Chapter 12 – Transmigrated villainess
5.8k 21 203
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The small salon is equipped with neatly aligned rows of white round marble-top tables and bentwood chairs. Several colourful cakes and desserts were displayed in the glass showcase. The smell of freshly brewed coffee lingers in the atmosphere. The fair ladies come here for small social gatherings, and sometimes they’ll bring their partners for dates. It’s a popular date spot.

Today, I’m working part-time in “White Swan” salon - a posh high-end pseudo cafe/restaurant as a waitress to obtain extra income. When winter arrives, new year follows soon after. It’s a celebratory event and I’ll be returning to my village to visit my family. This means I need to buy some gifts for my several brothers and sisters… I’ll have to burn a hole in my pocket.

I’m on duty for the couples-only second floor, where the tables are small round tables with two chairs opposing each other. The business is a tad slow as the cold winter makes several stay indoors, but some people love the privacy when the salon is more empty.

I look over the dining area, making sure I’m paying attention to any table that might need service. But my eyes can’t help but stray towards a man who seats himself besides the window overlooking the street - you guessed it, it’s a potential male lead. 

A noble, I’m sure, observing the way he dresses and carries himself. Dressed neat and tidy, his silver white hair combed proper and his eyebrows groomed - he's a handsome man with prominent features. I’m sure he’s waiting for his date. 

His face stern with a frown stuck on his lips, he probably doesn’t want to be here to meet who ever he’s supposed to meet. The way he impatiently taps on the desk shows he got forced into this. Either way, there’s no doubt there will be some drama unfolding.

I wonder if my co-worker will be willing to change duties with me… But I’m getting extra pay to work on this floor so guess I’ll just have to force my way through this.

With the heels clacking, who appeared from the stairs was the villainess I saw the other day… Except she now carries a complete opposite aura around her. 

Her drill hair was no more, wavy hair descends down her shoulders. Make up wiped off her face, her pink translucent skin highlighted her subtle beauty. Her sharp pointed eyes without heavy eyeliners only gave her a determined look instead of a sinister expression. Instead of wearing gothic fluffy clothes adorned with overwhelmingly fancy jewellery, she wore a simple but elegant dress which gave her a mature and calm disposition.

Ah I know this formula! If I’m correct, she probably had a near-death experience recently. A transmigrator.

Oh boy, I’m about to witness some good face slapping aren’t I?

“Rosette… you… What are you planning now?” The man utters, surprised by her change. This man is probably her fiancé, the one who got dragged into the baron daughter heroine’s harem.

The quiet near-empty floor allows me to overhear their conversation despite standing a few steps away.

“Nice to meet you too, your highness.” The woman indirectly attacks the man’s rudeness and lack of greetings.

“…… your highness?” the man repeated her words, flabberghasted.

“Wasn’t it you who hated when I call your name?”

The man, taken aback, only silently stares at her from across the table. After a few seconds, he clears his throat to gain back composure he lost.

“Let's go through with whatever you have planned for today. I’m a busy man shouldering many responsibilities. If it wasn’t for you threatening me with your recent illness, I wouldn’t have come.”

“You won’t regret coming today.” The woman says with conviction. “I’m here to give you what you want.”

“….. What do you mean?”

“Our engagement. Let’s break it.”

The man coughs, obviously surprised at the words which came out of her mouth. It’s actually time for me to deliver the menu to their table but with that sort of intense conversation ongoing, I don’t think I can interrupt… I can only silently wail in my heart for this to be over soon.

A long silence lingers in the atmosphere as the man stares at the woman in front of him. “You… is this another method of yours to get my attention? If so, you should stop it. This is not going to work.”

BRUH. How narcissistic are you? Can’t you see in her expressions how disgusted she’s with you right now? She sees you less than a pig on a farm.

“I must’ve been blind to like this bastard of a man.” The villainess scoffs at his nonsense, “You think everyone must like you because you’re a prince? Does it not occur to you that a woman might genuinely hate your two-timing ways? You cheating fuck, acting all self-righteous when you’re the one waving your dick around while having fiancé on one hand.”

You go, girl!

Stunned in silence, his mouth repeatedly opens and closes to retort but no words would come out of his parted lips.

“Angry about my words? Capture me for lèse-majesté why don’t you? See if my dad continues to support your faction then.” She continues sprinkling salt over the wounded prince. “I want the signed documents by next week.”

After saying everything she wants, she immediately stands up to leave not giving the prince any chance to utter a word. With her head high and chest forward, pride emits from her whole being as she descends the stairs and leaves the floor. 

The prince, fully marinated in salt, just sits dazedly wondering what the hell just happened.

“Was she always that pretty? Did she always shine this bright?” He mutters to himself. “Breaking engagement… Letting you go... I can’t do that…”

Ah what the fuck. This is another obvious cliche; when the person who’s been chasing them all along suddenly stops, they can’t accept it and the chased starts chasing instead.

Are you a masochist? Or rather, do you think you can just do a 180 on how you've been treating her so far and suddenly she'll like you back? (... Actually nvm those kinda stories do exist.) 

Or realistically, why is he so easy to forget all the 16 or so years of her doing evil annoying things just because she got sassy and pretty all of a sudden?

I place a glass of water on the table for the prince. I hope you wash down some of the salt with this… And cool the severe burn you just received. Poor guy.

203