focus fire on the back. Hunters fire at will!” Arya gave a list of orders.

The group immediately acted.

As the group fought, Dyne stood over the two allies of his.

Chad, Jaden. This will hurt a lot! I will use Brimstone to purge the rot away with the poison. It won’t cure it, but it will limit it.”

Dyne harnessed the Brimstone energy on his palm. He had acquired some cultivation physician books from the numerous forts he raided and had to absorb them in his free time.

Dyne used his powers and began to treat Chad and Jaden by sending in his Brimstone energy directly into the affected areas.

AHHHH!” Chad and Jaden shouted in pain. They were Martial Formation experts and had a high defense, but the painful scream echoed.

But Dyne kept pouring in the power until he managed to seal the raging entropy.

Rena!”

FLASH!

Rena immoderately healed them.

The wounds began to close, but the wounds were too deep. The problem was that Jaden and Chad had high levels. And the wounds that they were suffering were creating a massive drop in their vitality. For Rena to heal them, she would have to cast her spells several times.

It was like the damage that Jaden and Chad now had taken a huge amount of HP. And Rena could only heal a little bit.

Rena was becoming exhausted from all the healing. She had been a major part of the team, as her heels were vital.

Rena. You’ve stopped the bleeding. That is enough. Rest for now and eat. You’ll need it to heal the others.” Dyne brought out several piles of food.

Everyone! Eat as you go!” Dyne ordered and began to make an alchemic medicine.

The rotting has been sealed with Brimstone, but I will need medicine to stop it from spreading.” Dyne brought out a cauldron he had acquired and immediately brought out several ingredients.

Dyne used his Brimstone as a source of fire that began to cook the medicinal herbs by mixing them in the cauldron.

But instead of heating the outside of the cauldron, Dyne was only using the cauldron as a place where he could easily mix all the herbs.

Calamitus is a slime god, and his mortal incarnation had a very bizarre alchemy style. Guess I inherited that...” Dyen chuckled as he focused on creating the medicine.

Noa was the most eye-catching fighter.

She would jump from one Chocobo to the next and land at Godhand in her attacks.

Serge worked together with Noa, and the pair had such chemistry in their fight that they managed to perform outstanding combos together, with Noa jumping off and getting caught by Serge.

Dyne saw this and chuckled.

That’s right. Apart from his childhood friend, Leena, Serge also has a thing for a robust, carefree girl.” Dyne recalled the character Kid from Chrono Cross.

When more and more of the enemies drew near, Vahn activated the Spikefish Flute, which blinded the monsters and allowed the team to move further and further.

The monsters crashed into each other as the light blinded them, and some even began to fight each other.

The group managed to push ahead and was nearly two kilometers away from the monsters when the blinding light effects ended.

Jaden and Chad’s conditions were better, but they couldn’t fight and had fallen into a deep sleep.

The group continued to escape, and Dyne was watching the areas around him.

Dyne spotted a small town in their sprint, and a group of skeletons could be seen from afar.

Why aren’t they attacking?” Amorien frowned.

It’s Master Dyne. Fate knows that master Dyne can control them.” Serge had seen the powers of Dyne and knew that Fate was stopping this undead from rushing in lest they be converted to their side.

Right... Dyne can control the undead!” Ishreth remembered.

Master Dyne, what now? I’ve used so much of the Spirit Stone that I can’t transform anymore.” Bishop Chrone revealed.

Fight in whatever ways you can. You can still act as a healer. But we all have to keep holding on. I can sense Fate running out of things to throw at us. Alright... This should be enough. Everyone stop.” Dyne suddenly ordered.

The group followed.

Why are we stopping?” Shiva asked as she could see the ground behind her. She had been making various cold spots on the ground to make the enemies slip whenever she could gather enough ice energy.

To make the enemies behind us catch up. Do you see that bridge?” Dyne pointed to the front.

There was a large bridge that connected the two islands.

At the other side is another monster horde waiting. Fate is leading us into this trap. As I said, it wants to kill some of us.”

Then why are we waiting?” Tetsu was the one that asked.

So that the enemies behind us will catch up with us, and when they chase us, we use the Spikefish flute and have the two crash on each other. Hopefully, they will fight. As for us, we push forward. Rest and recover. The monsters will be here soon.” Dyne ordered.

The group followed and rested and began to eat.

The thick Mist around them was becoming so thick that they could barely see what was in front of them.

The monsters are closing in. They should be here in a minute.” Esto spoke as he listened to the ground below.

Alright. Get ready to move. We will be charging out right before they arrive. Vahn, use the Spikefish Flute on my command. We will be breaking through an entire horde of bison, worms, and slimes. So this will be quite difficult. Shiva... You have to cast one magic to clear the way.” Dyne explained.

And so, the group waited.

The sounds of the monster's roars could be heard. But the team waited and waited.

Now!” Dyne commanded, and the group suddenly moved out.

As they dashed ahead, the monsters could be seen emerging from the thick Mist. The monster horde was just a few meters away from Dyne’s team!

The entire team sprinted toward the other side of the bridge, and Shiva harnessed the energy. They could not see what was before them.

Wait for my command, Shiva. Just cast your magic to blow as further as it can.”

Yes, Lord Dyne!” Shiva answered as she harnessed the ice energy in her.

Now!”

Diamond Dust!” Shiva shouted as she shot the wave of ice pushing ahead them.

4